• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I/E and J/P Unveiled

Little_Sticks

The only real base types that are interwoven into a person's psyche that can't be changed are

EST/IST
ESF/ISF
ENT/INT
ENF/INF

The judging/perceiving is a product of the environment. The naked psyche tries its best to convey itself to its environment. What works is consciously imprinted into a person's mind through nurture. This can be changed however if a person finds it doesn't work out with its environment anymore and wants to change its conscious orientation. Thus it is a deeply rooted conscious arrangement that can be changed.

E/I however is a little different. It seems to throw in some confusing aspects. I believe this to be an unconscious orientation, directly related to the J/P conscious dynamic. Consider someone who thinks they are an ENFP.

E-NF-P (conscious change)-> E-NF-J

(unconscious projection)
|
V

INFJ

I believe the big consideration here in determining a person's true E/I orientation (if they are good actors) is finding what the person unconsciously projects.

Now before we begin.

I AM RIGHT. YOU ARE WRONG.

Okay, let's begin.

Edit: HAHAHAHA

Last edited:

psyche

"I believe the big consideration here in determining a person's true E/I orientation (if they are good actors) is finding what the person unconsciously projects."

Could you please explain this a bit more, perhaps with an example or two?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm pretty sure E and I are due to nature. The brain's need for stimuli is just different.

Little_Sticks

"I believe the big consideration here in determining a person's true E/I orientation (if they are good actors) is finding what the person unconsciously projects."

Could you please explain this a bit more, perhaps with an example or two?

It's the balancing effect. Ni ~ Ne, Si ~ Se, Ti ~ Te, Fi ~ Fe. How often have you found Fi to drive a strong Fe? And vice versa in INFPs and INFJs? The same goes for all the other functions. This is based on observation. Then if you remove the I/E, you remove the J/P. So we come back to basic Jung.

N - S
T - F

NT
NF
ST
SF

But there is no denying that each of those types respond to stimuli quite differently (what we attribute to I/E, except I/E doesn't exactly mean introvert/extrovert. It's more of a marker for a difference in processing stimuli).

Therefore, you will notice when a person is typed correctly they often display a kind of ulterior projection to what their base ego normally presents (ego being their type here).

Thus, take an INTP for example, by cognitive functions.
They have Ti Ne Si Fe

If correctly typed you will notice they project an ENTJ set of cognitive functions at times.
They have Te Ni Se Fi

All that is happening is that the functions that are natural to the type are being projected slightly differently in a manner that takes a little more energy to maintain (which is why it isn't done primarily and isn't the person's base type). So at the base of it, both types have the same functions T N S F.

I would like to give you some concrete examples, but this is something that I've noticed among the different types as I've interacted with them, most often with the presumption that I am the same type as them for one reason or another. And I don't want to pick apart things people have said and have them get offended by misunderstanding what I'm trying to say through their example. Just test the theory yourself!

The brain's need for stimuli is just different.

I'm glad we're in agreement.