• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitchhikers Guide MBTI?

Favourite character from THHGTTG

• Arthur

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Ford

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Trillian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zaphod

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Marvin

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Slartibartfast

• The man who rules the universe

• Random

• Other

• Total voters

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Arthur

Ford

Trillian

Zaphod

Marvin (I heart Marvin!)

Slartibartfast

The man who rules the universe

Random

Thanks for your answers, and remember, DON'T PANIC.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh wait. I didn't explain properly. I'd like you to type them please.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Marvin is INTP. :D

Mole

Permabanned
It's Marvin

And of course it's Marvin. We all love Marvin. How could we not love Marvin? And who could be more in need of love than Marvin? He speaks for all of us. No matter what is going on, Marvin insists we listen to his feelings. It doesn't matter that he is simply depressed, and a depressed robot at that. It's that, in spite of everything, we listen to Marvin's feelings.

Some have even suggested the word, 'psychosis', to describe Marvin's feelings, but we don't care. We only care about Marvin and his fabulous feelings because finally it is Marvin's feelings that come out on top.

And as Marvin's feelings come out on top, so do we.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Marvin is also fictional. Had he not been fictional, but an actual being, I feelings towards marvin would be drastically different from what they are now. :p

Mole

Permabanned
Marvin is also fictional. Had he not been fictional, but an actual being, I feelings towards marvin would be drastically different from what they are now. :p

Marvin is not fictional. What a terrible thing to say! Marvin is no more fictional than the HAL 9000.

Mole

Permabanned
Marvin is also fictional.

Fictional? Fictional? Next you will be telling me Jesus is fictional.

So what are ya, Fluffywolf, a atheist, a non-believer?

Marvin is worth ten of you - no fifty.

No wonder Marvin gets depressed with people around like you - non-believers, atheists - people who are simply unable to suspend their disbelief long enough to believe in Marvin.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself and perhaps take Marvin as your role model and learn what it is to be depressed.

I hope you have learnt your lesson, Fluffywolf, and you won't be spreading any of this 'fictional' stuff around anymore.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fictional? Fictional? Next you will be telling me Jesus is fictional.

So what are ya, Fluffywolf, a atheist, a non-believer?

Marvin is worth ten of you - no fifty.

No wonder Marvin gets depressed with people around like you - non-believers, atheists - people who are simply unable to suspend their disbelief long enough to believe in Marvin.

I think you should be ashamed of yourself and perhaps take Marvin as your role model and learn what it is to be depressed.

I hope you have learnt your lesson, Fluffywolf, and you won't be spreading any of this 'fictional' stuff around anymore.

I'm afraid I will be spreading it. A depressed person looks at the world much unlike me. It sees different context in what is in front of them. I don't have the eyes of a depressed person.

Thus, I am a non believer. And I do put a gap between what I find real and fictional.

It is not my concern how other people interpret the context of the subject that is Marvin. And I don't wish to be told what to do from the eyes of the depressed, just like I don't tell the eyes of depressed what I believe they should do.

Sorry Marvin. It's all my fault. Is what is expected of me. But it's substanceless, coming from a person who looks at the world through eyes like mine. :yes:

Mole

Permabanned
I do put a gap between what I find real and fictional.

And into the gap falls transubstantiation, where the fictional becomes real.

I can see Fluffy that your schooling has omitted transubstantiation and so has left you only half a person - a person doubting the existence of Marvin and any other so-called fictional character. It's like you drag around everyday without your own shadow - "my shadow is fictional", you claim, and your shadow slouches off towards Bethlehem.

You look in the mirror, Fluffy, and tell your own reflection, "you are fictional, just like Marvin and even the baby Jesus".

So no wonder you are becoming insubstantial Fluffy.

Without believing even in yourself Fluffy, you are becoming fluffier and fluffier every day.

Turn the world around, Fluffy, and look through Marvin's eyes. Tell me honestly, would Marvin ever say you are fictional?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, also, could someone please explain why Ford tends to be such a popular character? Maybe it's just me, but he always seems like just an 'along for the ride' person (well he is a hitchhiker) but he didn't seem to have that much of a strong personality. I think I'm gonna have to read through the books again (and find out what happened to my copy of the first one).