User Tag List

MBTI
    STP

Default Ability to extrapolate

I noticed that one key feature of an introverted function is the ability to extrapolate where things will go easily and automatically.

Ti can extrapolate logically
    Si can extrapolate concretely
    Ni can extrapolate patterns
    Fi can extrapolate feelings

Basically we make internal jumps from point A to point D. The extraverted functions are used to understand and question these jumps externally that we dont understand.

How much of conversation is misunderstood because of this internal extrapolation in different areas and how does this affect communication. Also this extrapolation in certain areas when very open can lead to a feeling of internal vulnerability. I know with people who have the same functions as me I dont feel as vulnerable as I do when I interact with those that have opposite internal functions.

Ideas or thoughts?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    [
    edited and re-framed with types omitted]

extrapolate logically
    extrapolate concretely
    extrapolate patterns
    extrapolate feelings
    This is a nice paradigm/strategy/pattern/expression for for effective extrapolation regardless of type.

The problem with extrapolation is that often it goes to far in one direction and it loses itself. This pattern in skilled hands would serve the purpose of general understanding without overextension.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    This is a nice paradigm/strategy/pattern/expression for for effective extrapolation regardless of type.

The problem with extrapolation is that often it goes to far in one direction and it loses itself. This pattern in skilled hands would serve the purpose of general understanding without overextension.
    I tied it into introversion because this seems to be something that our introverted function would be more susceptible to. Not really tied to type, but function. Not related to dom vs aux vs tert, but general function.
    Im out, its been fun