• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ability to extrapolate

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I noticed that one key feature of an introverted function is the ability to extrapolate where things will go easily and automatically.

Ti can extrapolate logically
Si can extrapolate concretely
Ni can extrapolate patterns
Fi can extrapolate feelings

Basically we make internal jumps from point A to point D. The extraverted functions are used to understand and question these jumps externally that we dont understand.

How much of conversation is misunderstood because of this internal extrapolation in different areas and how does this affect communication. Also this extrapolation in certain areas when very open can lead to a feeling of internal vulnerability. I know with people who have the same functions as me I dont feel as vulnerable as I do when I interact with those that have opposite internal functions.

Ideas or thoughts?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[
edited and re-framed with types omitted]

extrapolate logically
extrapolate concretely
extrapolate patterns
extrapolate feelings

This is a nice paradigm/strategy/pattern/expression for for effective extrapolation regardless of type.

The problem with extrapolation is that often it goes to far in one direction and it loses itself. This pattern in skilled hands would serve the purpose of general understanding without overextension.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a nice paradigm/strategy/pattern/expression for for effective extrapolation regardless of type.

The problem with extrapolation is that often it goes to far in one direction and it loses itself. This pattern in skilled hands would serve the purpose of general understanding without overextension.

I tied it into introversion because this seems to be something that our introverted function would be more susceptible to. Not really tied to type, but function. Not related to dom vs aux vs tert, but general function.