• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is the Devil ALWAYS an ENTP?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP - can be the devil's advocate, but never the devil. They'd never put themselves in the direct line of fire; let the devil take the fall.

ENTP personality types, however, are most often seen as the tricksters.

Indeed:

053329867e608ce025422dfd8d63d1dc.jpg

122520-25201-001.jpg

Extraverted Intuition often appears "random' to people. I've been called that often. I'd expect for an ENTP, that randomness would be front and center. I probably use me Ne a lot more here than I do in meatspace.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
ENTP - can be the devil's advocate, but never the devil. They'd never put themselves in the direct line of fire; let the devil take the fall.

ENTP personality types, however, are most often seen as the tricksters.

Most portrayals of the devil as a character are either shallow or humorous, so the ENTP malevolent trickster designation would work. I agree, however, that it doesn't work with the classical devil, who is entirely focused on avenging his broken pride against God by perverting and immiserating His favorite creation. In this framework, the ENTP Magnificent Bastard persona would be an illusion along the lines of a bully's self-esteem, an artificial sense of satisfaction based on making others lower than himself.

I would characterize the classical devil as a maladjusted INFJ, but I've frankly forgotten even most of the basics of MBTI theory, so I may be operating on faulty associations; basically, introverted intuition for utter self-absorption, F for being dominated by feelings of pride and anger, and J for ultimately being results-oriented.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most portrayals of the devil as a character are either shallow or humorous, so the ENTP malevolent trickster designation would work. I agree, however, that it doesn't work with the classical devil, who is entirely focused on avenging his broken pride against God by perverting and immiserating His favorite creation. In this framework, the ENTP Magnificent Bastard persona would be an illusion along the lines of a bully's self-esteem, an artificial sense of satisfaction based on making others lower than himself.

I would characterize the classical devil as a maladjusted INFJ, but I've frankly forgotten even most of the basics of MBTI theory, so I may be operating on faulty associations; basically, introverted intuition for utter self-absorption, F for being dominated by feelings of pride and anger, and J for ultimately being results-oriented.

Well, there's Dante, where he's with all the treacherous folks. This part of Hell is actually very cold...the devil is stuck in a lake of ice, and can''t even move. He has three heads and a monstrous appearance, but is ultimately impotent. It doesn't look like he actually rules anything. He just gnaws on other souls, but really, that's all he can do.