MBTI
    INTJ

Default Introverted 100?

I did the test again.

Introverted 100
    Intuitive 62
    Thinking 65
    Judging 22

Now, I would not consider myself 100% introverted. Definitely not. I am quite solitary sometimes, but I actually have an almost pathological need for interaction among my few close friends. I think the main reason I scored this is because I am shy and have anxiety, difficulty expressing my emotions. Wouldn't a 100% introvert not have any interest in others and be totally consumed by their own mind, like a hermit? Do you think their should be another question on the test to decide this, like "Do you like to be around other people?" just to create a more definite border?

MBTI
    PINT

Well, it's just a test... Let's say, there is a test with 40 questions, and 10 of them are related to the I/E dichotomy. If you happen to select the introverted answers for all of them, then you get 100% here. It has not so much to do with how introverted you really are. The most MBTI-related tests I've seen so far offer two answers for each question, but you have no way expressing how strong you prefer an answer. So I think these percentages pretend to be more precise than they really are.
    Daylight bores the sunshine out of me...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Nevertheless, still pretty cool bragging rights.

I bow to the glory of the purity of your introversion.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I did the test again.

Introverted 100
    Intuitive 62
    Thinking 65
    Judging 22

Now, I would not consider myself 100% introverted. Definitely not. I am quite solitary sometimes, but I actually have an almost pathological need for interaction among my few close friends. I think the main reason I scored this is because I am shy and have anxiety, difficulty expressing my emotions. Wouldn't a 100% introvert not have any interest in others and be totally consumed by their own mind, like a hermit? Do you think their should be another question on the test to decide this, like "Do you like to be around other people?" just to create a more definite border?
    The fact that you are here asking about it and looking for some kind of affirmation, suggests you have some extraverted qualities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Some tests are too sensitive/insensitive, and you get really extreme results like 100%. Anyone 100% or 0% on any trait would absolutely be a crazy person. I believe pretty much all people have at least a small need for socializing and interacting with others. Introverts will target familiar people cause it's not likely for them to get much out of new people.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

No one is 100% introverted in the true sense of the word.

When you test 100% introversion, it just means that ideally, you prefer the introverted route in every situation you encounter. Doesn't mean you have to take the introverted route. Or that you will take the introverted route.

We all need some attention.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah, I'm 100% Judging- doesn't mean I'm always a complete ass.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by incomple... View Post
    Well, it's just a test... Let's say, there is a test with 40 questions, and 10 of them are related to the I/E dichotomy. If you happen to select the introverted answers for all of them, then you get 100% here. It has not so much to do with how introverted you really are.
    That.

All you have to do is be more introverted than extroverted on each I/E question.

Your actual personal mix could be 51% introverted (a majority) and it's still very possible to answer 100% of the questions with the introverted answer.

(Usually when I take the test, I get a 100% for I and a 100% for N.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft