• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type & Eye Movement

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I ran across this by accident:
One of the first things I’ve discovered from my own research is that peering eye movement corresponds positionally to the location of the cognitive functions. That is, when someone consciously retrieves a memory, they may for different lengths of time change their eye position in an attempt to “peer” into their mind. That is for Thinking they would peer upper left, for iNtuition they would look upper right, Sensing lower left and Feeling lower right. Here is what that would look like if you were watching someone else’s eyes.

eyez.gif

Sounds dubious? To prove this to yourself try the following, comfortably look up and diagonally to your right and try to describe a place that is very familiar to you like your work office or your bedroom, somewhere where you are not at the present time (sensing details i.e. just physical facts). You will probably not be able to describe more than one or two features comfortably. Now move your eyes lower left and do the same thing. You should find the thoughts flow easily. Now do the opposite, look lower left and describe your ‘future’ plans for your career or a relationship. You should find it nearly impossible. Now look upper right and try again.
Source: Earth, Intelligence, maturation and disorders

---

Before I posted this I glanced at my own videos and others through the video challenge thread and noticed what the guy was saying.

It got me thinking:

Almost everybody moves their eyes in all those directions, but where is it most dominate?

That should give a glance to their possible type.

And obviously, I think it counts more in a "raw" (unplanned) out form, it wouldn't count (then again, probably will) for pre-planned speeches, subjects, lectures etc.

Look at some videos for yourself, and let me know what you think!

:rolleyes:

;)

sculpting

remember when I posted in your blog and said you had Ne eyes? Ne eye movements are often to the upper right or left. In NLP, these are linked to visual memory retrieval or imagination. This is the easiest way to see an Ne-dom. The more Ne we use, the more we do this.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That's cool, I'm gonna try to find some pictures—you can help if you'd like—that will describe this more visually.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed that Ns tend to look above & beyond you, and Ss seem to be engaged in what is right in front of them. I guess it's more about expression than actual eye movement though.

I've yet to meet an INTJ who will make eye contact. I can make very intense eye contact, and I've noticed that INTPs often do. This is mere observation of a few people though.

G

Ginkgo

If you gouge someone's eyeballs out, does that mean they no longer have an MBTI type?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This probably has something to do with L/R brain. I remember in an introductory psychology class, we were asked to do this mini experiment. In the experiment, we had to do an analytical drawing that took a lot of thorough evaluation of numerical data and the interplay of different parts of the drawing. We were asked to write down any physical sensations we felt after doing this drawing. In the next class, we were asked to make up a drawing of some fantasy world and concentrate hard to try to make it as convincingly realistic as possible. Then, again, we were asked to describe any physical sensations we had after doing the drawing.

The most common physical sensation described from the day of the analytical drawing was pain in the right ankle/leg or right wrist (even the lefties), myself included. The most common physical sensation described from the day of the imaginative drawing was pain in the left ankle/leg or left wrist, myself included.

Our psychology professor said that this was normal, as most people utilize their left brain to make the analytical drawing and their right brain to make the imaginative drawing. Since the left brain is cross-linked to the right side of the body, while the right brain is cross-linked to the left side of the body, the hard concentration via the L/R is correlated to intense sensation in the R/L side of the body, respectively.

So it kind of makes sense that the more "right-brained" imaginative functions like intuition and feeling cause us to look right while the more "left-brained" analytical functions like sensing and thinking cause us to look left. This doesn't align with the fact that L/R brain is correlated to R/L body, but it's probably related.

Not sure how true the whole eyeball thing is, but there's a theory to describe it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you gouge someone's eyeballs out, does that mean they no longer have an MBTI type?
You should think of it like this. Some guy chops a piece of wood every 5 minutes. There is a guy called Fred who always stands beside him and yells "HEY EVERYONE! HE'S CHOPPING WOOD AGAIN!" every time he chops a piece of wood. One day Fred dies. The man will still chop wood but Fred's not there to yell anymore.

sculpting

Go watch the type me by video thread. there are awesome examples of eyemovements there-check out silly sapinne for Ne upwards and Fi lack of eye contact-although at the start she did have a few seconds of very direct Te eye contact.

Also Uumlau-Te direct alternated with Ni internal gazes. didnt notice much Fi in the video.

There was an INFJ as well-INFJs have soft eyes, as off as that sounds, but very direct. I dunno.

Anyways I am totally just throwing this out there in Ne fashion, so take it as some initial observations that could be right or wrong.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This seems so bogus but at the same time sems to hold true. I do favor the bottom left though.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
scary ayn rand eye movement

How would you apply it to these eyes. They are quite shifty.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ukJiBZ8_4k&feature=PlayList&p=656A53F76E19A659&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=16"]"shifty eyes"[/YOUTUBE]
:eek::horor::rules:

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
My dominantfunctions are Ni and Te and my eyes point down when I think. Plus, what would make your eyes face left or right? What determines that?