User Tag List

123 Last

Responsible Women

Those who do personality tests are authoritarian because they are looking for themselves from the outside.

They are authoritarian because they are cut off from themselves inside.

And to create an authoritarian takes a whole society as well as their immediate family.

So the prevalence of personality tests and astrological charts points to an authoritarian society.

But what is most interesting is that women's magazines provide a never ending smorgasbord of personality tests and astrology.

And we never think of women as authoritarians, rather we tend to think of authoritarians as jack-booted men.

But it seems the gentler sex, with their personality tests, astrology, diets and perfume, are our bedrock authoritarians.

After all, it is women who take responsibility.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Those who do personality tests are authoritarian because they are looking for themselves from the outside.

And to create an authoritarian takes a whole society as well as their immediate family.

So the prevalence of personality tests and astrological charts points to an authoritarian society.

But what is most interesting is that women's magazines provide a never ending smorgasbord of personality tests and astrology.

And we never think of women as authoritarians, rather we tend to think of authoritarians as jack-booted men.

But it seems the gentler sex, with their personality tests, astrology, diets and perfume, are our bedrock authoritarians.

*has to stop Victor before he spreads the word*
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Scooby dooby doo.

The Authoritarians and the Hippies

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    *has to stop Victor before he spreads the word*
    Of course my mother was an authoritarian and second in command of the Women's Royal Australian Navy (WRAN) so I find it very easy to fall in love with authoritarian women.

My mother even told me, "Victor, before you can give orders, you must learn to take them".

And so it is no wonder I rebelled against authoritarianism and became a hippy, just as Maggie Tulliver in, "The Mill on the Floss", ran away from her authoritarian father to join the gypsies.

But still my mother rules my heart and my eyes mist over and my heart beats faster at the first sniff of a responsible woman.

But sadly I have found that no one in life loves you like your mother, not even hippy women.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Is this a late April Fools' joke?

I'd link that pic from the movie Scanners, where that guy's head explodes.. but it's kind of gross.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Of course my mother was an authoritarian and second in command of the Women's Royal Australian Navy (WRAN) so I find it very easy to fall in love with authoritarian women.

My mother even told me, "Victor, before you can give orders, you must learn to take them".

And so it is no wonder I rebelled against authoritarianism and became a hippy, just as Maggie Tulliver in, "The Mill on the Floss", ran away from her authoritarian father to join the gypsies.

But still my mother rules my heart and my eyes mist over and my heart beats faster at the first sniff of a responsible woman.

But sadly I have found that no one in life loves you like your mother, not even hippy women.
    Your mother sounds amazing, indeed. Is she still alive?

Perhaps you became a hippy because you are an INF, and perhaps you like strong women because you are an INF.

Mothers offer unconditional love. In our cultures we don't know how to love each other unconditionally any more. It isn't just you that feels this.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Your mother sounds amazing, indeed. Is she still alive?

Perhaps you became a hippy because you are an INF, and perhaps you like strong women because you are an INF.

Mothers offer unconditional love. In our cultures we don't know how to love each other unconditionally any more. It isn't just you that feels this.
    It's true, Aphrodite, that parents adore their children, and so love them unconditionally.

And children need unconditional love to pass successfully through the narcissistic phase.

But what is so interesting is that so many of us here have unmet narcissistic needs. So we can conclude that so many of us were not loved unconditionally.

This is very hard for us to face, and for most of us it can't be faced without the help of a therapist.

However in prosperous democratic countries child rearing practices are improving. And so the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common. So in the future less of us will have unmet narcissistic needs.

So here we are, Aphrodite, and our reading public, trying to met our unmet narcissistic needs.

You are bold enough to describe yourself as awry. And I follow suit and describe myself as the walking wounded.

But the truth is we are not able to help each other very much except perhaps to offer comfort.

However in becoming aware of the problem, we are very slowly on the way to a solution.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's true, Aphrodite, that parents adore their children, and so love them unconditionally.

And children need unconditional love to pass successfully through the narcissistic phase.

But what is so interesting is that so many of us here have unmet narcissistic needs. So we can conclude that so many of us were not loved unconditionally.

This is very hard for us to face, and for most of us it can't be faced without the help of a therapist.

However in prosperous democratic countries child rearing practices are improving. And so the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common. So in the future less of us will have unmet narcissistic needs.

So here we are, Aphrodite, and our reading public, trying to met our unmet narcissistic needs.

You are bold enough to describe yourself as awry. And I follow suit and describe myself as the walking wounded.

But the truth is we are not able to help each other very much except perhaps to offer comfort.

However in becoming aware of the problem, we are very slowly on the way to a solution.
    nice post.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

sammy

Dang. Nice way of looking at women.