failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

However in prosperous democratic countries child rearing practices are improving. And so the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common. So in the future less of us will have unmet narcissistic needs.
    I think, Victor, that we could actually learn much from third and fourth world countries regarding healthy child-rearing practices, inasmuch as they haven't been tainted by Westernization. If anything, the children we produce in our developed model, our 'developed' world, are fraught with invisible wounds, inflicted by selfish intentions stemming from unmet narcissistic needs, from the day they are born; from the moment they are born.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

My mom's from a third world country. I have scars on my back to this day due to her ideals of authority. I really doubt anyone here has the balls to tolerate that shit.

ThatGirl

Victor....

You remind me of Alfred Hitchcock.

Ugh I regret even talking about it now.. Can't believe I did that. She's got her plus sides though (and her culture as well)... but it was certainly different in some negative ways too.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ugh I regret even talking about it now.. Can't believe I did that. She's got her plus sides though (and her culture as well)... but it was certainly different in some negative ways too.
    i'll delete.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

The Nightmare of Childhood

My mom's from a third world country. I have scars on my back to this day due to her ideals of authority. I really doubt anyone here has the balls to tolerate that shit.
    This is indicative of an abusive form of child rearing.

But this form of child rearing doesn't come from nowhere.

For the helping form of child rearing is an improvement on the authoritarian form of child rearing.

And the authoritarian form of child rearing is an improvement on the abusive form of childrearing.

And the abusive form of child rearing is an improvement on the sacrificial form of child rearing.

And the sacrificial form of child rearing is perfectly illustrated when God the Father ordered Abraham to gut and sacrifice his son.

And all the Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based on the story of Abraham.

However as we have become more prosperous and educated we have improved our forms of child rearing from the sacrificial, to the abusive, to the authoritarian to the helping mode of child rearing.

And now in prosperous and educated countries the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common.

As I write, we are taking Christianity to task for systematic child, sexual abuse and its cover up.

And this is our hope for the future. For in becoming conscious of the humiliation and pain we inflict upon children, we are preparing the ground for a better form of child rearing called the helping mode of child rearing where we help our child achieve their goals

This is very difficult for us to do - to make the unconscious humiliation and suffering of childhood, conscious.

But very slowly, in prosperous and educated countries, we are waking up from the nightmare of childhood.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Women are responsible for ppl. They have personality tests to help them better relate to others. They have perfumes and makeup to improve the way they are perceived by others. They are not however more responsible than men. The fact that they aren't taught the value of a dollar frequently results in them ruining their credit as well as that of others around them. They like men are responsible with what they are taught to value.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    *has to stop Victor before he spreads the word*
    Never mind -- he's a Gemini and of two minds, his horoscope says he'll never finish anything he starts.

("It's True Because I Read it in Glamour magazine!")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

You have a point though. It's easy to idolize things we don't know, especially things that seem mystical or back to basics in some way.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Women are responsible for ppl. They have personality tests to help them better relate to others. They have perfumes and makeup to improve the way they are perceived by others. They are not however more responsible than men. The fact that they aren't taught the value of a dollar frequently results in them ruining their credit as well as that of others around them. They like men are responsible with what they are taught to value.
    I enjoyed your comment until the bolded part .. Women can be just as good with money as men. We value it in the sense we pay the bills, get the food, buy the clothes etc.

Then if there is some left over .. *We buy shoes and shoes and shoes, lol

(*OK, not all women)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe