• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would most guys be Ps?

yupyupyup

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Because isn't it kind of trend for guys to not be on time and not plan as much etc. ?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This settles it, I'm a man and my husband is a woman.

KDude

Not really...

I'm one of the only P guys I know, I think.

I have a good friend who just planted a garden.. listed everything out, drew diagrams, how he was going to line out particular veggies.. It was cool, but in a way, pretty damn ridiculous too. :D Probably ESTJ

There are variations of this behavior from other friends too.

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
I've seen those stats too, and J-P are split pretty evenly.

I'm kind of wondering if this is related to some stereotype that high school guys are more P than J?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This settles it, I'm a man and my husband is a woman.

Someone said I looked like I was being mean to my husband here.

I was actually making fun of the OP.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:thelook:

Eh, screw it.

Yes, men are usually Ps, the more manly the man the greater the Pness.

gromit

likes this
Yeah, I imagine it is more about stereotypes than reality. It could be that it is more socially acceptable for men to not be on time/be messy, etc., but they just could be Js and lazy... just like how there are Ps who are punctual and tidy. My best J friend is usually a mess in terms of her physical possessions. But she is structured/plan-y with her goals.

I thought P/J was about more than just interaction with the physical world (slobbiness/timeliness).

Someone said I looked like I was being mean to my husband here.

I was actually making fun of the OP.
I got that...

Last edited:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because isn't it kind of trend for guys to not be on time and not plan as much etc. ?

You should reconsider your type or work on actually using your Ti. :smile:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's because you are an awesome ENFP.

The ones who didn't get that, need to work on their emancipation.

(To clarify: I'm making fun of "awesome ENFP's". Removing their awesome, and configuring them to the norm, I even included a live example! All in one single sentence. Also making fun of unemancipated jerks that don't have a clue, obviously, but there's no particular awesome in doing that, 'tis a bonus.. Darn, I'm awesome.)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... :huh: I'm the one who tends to be late and disorganized in most of my relationships! Of course, I tend to date J males as well :)

I actually know more J males than P males, if I think about it... they are J males with adequate P-nesses :devil:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

The best (ok, maybe best is the wrong word here) way to differentiate P and J is whether the person makes decisions quickly or waits for more information before making the decision. Ps are not on time because they are still busy gaining information. And they don't plan or follow plans well because they believe that plans should be as flexible as possible.

Guys who are late usually it's just because they are lazy and don't care :tongue:

Last edited:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

MBTI has taught me to recognize the stereotypes and phrases people use to describe genders.

In general, the avg idiot peon of society thinks that every man is SP, and that every woman is SJ. Having lived with an ESTP room mate now...I can confirm that most of male society says, "if you arent ESTP, you arent a REAL man!". :rolleyes:

In reality, an awful lot of those ESTP wannabe males are ESXJs...