First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    What type is Christian Bale? Or at least the character he is portraying in Xanders avy? What movie is that anyway?
    I'm not sure but possibly ENFP. It's too murky in that film.

The film is Equilibrium by the way.
    I know ENTP's are said to be matched well with INFJ's but I just can't see myself married to one.
    ENTPs seem to be a good match for ISFJ. They play well together from what I've seen of the ENTP-ISFJ friendship we have in our little group. One brings out the silliness in the other whilst both agree on social musts.

INFJ-ENTP I'd have thought would bring problems. Hell NT-NF in general I'd think would be fraught with problems. Something about the SF and the NF getting cross wired a lot.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'm not sure but possibly ENFP. It's too murky in that film.
    The film is Equilibrium by the way.
    I will be getting that, thanks!

INFJ-ENTP I'd have thought would bring problems. Hell NT-NF in general I'd think would be fraught with problems.
    Really? I'm happy being with an INTJ. We're very like minded and compatible.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I will be getting that, thanks!
    Oh definitely worth a watch. You'll get to see why I think it's appropriate apart from being a cool pic.
    Really? I'm happy being with an INTJ. We're very like minded and compatible.
    Well my perspective of this is hazy at best. It's all those feelings and icky stuff

The difference between pleasant contrast and logger heads is a fine one and I'd guess an individual decision.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Oh definitely worth a watch. You'll get to see why I think it's appropriate apart from being a cool pic.
    Seems MBTI appropriate to me from the IMBd synopsis.
    Well my perspective of this is hazy at best. It's all those feelings and icky stuff
    Depends on how much f we're talking about I guess. I'm certainty not crying over the fact that there are too many cats in the world, if you catch my drift.
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 12-11-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling :doh:!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Seems MBTI appropriate to me from the IMBd synopsis.
    It's more fun watching it though
    Depends on how much f we're talking about I guess. I'm certainty not crying over the fact that there are too many cats in the world, if you catch my drift.
    Poor widdw puddy tats

Nah I meant only that when trying to apply MBTI to something as personal as picking one's mate it seems to go all haywire. Hell my SO is an ESTP and they drive me bonkers. Yet it is some of those very things which drive me insane that are also the attractors. You just can't tell and that is why T is superior to F cause it makes sense

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I personally don't think that talking to people makes you switch to "E". I don't see how that works at all, really... when I talk to people I'm still very much inward focused and its almost like translating. I can still talk and communicate very well and I see that a lot of people enjoy talking to me.
    You're correct, if I was just talking to someone there's a good chance I would behave in typical INTJ mode. However I was thinking more of presenting to or lecturing 10-12 people and keeping them interested and entertained for a period of days.

Having said that I think when I meet new people my behaviour is a lot softer than when I know them. Maybe a softer INTJ is an ENTP?

MBTI
    INTP

Ooo the model works for you too???

I concur that it's tiring. One thing though, do you find that you have a need to engage the ole ENTJ mind though? I find that I almost have to switch between (though that could be more environmental now I think about it )
    Yes, I am aware that I almost need to "switch on" when I get to work.

This is an interesting topic. Thanks for starting it.

MBTI
    ESTJ

That much is true. No matter what I am still an INTP. Even when acting in an ENTJ manner I still am an INTP and can be seen to be an INTP but were you to be challenged to decide which was an INTP manifesting ENTJ and which was an ENTJ manifesting INTP you may be hard pressed to find the answer. It's more about moving yourself to the border than crossing over completely (the border between E and I for example).
    Well it seems to me that if those activities made you tired instead of energizing you, that is a good indicator that it's not your natural type.

ENTJ and ENFJ share a lot in common.

I think that it depends mostly on peoples preconceptions about the type and a general ignorance to positive and negative influences. A negative ENFJ can seem to be an ENTJ and vice versa. It's a common mistake in typing.
    They can seem similar in social circumstances, but I think their thinking processes are very different.

Now that's odd. My father is an ENTJ and he seems to dislike ENTPs universally (he's not prone to being so prejudiced normally) and he found me quite tiring when I was younger though one of his main advisors is an INTP. Not that he ever thinks to ask me the great gallute!
    Maybe we are forgetting the gender differences in attraction here. The only thing I've heard my sister complain about is that ENTP/ENFPs can be notoriously flakey. They're probably not the best people to be 2nd in command, whereas perhaps ENTJ females find them somewhat endearing.

The facets of a person are always shades of grey but types are always absolutes. If not then how can you move forward?

If what you see cannot be called an orange but has to be described as being most like the common conception of fruit and is kind of a warm yellow in colour with dimpled skin ....etc then firstly it'd take you ages and secondly nothing would ever be achieved because your bound to find the one person who goes "huh?".
    lol...:grin: OK.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by red13 View Post
    You're correct, if I was just talking to someone there's a good chance I would behave in typical INTJ mode. However I was thinking more of presenting to or lecturing 10-12 people and keeping them interested and entertained for a period of days.
    You only do ENTP when you deliberately choose to?
    Sounds like an INTJ to me
    (kidding)
    Having said that I think when I meet new people my behaviour is a lot softer than when I know them. Maybe a softer INTJ is an ENTP?
    Not sure about that. I don't think that INTJs are sharp naturally. It seems more of a defence. The INTP retracts and his outer surface is cold and unwelcoming where as the INTJ shrouds himself in inch thick armour behind a dozen spikes. Behind the defences both are softer than it first appears. I think that a softer INTJ is just one who has relaxed their defences a bit more. Perhaps that is increased comfort with the ENTP side... perhaps not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    Yes, I am aware that I almost need to "switch on" when I get to work.
    This approach works best for me. A little music to start the day off...course I'd have to get up earlier to do that and that's soo not me.

At present I'm walking to work and I can feel myself getting into the work mindset gradually. I run situations and scenarios through my head making sure that I'm in the right frame of mind.

It'd be so nice not to have to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    This is an interesting topic. Thanks for starting it.
    No problem. One thing though, do you find that you have an ENTJ side? I know that in INTPs there's the INTP side normally and the ESFJ side when overstressed but I think that in between lurks the ENTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Well it seems to me that if those activities made you tired instead of energizing you, that is a good indicator that it's not your natural type.
    I'm energised by lots of things....people give me energy and then I tire out...I get energy on my own..then I get bored.

As you said I think it's more a spectrum than two absolutes and personally I don't think that the wavelength is fixed either.
    They can seem similar in social circumstances, but I think their thinking processes are very different.
    Technically yes but in pattern often not.

Ignore the whole logic versus instinct (or whatever you wish to call F logic) and the two types work in very similar lines..not that they often see or admit to this
    Maybe we are forgetting the gender differences in attraction here. The only thing I've heard my sister complain about is that ENTP/ENFPs can be notoriously flakey. They're probably not the best people to be 2nd in command, whereas perhaps ENTJ females find them somewhat endearing.
    I guess so. I often miss such "detail" unfortunately.

MBTI
    INTJ

Having said that I think when I meet new people my behaviour is a lot softer than when I know them.
    I do this as well. It's a question of clean slates and giving everyone a chance, for me. And of course, politeness.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.