• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sensor's Void

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
first off, I remember you starting this rediculously hateful and prejudiced thread before your name change, so I will NEVER be able to look at anything you say against sensors in a negative light in anything BUT a biased and rediculous manner :nono:
OH, I would not have replied if I'd realized who the author was. Lost cause unfortunately.

I take back my previous post.

Too bad we ban spammers but not trolls. The latter are far more obnoxious.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol... just clarifying since I was quoted :cheese:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
first off, I remember you starting this rediculously hateful and prejudiced thread before your name change, so I will NEVER be able to look at anything you say against sensors in a negative light in anything BUT a biased and rediculous manner :nono:

Something somebody said or did two years ago is always an accurate reflection of who they are. Now let me go find you what you said and did two years ago and use it to define who you are today. I was relatively new to the MBTI theory and not doing very well at that time in my life. I am not the same person I was back then. Besides, attacking the person and not the argument is considered bad logic.

secondly, look at what types are most likely to write the tests, descriptions and the "research" on them... another bias stacked against sensors :sadbanana:

Why aren't sensors writing the tests?

thirdly- you'd be kicked out for lack of research ability if this were a college course- while wikipedia is fun and you can learn things from it- it is NOT a valid research tool :rolli:

I do have a book reference with the same data. The Wikipedia link was provided by someone else and happened to be convenient. Not everything on Wikipedia is automatically wrong, and some of it is coming from actual studies printed in journals

fourthly- you're failing to be open-minded about the definitions and are just going on what you read- NOT falling into being open there are you :nono: Have some balls and adapt the theories to what you see and experience- you can't take someone's half assed personality theory as the gospel truth- that's just based on THEIR observations and a bunch of self reported test scores- speaking from a social science research perspective there- you're on some seriously shaky quicksand and doomed to drown pretty quickly :newwink:

Maybe mixing Big Five research with MBTI stuff is a bad idea, but if any theory is half-assed, it's the MBTI. Why are there so many people running around here wondering what type they are? That's because the MBTI isn't very clear about what constitutes each letter, and that's why I look to the Big Five for some clarity. The Big Five has a lot of research behind it and is generally used as a framework in scientific research involving personality.

and let's not forget that there's more definitions of creativity than fantasy, more definitions of intellect than a stanford binet test, more definitions of adventurous than thinking of some groundbreaking idea and more definitions of emotionality than crying at movies or feeling "touched" by a work of art- the tests and definitions themselves need some work because they were written by someone who already HAD a bias in place... if you want to win followers to your idea you need to research it better and come up with something new :thelook:

Multiple Intelligences

See? I'm aware of multiple intelligences. If someone was really low on all six sub-traits, they would suffer in a lot of the 8 areas of intelligence, but there would still be some left, such as bodily/kinesthetic and interpersonal, that would be based on other traits or even independent of personality.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like how FFF just ignored Proteanmix's post. That pretty much summed up my thoughts on this. There may be a correlation between what S's and N's score within the Openness dichotomy, but that is just biased to say that sensors will score lower on it naturally. I've met a lot of open minded sensors, in fact a lot of them have been more open minded than some of the intuitives I know. It depends on factors outside of MBTI type.

The Big 5 is good because it's more flexible, but they way you're using it is like a dichotomy all the same. Which, IMO, totally defeats the purpose.

Also, why should we think you have any idea of what you're talking about? You have your type listed as IN?P. You are really obviously an INTP.

Also, I score moderate-high in openness on the big 5 and my IQ is 145. Soo...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I would not like someone to judge me based upon some stupid shit I wrote in 2007, so I can sympathise with FFF.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I like how FFF just ignored Proteanmix's post. That pretty much summed up my thoughts on this. There may be a correlation between what S's and N's score within the Openness dichotomy, but that is just biased to say that sensors will score lower on it naturally. I've met a lot of open minded sensors, in fact a lot of them have been more open minded than some of the intuitives I know. It depends on factors outside of MBTI type.

The Big 5 is good because it's more flexible, but they way you're using it is like a dichotomy all the same. Which, IMO, totally defeats the purpose.

Also, why should we think you have any idea of what you're talking about? You have your type listed as IN?P. You are really obviously an INTP.

Also, I score moderate-high in openness on the big 5 and my IQ is 145. Soo...

I'm getting tired. I can't keep up with everything right now. The last response to Whatever and this one are sort of a bonus before I go to sleep.

Jaguar

Sleep as long as Rip Van Winkle. Then we won't have to read inane drivel.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, you are full of cat shit.

(Referring to the OP).

KDude

Seems like a lot of sensors are artists or musicians, and in turn, many are part of counter-cultures through and/or in relation to that. And that would be one indicator of their openmindedness.

It could even apply to many of the sensors who are athletic or thrill/pleasure seeker types. Many are open to adventure, new activities, foods, sex positions!.. testing their limits in all kinds of ways.. etc.. It's a form of openmindedness :laugh: