MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Exactly.
    You pressed the Vote Now button again, didn't you? Good member!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Can you?

The first time you did your MBTI, you thought you were right.

So how do you know this time, when you REALLY think you're right, that you're not similarly mistaken?
    first time i tested(and many times after) i had intj result, its pretty close to intp so thats no wonder than mbti newbie might think that its true. not to mention that i didnt read about mbti other than intj profile for about half a year after i first took the test. i didnt determine my (intp)type by tests, but learning more about mbti and myself. i dont think i had intp from any test before i knew im an intp.
    i have learned now enough how i function and how different functions work, so i can be sure that im an intp instead of intj or something else

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you can be sure about your type if you learn about yourself and mbti enough.
    I can change your name if you want.

Let me know ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

In the very beginning was our Core Self-the self we were intended to be, the self that is in our Genes, our DNA.
    A blob of chemicals floating around in your mother's womb does not have a personality. Your personality is your ego, and most people do not develop one until about the age of two. If we identify ourselves with a clump of DNA that preexists those memories, we're engaging in the same kind of fancy that leads a child to wonder what it's like to be an ant.

It's true that an embryo's DNA can, with a greater or lesser degree of certainty, outline a future for it; someone with the genes for autism, for instance, will most likely behave in a manner consistent with their condition. But until the person is actually born, their personality is just a hypothesis; for all anyone knows, extraordinary circumstances could make the child a normal human being.

The only "core self" possessed by DNA is a prediction awaiting its confirmation. This prediction belongs to an external observer whose ego serves as the DNA-concept's home. This DNA-concept is a piece of mental real estate acquired through textbooks and research, and if the observer seeks himself at the bottom of it all, whether through memory or science, he seems to be peering into an endless abyss.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

garbage

lol @ you for questioning the basics of mbti
    I mean, someone built a pretty nice house on a pillar of sand. It looks elegant enough, but it's unstable.

Your bolded statement says it all--there's no DNA basis yet.

garbage

I'd like to get ahold of this Dr. Harold Grant's research, but I can't seem to find it. All I've found is a book tying the Bible to the functions and a bunch of self-referential blogs. Any pointers?

I mean, it'd be nice to see how rigorous the research actually is.. and if there is any good research support for the OP's claim, it would probably answer a lot of questions that end up coming up on the forums.

My name is Adam Brown. The Netherlands. 26 years old. Currently finishing my master degree in Pscyhology. Fascinated by human potential.

Change is pretty easy, even changing deeply rooted patterns is doable and it can be done in a reasonable amount of time. Jung theory's presumes a basis that cognitive process preference is innate. Don't crystallize it, he might have changed his opinion with the in genius tools that are available today.

Listen carefully, for what follows is a sacred truth: Change occurs rapidly when past forms are discarded. Instead of trying to patch up and repair the rotting church of your assigned identity, simply… leave. Leave the safe confines; ignore the warnings of the preacher that is your superego; go and explore. Your soul is beautiful and diverse. Have you taken the time to appreciate its full beauty?

If we would look at change 'tools', we find a whole range of tools that allow one to change and to grow. (I am taking core change) Below some interesting onces I used( some of these tools are to be used in combination)

- Deep Trance Identification ( Hypnosis )

- Time line therapy

- General manipulation of ‘Consciousness’

- Neo-Reichian psychotherapy ( etc.. )

- Controlled psychedelic and dissociative drug use

Experiments on myself:

- General manipulation of ‘Consciousness’ . I developed my intuition (Auxiliary) and 'anchored' myself into that, this instead of my previous sensing side. I am still Dominant extroverted thinking. Tests have shown that my Intuitive side is currently better developed then my sensing side.

Experiments on a friend:

- Tested as ISFP ( tested 2x and one time through an MBTI® Master Practitioner )

- Used the first 4 tools above. Changed from ISFP to ENTJ in 2 years. My friend is running his own company at the moment with 60 +/- employees.

- Currently tested ENTJ ( tested 2x and one time through an MBTI® Master Practitioner)

lol @ you for questioning the basics of mbti

lol @ you for not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by adambrown View Post
    My name is Adam Brown. The Netherlands. 26 years old. Currently finishing my master degree in Pscyhology. Fascinated by human potential.

Change is pretty easy, even changing deeply rooted patterns is doable and it can be done in a reasonable amount of time. Jung theory's presumes a basis that cognitive process preference is innate. Don't crystallize it, he might have changed his opinion with the in genius tools that are available today.
    No he didn't.

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    lol @ you for not.
    Great attitude Jaguar! MBTI actually, is not so well researched as is likely claimed. In psychology, it is recognized as a very limited, but semiuseful tool. The reason is that MBTIs have shown to be fluctuating and therefore only be a temporary snapshot of what might be called personality.

Since personality itself is defined as "characteristics which are stable over time" the MBTI has been shown to not qualify as a real personality test. Often we overlook certain smaller parts that just do not fit all because of a bias function. You can give such a text to a whole class and all of them will be surprised, how everyone thinks that is describes him.

For all those, that want a rather timestable test :

http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

Big Five of Personality.