I've been MBTIing since 2008...

INFP
    ENFP
    ENTP
    ENTJ
    ENFJ
    INFJ
    ENTP

And now finally I've settled back on ENTP because I gave up and accepted that I probably suck at typing myself. I've been every N-type except INTJ/INTP. Seriously. I think I could convince myself of any type given enough boredom with my current type.

It's now my opinion that THE BEST and easiest way to type yourself is to ask a few people who know you very well to take the online test as if they were you. Triangulate the results with a reading of the profiles, and finally if a close family member that has studied psych hasn't swayed her opinion of your type in 5 years she's probably right. That and more than one girl that I've dated has guessed ENTP whenever we talked about MBTI ...

So in conclusion I think the real problem isn't knowledge about MBTI, but about real self knowledge...

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Aha ive been through more changes than a tie-dye crocodile swimming in a vat of dye.

I think I originally started here on INFJ, then went through ISFJ, ESFJ, ESFP, ISFP, ENTP and so on. Mostly because of lack of confidence in my own understandings.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    xxTP

Personally, I see a lot of INTJ to ENTP. It is a drastic change in functions. Yet often posting styles are similair which is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    For me, the most surprising change is E to I or vice versa: it's usually really easy to tell whether one is introverted or extroverted.
    Why do you think? this is one I can swing either way on (not that I really feel a need to define either way as to me, it doesn't make as much difference as the other 3 letters).

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I've been MBTIing since 2008...

INFP
    ENFP
    ENTP
    ENTJ
    ENFJ
    INFJ
    ENTP

And now finally I've settled back on ENTP because I gave up and accepted that I probably suck at typing myself. I've been every N-type except INTJ/INTP. Seriously. I think I could convince myself of any type given enough boredom with my current type.
    lol...sems very ENTPish to go between various types...I've done it myself.

My definition: if you believe you could actually be ANY type and hate to limit yourself to one...then you are in fact ENTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Personally, I see a lot of INTJ to ENTP. It is a drastic change in functions. Yet often posting styles are similair which is strange.
    I'd blame the tests. The questions they ask don't really get to the nature of introversion vs extroversion, instead reverting to the common modern definition instead of the (original) Jungian definition. (He coined the terms.)

Why do you think? this is one I can swing either way on (not that I really feel a need to define either way as to me, it doesn't make as much difference as the other 3 letters).
    I judge introversion vs extroversion based on whether I see a person following the "look before you leap" or the "he who hesitates is lost" maxims. Introverts always look first. They need to watch and listen and understand, and THEN they'll eventually get around to doing something. Extroverts focus on doing things, and reflection comes later on (often when things didn't work out).

When extroverts are Fe or Se doms, this mostly correlates to the popular definition of extroversion, and when introverts are Ne or Te auxiliary, they too are usually a good example of the popular definition of introversion.

Switch these around, and the definitions don't quite correlate any more. Ne and Te doms are not, strictly speaking, social, and Se and Fe aux, while quiet, are usually quite social. All four extroverted functions focus on chasing after certain things in the external world. Fe focuses on relationships with others. Se focuses on sensation, which often involves being with other people. Te, however, focuses on accomplishing "things", not "people." Te doms can be social, but they often aren't very much so outside of a business or work context: people are part of getting the task done, not an end in themselves. Ne chases after ideas, not people or things or sensations, so Ne doms can appear to be the most introverted of the extroverts. But Te doms and Ne doms are still extroverted in the Jungian sense, even when not in the usual social sense: they're acting first, Te doing things then reflecting upon what has been done, and Ne chasing after ideas, only to later refine and reflect upon them.

IN the INTJ/ENTP case, it's especially easy for the ENTP to mistype as INTJ, especially if one is particularly nerdy and technical and is actually competent at what one does. Also, ENTPs don't have the typical INTP lack of confidence about their ideas. They'll still hem and haw a bit in the logical Ti way that INTPs do, but when push comes to shove, they more readily get excited about the possibilities of a new idea than an INTP does, and thus can seem very much like INTJs in terms of this aura of confidence.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I believe most En 3s tend to be too amorphous to fit into any mbti description decently.

Maybe they should stick to Enneagram and forget mbti.

MBTI
    STP

I have typed as INTP and ISTP. Then I started chatting with a bunch of INTx and I knew I wasnt NT. The funny part is that they are suppose to be all "smart" and they never did come across as smart to me. I then changed my type to eSTP which I probably change back to as I recently switched it back to ISTP, though its nothing but a facade as I know I am ISTP. Its just the side of me I prefer over the standard "ISTP" stereotype people hold.
    Im out, its been fun

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Then I started chatting with a bunch of INTx and I knew I wasnt NT. The funny part is that they are suppose to be all "smart" and they never did come across as smart to me.
    Though MBTI is not directly proportional to IQ, it has been shown on record that, as a general trend, NT types tend to score higher on such intelligence tests, but keep in mind though that this is just a common pattern and not a strict rule.

Personally I think of myself as NT (feel free folks if you so please to voice to me your criticisms should you disagree), though my IQ is a very unimpressive 114 (it was however genius in some fields like for language and geometry but below average in other fields such as processing and memorization).

So Poki I am wondering what led you to conclude that these NTs were not smart and that you were not one of them.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I started off as a self-typed INTJ. Now I've considered ISFJ for myself. Make of that what you will...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've always been pretty sure I'm INFJ through tests and self-study. I have sometimes wondered about ISFJ and very occasionally about ENFJ. Of those two, ISFJ seems the most likely. However, I think my sometimes ISFJ-likeness can be down to my 6 enneagram. I've realised there is too much Ni at work in my life (much of which isn't very visible in my interactions on this forum, I think) to really doubt it's there.

There was an ExTP, probably ESTP, typing as INFJ for a while on this forum. I'm still not sure if she was serious or not. There certainly are many people who have chopped and changed a lot but that might have been the biggest mistyping I can think of.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING