User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

The way I reason this for myself: T/F preference was never clear cut for me, so that wasn't a big change. However, as far as I had developed Fi, there was nowhere to go but to TJ. I have always identified myself as an IN.

Dominant Fi is tied to values/ideals/feelings. It is a judging function. If you find yourself a rational, how can you be an INFP anymore? You can't. It's not just about behavior anymore.

I also have a huge soft spot for INFPs, because I understand.

I should probably go read the Ni/Fi confusion thread now. I used to score Se higher than Si, but I don't know. I wish I could go back to childhood and make some sense of my then self, but I can't. The last time I read Ne/Ni descriptions I identified more with Ni use, although I might be mistaken.

Is there another way to explain all this? Maybe. I'll continue investigating, as far as it interests me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    I wonder, has INFP been a transition type to any other members?
    Good question.. and one that might have some merit.
    Someone else told me during a very transitional period they scored as an INFP ..

In my case. I went from INTJ to INTP to ISTP to ISFP to INFP.. this was all during an existential crisis.

INFP is what I score now but I am not sure it feels right. and I am pretty sure I am not INFP.

It has been suggested to me.. to consider ENFP, ISFP and INFJ. there are a few people who think INFP is also perfect as well.

I think what happens in my case is simple.. Confidence and emotional health will change the preference of my functions at that time.
    Since my confidence and emotional well being fluctuate radically and often, it's very difficult to pin point a type.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    I wonder, has INFP been a transition type to any other members?
    Yes.

I've tested over . . . decades . . . as:

INTJ (college psychology class)
    INFP (when my kids were young)
    ENFP (divorcing)
    ISFP (post-divorce)
    INFJ (a few months back)
    ESFP (now)

At least, that's how I remember the results. It's getting hard to keep it straight.

I've come to see humans' ability to describe personality through testing or studies as a pursuit in its infancy.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    INTJ to ENTP - better understanding of MBTI
    ISFP to INTP - rather young in the first place
    ENFJ to INTJ - optimistic person who went through difficult trials

What kind of type changes have you seen? And what do you think the reasons were?

How much is lack of understanding? How much is that one really hasn't faced a real trial in life? How much is it just that MBTI is a pseudo-science and cannot be used with precision?
    A combination of all of the above and more, but I'd say it's mostly that many people come here typing themselves according to test they've taken and not as a result of studying the cognitive functions. Furthermore, many people here are depressed, experiencing major life transitions causing them di(stress), and are otherwise beside themselves. Some, moreso than others, see themselves through the eyes of other people and may find it difficult to reconcile conflicting viewpoints. Circumstance is quite influential as well. If one is frequently adapting and accomadating to the needs of others, well, it can be difficult to determine what exactly it is that you prefer, cognitively speaking.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTJ

My Fi is strong, but by using Te I can override Fi when it does no good. It's only because of my circumstances in life and me realizing that dominant Fi was leading me and people around me to unnecessary trouble. I couldn't actually get anything accomplished, because I was preoccupied with thoughts that were leading me nowhere. This is only my personal experience and I do have huge appreciation for the positives of having strong Fi.

Ne is fun, also.

It might be that I have just successfully developed Te...

Glycerine

I thought I was INTP-INFJ-ENFJ. I'm sure most INTPs would find that laughable. Well, at least I know I'm Fe-Ti focused.

MBTI
    xxxx

I knew this one guy that went from ISFJ to ISTJ to INTP. He couldn't type something to save his life.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It's possible to make 'drastic' changes as you learn more about yourself.
    I believe that at least one of your perceptions about yourself in such a case is or was incorrect.
    What I hate is the people who are like I USED TO BE AN I AND NOW I AM AN E LOL!!!
    No.. then typology theory is a pile of bullshit. You're one or the other.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

ive gone from INFP to ENTJ over the course of many changes...but they re still first to last a big diff.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I have gone from INTJ at age 8, to ISTP at age 10, to INTP at age 15, to ISTP at age 18, and now I am age 19 back at INTJ, as it is often where we started that we finish, since our initial instincts seem to me more accurate than the systematic and designing setup of tests, hence it is our early impulses that may shape our very destinies in the directions of our dreams, which of course should be in accordance with our natural type discovered at an analysis of ourselves in young ages before we have been transformed by society into something we are not.

Anyway it is the demands the external world imposes upon us that, like with me, can lead us to question and ultimately change our type, though in reality type is static and unchanging, but we can however develop our other sides in an ever evolving process of self mastery.