User Tag List

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Help figuring out your type?

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Thanks for the compliment, I think.
    I said you were more discerning. Why do you have to think about it?

I thought the people at my high-school were pretty discerning. But, in retrospect, especially after attending my 10 year reunion, I think many of them were just kissing up to the teacher in saying the things they did.
    Maybe, but it goes back to what you were saying about identifying with any introverted type. Type descriptions, and horoscopes, are written in a way that can be identified with, at least most of the time.

You know, that was almost the first post I ever made on this forum. It is strange. I was pretty sure my opinions about typology had changed over the course of being on the forum, but it seems I just went full circle.
    Which opinions are those?
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I said you were more discerning. Why do you have to think about it?

Maybe, but it goes back to what you were saying about identifying with any introverted type. Type descriptions, and horoscopes, are written in a way that can be identified with, at least most of the time.

Which opinions are those?
    Certainly, the Forer Effect plays a role in identifying with type responses. But, I believe, for the particular students I was remembering, that kissing up was an aspect of it too.

I was referring to my opinions regarding how much stock to place in typology. There was a time where I thought that despite not being scientifically valid, that it can be useful in many ways. But at this point, I still think the biggest value is in being able to appreciate that people are different, and that there are some "hats" we can wear to access different perspectives...pretty much what I said in this thread.

It wasn't directly in the post you quoted, but looking at it reminded me. Sorry about the confusion.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I suppose it would be interesting for me to post in this thread, if only because it is interesting to me, as I have had no clues or answers on my type.

As far as I can tell I seem to have Fe and Si a great deal, which does point towards xSFJ. But a lot of people keep saying I show lots of Ne. Im not sure.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Does anyone think that intps would like sports? Ive been into sports all my life, weightlifting..and i just have problem deciding if im Se auxiliary or Ne. Could this be an obvious indication of my secondary function?

I first got interested into personality types convinced that I'm a ISFJ, then I "rationally" took the test again today and I got ISFP. I read the descriptions and I realised it taps into an inner part of me that I've hardly notice or appreciate, in fact I don't even know it well. I guess being an ISFJ is what I wish to or have hoped I would be, probably influences of my mother's personality or some horoscope shit I read about myself.

But traits of ISFP that I have are, often being late, I often have spontaneous decisions to meet up with my friend, I really, really dislike criticism, I neither want to lead or be led and I'm cynical as stated by my friend. The only conflicting issues I have might be I am brought up in a strict and orderly environment so I tend to do things orderly and I used to like planning and I still do although they are not fixed and well developed plans that I definitely have to follow.

I don't know, being an artisan just makes me even more "proud" of myself.