User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Is anybody else uncertain about type or have any questions to ask concerning typology in general?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTj

Can I volunteer someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerpin_Taxt View Post
    Hi, im somewhat familiar with MBTI, and im trying to decide between INTP and INFP.

How do INTP's usually approach emotions?, is it possible to be a highly sensitive/emotional NT?

How do INFP's usually approach logic?, is it possible to be a highly detached, logical NF?

Any thoughts?
    Let it sit for a time and then consult your gut.

You ever flip on a coin on a choice that you can't seem to make, only to find that when it lands 'heads' you realize all along you were leaning towards 'tails'?

I think it's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I would like a bit of human contact, too. When an INTJ says that, you know they've been alone a while.
    I know the feeling, pal. Live near me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I thought I made it clear in my first post that I don't care enough to make it into a big overanalytical mess. I just wanted to be entertained.
    Several highly intelligent, likely ISTPs I've come across have either typed as INTPs, have shown behavior or cognition similar to that of INTPs, or both. Exceptional sensors seem to display characteristics associated with other types.

As for the rest of the thread: I wouldn't doubt that SolitaryWalker/SeaWolf is an INTP. Fortunato appears to be an INFP. Sundowning, whose INTPc name escapes me at the moment, is either not an ISTP -- he's far too discreet -- or further confirms the aforementioned. Kuranes would be, I think, proof that INTPs can eventually develop useful empathy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Am I not considered to be an INTP now?
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Several highly intelligent, likely ISTPs I've come across have either typed as INTPs, have shown behavior or cognition similar to that of INTPs, or both. Exceptional sensors seem to display characteristics associated with other types.

As for the rest of the thread: I wouldn't doubt that SolitaryWalker/SeaWolf is an INTP. Fortunato appears to be an INFP. Sundowning, whose INTPc name escapes me at the moment, is either not an ISTP -- he's far too discreet -- or further confirms the aforementioned. Kuranes would be, I think, proof that INTPs can eventually develop useful empathy.
    Perhaps instead of calling Fortunato an INFP, we can run him along the lines with Kuranes and say that he, as a mature INTP, also has developed empathy, and can use his Fe so proficiently as to make it appear to be his primary or auxiliary function? (And only appears like an INFP because his introversion made his feeling faculty seem internally focused)
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, I can definitely see why some people would mistake me for INFP. (I have had to ask all the same questions of myself, for years. It's nothing new.)

The dirtiest and quickest way to see the difference is to drop me in a room of INFPs and see how I interact with them. It becomes clear early on that I do not operate the same way most of them do.

I think I also have some similarity to INFJ -- I test very high in Ni (almost as high as Ne) and I present Fe very well, except that if you know me at all, you'd laugh at the thought of me being a J. It is SOOOOOO not me! Seriously. I can't find closure to save my life.

And... while I hate to throw this one in... but now that you know about my transgender issues... does that help explain any of the anomalies that you might have noticed previously in my type?

(And in regards to that, I know it was just a slip, but could you stick with "Jennifer" when you refer to me, at least while you are here at MBTIc? I think everyone has figured things out by now, and it would help me tremendously. Thank you. )

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Am I not considered to be an INTP now?
    Oh, you're a vulcan, dear. Although I guess that's often lumped in as the same thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Moved Gender-Related Discussion Analysis here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

DUDE, half a week ago I retook that test, and I crossed into the realm of J-ness by ONE. *checks temperature*
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D