User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 355

  1. #271
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    So, SW. . . I'm coming to you because you're an expert.

    What would it mean if I test INTJ and identify more with the INTJ profile, but my Ti and Ni are almost equal in strength (with my Te ranking quite a bit lower)?

    I'm having an identity crisis!

  2. #272
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    What would it mean if I test INTJ and identify more with the INTJ profile, but my Ti and Ni are almost equal in strength (with my Te ranking quite a bit lower)?
    Hmmm . . . that sounds familiar.

  3. #273
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    So, SW. . . I'm coming to you because you're an expert. What would it mean if I test INTJ and identify more with the INTJ profile, but my Ti and Ni are almost equal in strength (with my Te ranking quite a bit lower)?
    I think you are broken and need to be refurbished.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #274
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Hmmm . . . that sounds familiar.
    J!!!

    Almost all of my introverted functions are used more than my extroverted ones. The only thing I can conclude from this is that my head is a pretty fucking scary place to be.

  5. #275
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I doubt the INTJ will be showing you their Ni much unless you get to know them intimately.

    Not saying Ni-Te is open and Ti-Ne is closed. Just that Ni-Te is more open. N=Open-Mindendedness. Ni is more so because of Introversion (Introverted functions are stronger).
    So, sleeping with, sharing a life with and living with an INTJ isn't intimate? What about growing up together?

    N is open. Both INTxs are open people.
    J is inflexible; P is flexible (by definition, no less).

    Ni is different than Ne. Ni is a conditional function based on being open and inflexible. Ne is a conditional function based on being open and flexible. It is irrelevent that Ni is dominant while Ne is secondary when the functions are different to start with.

  6. #276
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Why would you confuse yourself with an ENFJ? Ne-Fi can put on the image of an Fe. Much like for an INFJ, NI/Fe can put on an image of an Fi.

    Why would you think you're an ESFP. Like take meshou for example who says that her Ti ranks high, even though I think she is an INFP. I, an INTP, have my Fi rank also high, just as high as the Ne. Thats an illusion though, its just our primary introverted judgment functions acting out and Ti projects an Fi image and for the INFP vice versa. Your Ne projects the Se image.

    Just so that I am clear you're answering questions here as to why I might consider the other options right?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

  7. #277
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Almost all of my introverted functions are used more than my extroverted ones. The only thing I can conclude from this is that my head is a pretty fucking scary place to be.
    Hmmm. I have the same sort of issue with weak extrovert traits and strong introvert traits (except for my Ne being strong).

    Did you spend most of your early life having to introvert/withdraw a great deal? When people are in situations where the external world seems too overbearing or not malleable for them, they'll "go within" in order to survive and thrive. We develop functions as we need to.

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I doubt the INTJ will be showing you their Ni much unless you get to know them intimately.
    (conspiratorially) If you show me your Ni, I'll show you mine.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #278
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    So, sleeping with, sharing a life with and living with an INTJ isn't intimate? What about growing up together?

    N is open. Both INTxs are open people.
    J is inflexible; P is flexible (by definition, no less).

    Ni is different than Ne. Ni is a conditional function based on being open and inflexible. Ne is a conditional function based on being open and flexible. It is irrelevent that Ni is dominant while Ne is secondary when the functions are different to start with.

    Keep in mind that an INTP who has been trained to be open-minded (was subjected to a lot of studies) will probably be more open-minded than an INTJ who was not.

    All in all, if you give them the same resources and they are of equal talent, in the end INTJ will prove to be open-minded. If they dont, than something isnt right here... you better make sure that they really are a primary Ni...

    As for the rest I cannot withhold the statement that Ti is the most analytical function and INTP is decidedly more analytical than an INTJ... and Ni the most imaginative and INTJ is decidely more imaginative than an INTP.

    Keep in mind though... just because you spend a lot of time with the INTJ and have an emotional bondage with them it does not mean that they will be comfortable discussing ideas with you and still may not show you their Ni.

    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    Just so that I am clear you're answering questions here as to why I might consider the other options right?

    Yes, wasnt this the case...where you werent sure why you were testing as ESFP or ENFJ.

  9. #279
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did you spend most of your early life having to introvert/withdraw a great deal? When people are in situations where the external world seems too overbearing or not malleable for them, they'll "go within" in order to survive and thrive. We develop functions as we need to.
    Nope. That's the thing, I can't tie it to any sort of life event. My childhood was normal, and I did normal kid things (mainly because my parents encouraged me to), but I've always pretty much lived inside of my own head.

    I can see how some of my functions would have become more introverted in recent years, but meh. . . I've pretty much always been this way. It's annoying at times.

  10. #280
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Yes, wasnt this the case...where you werent sure why you were testing as ESFP or ENFJ.

    Oh oh yes you're quite right
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Similar Threads

  1. Need help figuring out my type
    By DreamBeliever in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 11:15 PM
  2. Help figuring out my Type
    By livvi29 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
  3. hopefully this will help figure out my type
    By prplchknz in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:43 PM
  4. Can't figure out your type? Consider "The Soul Child"
    By VagrantFarce in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 03:59 PM
  5. I need some help figuring out my type
    By Requeim in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 02:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO