INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by shum View Post
    HA!

I KNOW YOU GUYS.

cheers. nice to see you boys out at play here.

shh. i am supposed to be napping.
    Ah but this is the MBTI analysis bit Shum. Soo what type are you when your napping? Does it alter at all? Do you dream of lots of people to bounce at?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I dunno. It's like INTJs have the hard shell on the outside, but if you get past it to the core, it's all full of gooey caramel.

INTPs on the other hand are very deceptive -- we're all soft and flexy and delectable on the outside... but you'd better not bite down on us, because you'll break a tooth. The inner core is very inflexible and operates according to strict methodology.

fwtiw

Quick, SW -- can you type "SHUM" ...!?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I dunno. It's like INTJs have the hard shell on the outside, but if you get past it to the core, it's all full of gooey caramel.

INTPs on the other hand are very deceptive -- we're all soft and flexy and delectable on the outside... but you'd better not bite down on us, because you'll break a tooth. The inner core is very inflexible and operates according to strict methodology.
    Gooey??

Your like soo technical today Fortunato

MBTI
    ISTP

Quick! Call my GF and let her know!

FWIW, I agree in general... however, J's will revert back to being inflexible constantly, even after they have opened up to you. Their nature is to be more rigid and disciplined... all Js have that kind of approach to the world... It's pretty much the definition of a J!

MBTI
    INTj

Heh. I always thought that INTPs were hard on the outside and gooey on the inside, and that INTJs were hard on the outside and even harder on the inside.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Gooey?? Your like soo technical today Fortunato

Consider it a flippant act of ineffectual rebellion against over-constructed posting.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I think the best way to show the difference between Js and Ps is possibly in foundation.

A J builds a foundation which is solid so that whatever they build on top inherits that stability. However if their foundation is shaken then they become nervous as everything is based on the foundation NOT moving.

A P builds like a foundation on wheels. Sure it's not as stable but should the site picked for the foundations proove unsuitable then they can just move them. Ps get nervous when they find terrain which their foundation cannot cross as their foundation isn't stable enough for a bridge and cannot cross it either.

It makes sense that a J weathers the storm whilst a P tries to avoid it.

Hence it's Js who tend to be more indomitable.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hence it's Js who tend to be more indomitable.
    And internally gooey... except for NPG, who apparently is comprised of a crunchy candy shell masking a hard macademia nut.

MBTI
    INTj

And internally gooey... except for NPG, who apparently is comprised of a crunchy candy shell masking a hard macademia nut.
    *sigh*

Admittedly, I'm pretty ooey gooey on the inside.

That was difficult to admit!

tend
    Thank you for highlighting they key that seems in danger of being lost in this discussion

The gooey thing is making me uncomfortable, can we return to the intellectual distinctions?