User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Just a suggestion, but it is common for us between the ages of 20-30 to think that our secondary function is our dominant. Many INTPs will feel like ENTPs yet know that they are not outgoing enough to class themselves as that... fall under the impression that intuition is their salient function and call themselves INTJs. Many INFJs will get infatuated with their secondary Extroverted Feeling but know that they are not outgoing enough to be ENFJ, think that the Feeling function is their dominant and call themselves INFP.
    I can lend credence to this. Much of what I do IRL looks ENTP and have been laughed at for claiming to be introverted. I must have alone time however.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

cutthegrass, I think you're ISFP. You have that SP vibe about you. The ISFP's dominant function is Fi, which I've seen a lot of in your posts, and the auxiliary is Se, which I've also seen a lot of in your posts. At first I thought you were ESFP but I get less E from you these days, and plus the ESFP is Se/Fi rather than Fi/Se. It's a toughie but I think the Fi takes it.
    I was leaning towards INFP from the beginning at INTPc but ISFP is a possibility. I think a definite Fi from what I have read so far.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTp

SW - thank you for making me more confident in the size of my Pness.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

But oh no... you're not an INFP.
    Nevertheless I share many "P" qualities. I enjoy attacking new ideas and projects , often loading myself with so much that I ended up dropping most of them half way. In fact the only things I ended up finishing completely are those where completion is mandatory. Left to my own devices, I go fluttering left and right.

I do have to say the MBTI inventories are very flawed when it comes to typing INXJs. Many of the questions asked relating to P-ness depends on organization skills. eg Are you a neat/organized person? Are you orderly? Are you on time? A lot of those qualities are dependent on whether you notice what's going on in your external environment. You can't organize something when you don't see it! Looking at us INXJs, Se is way at the bottom of the stack. Therefore I guess INFJs could very easily be tested as a borderline P because of this... I suppose for other Js that isn't as much a problem. But still, it would be nice if they take that into account in testing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

INTJs have an intense need to apply knowledge and get their vision out to the world, whereas INTPs could easily be satisfied just having quietly solved problems on their own with nothing more.
    I think that this is wrong. INTJs are well known for not being bothered if your following the "correct" path (ie the one they chose). the one I know just gives you which just screams "looser".

I think that the P/J divide is at current understood wrong and is concentrated on too much as a kinda guide to how neatly you organise your sock draw. My friend who is an INTJ is as laid back as I am (hey I even have the mug "If I were any more laid back I'd be in a coma") and can be as laissez faire. However when it comes to thinking his preference for J makes him a more consistent and reliable thinker. If your into D&D, and understand alignments properly, then J's are lawful and Ps are more chaotic (note proper understanding requires being able to think of a rogue who steals but is lawful). Basically a J is a systematic thinker. Their designs are a network of tie up ends. Ps tend to have a lot more loose ends but the design is often more flexible and tends to have less weak areas (well except when someone finds one of those loose ends that is).

Anyhow that's how I see it breaking down
    INTP - Can be a genius. More flexible than INTJ but tend to have loose ends all over.
    INTJ - Strong ideas, generally more direct and forceful than an INTPs. Less flexible though.
    ENTP - Innovative but can leave holes in their ides. Way more flexible thinkers than ENTJs.
    ENTJ - Direct ideas which should achieve what they see as the main objectives. Often fail to have a plan which can accomodate the unforseen.

This kind of analysis kinda makes me think that INTP-ENTJ & ENTP-INTJ make good mixes for leadership. I know that when working with my father (ENTJ) that I can often help merely by pointing out where he's being unecessarily inflexible in his plans.

Anyhow, just some thoughts.

Oh and Ivy, you sound INFJ to me. No particular reasoning. You could be ENFJ as you do sound a lot like my sister, just calmer and more one on one (if that makes any sense).
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, equating "J" with "spatial organization" is not quite right.

Remember again that "J" is NOT a quality trait, not like the Perceiving pair S/N or the Judging pair T/F! It's simply a "flag" of sorts, that tells you whether a person extroverts their judging or perceiving pair function. Does that make sense?

There IS no "J" trait (!) or "P" trait in themselves -- they just describe the I/E state of your S/N and T/F traits.

Taking that in mind, now think about your Sensor types who extrovert their Judging function (i.e., the notorious SJ type). They are very prone to spatial organization -- the trait we normally identify as organizing things, arranging things, putting things in order. They focus on the tangible real world, so this makes tons of sense.

But iNtuitive J types aren't really this way, because they're not focusing on the tangible world. An INFJ type runs off Ni (introverted iNtution), and they express their ideas through Fe -- the social web that accords everyone the "proper place" and dealing with them in an appropriate way.

For an SFJ, Fe takes a more rules-based approach; there is a social system of rules and you follow them. For an NFJ, there is an appropriate way to behave in light of deeper spiritual/intuitive truth; they tend to nurture in light of a higher morality that is not really 'rules-based' in the same way as an SFJ's is. (Sorry, I don't quite grasp what it is yet, but that's a pointer to the right direction I think.)

And, in any case, because INFJs aren't Sensors, they are less prone to the physical organization we see in so many SJs, where everything has its proper place.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

So to bullet point it
    SJ - Organise Stuff
    FJ - Organise emotion
    TJ - Organise thought
    NJ - Organise concepts
    ?
    Does that work? I think it does but I'm not sure (oh and the words are intuitively based so feel free to adjust... WHAAAJAH??? Where is she when you need her?)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    So to bullet point it
    SJ - Organise Stuff
    FJ - Organise emotion
    TJ - Organise thought
    NJ - Organise concepts
    ?
    Does that work? I think it does but I'm not sure (oh and the words are intuitively based so feel free to adjust... WHAAAJAH??? Where is she when you need her?)
    .... does that mean....

SP - Disorganised Stuff
    FP - Disorganised Emotions
    TP - Disorganised Thoughts
    NP - Disorganised Concepts.

-Geoff

MBTI
    type

I'll leave the attached available for a few days.
    Attachment 67
    Last edited by rivercrow; 05-03-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    .... does that mean....

SP - Disorganised Stuff
    FP - Disorganised Emotions
    TP - Disorganised Thoughts