First 12345 Last

Thread: Male Feelers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    *sniff* Jerk!

And I'm a love-scone. Thank you very much.

Wow, picky picky picky, you "love scone" you

ps. are women into "love scones"??? maybe I should work on this... "Hey baby, got blueberries?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Does the dominance of thinking preference in men affect your interactions with other males?

Yes all the time, I have a hard time talking with the guys at the station and holding a convo with them.

Do you feel very different/challenged by your preference?

different yes, challenged not really, most guys come up to me asking for relationship advice. I get "wow, you think just like my wife"...FML lol
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Wow, picky picky picky, you "love scone" you

ps. are women into "love scones"??? maybe I should work on this... "Hey baby, got blueberries?"

I don't know a lot "T" males, I think. Not NT at least. I'm not sure what to talk about with many guys though... many can be at a party and start talking about their plumbing jobs or politics.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Is Fi really thinking about feelings? Does it work the same way as Ti except it's focus is not on systems? Isn't social aptitude a system? How does Fi work? Do you think about it or do you just know? Ti's goal is to understand this complex world but how much depth is there in trying to understand people's emotions alone?

garbage

So, I tend to "meta-think". Rather than thinking about the subject at hand, I end up thinking about my own thought processes regarding the subject, about the overall context, or about the relationship between me and the subject.

During meetings, I'll pay barely any mind to what's actually being said. I tend to focus on how people are interacting, how they're feeling/reacting to the subject, and so on. I pick up on the personal priorities of other people during a discussion. I tailor my speech explicitly to harmonize disparate approaches and look for points of agreement.

But I don't readily state my own opinions as often as others do.

I don't get into deep, personal conversations with many other guys. I do with women, though. I view lots of guys as being completely out of touch with the most important parts of reality.

I've discovered, accepted, and then completely embraced all of this over time. But I guess it took a while to figure all of this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Is Fi really thinking about feelings? Does it work the same way as Ti except it's focus is not on systems? Isn't social aptitude a system? How does Fi work? Do you think about it or do you just know? Ti's goal is to understand this complex world but how much depth is there in trying to understand people's emotions alone?
    It's probably easiest to think of Fi as working on value systems and Ti working on just systems in general. You could argue that Ti users prefer not to delve into subjectivity as much as a dominant Fi user though.

I still like my hippie definition of Fi - It's the esseeeeeeenceeeeee.
    You aren't as likely to be aware of active processing than Ti, which to me seems to always be 'calculated' rather than 'felt'. Though I'm sure the more developed individuals will have access to how their Fi system works in a detailed manner than just experiencing the surface of Fi. Those that are immature with Fi are more likely to be the 'This is how I feel. I can't explain it. You just have to accept it as the way it is.'

Back the OP question.
    I'm usually seen as quite feminine I guess. It doesn't help that I actively play up stereotypes about being really really girlish. It doesn't bother me. In fact I'm pretty happy being the way I am. To me, those that reject these positions just seem kind of narrow-minded on what it means to be male.

I view lots of guys as being completely out of touch with the most important parts of reality.
    This as well. It doesn't really make sense to just exclude something that's potentially so important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    So, I tend to "meta-think". Rather than thinking about the subject at hand, I end up thinking about my own thought processes regarding the subject, about the overall context, or about the relationship between me and the subject.

During meetings, I'll pay barely any mind to what's actually being said. I tend to focus on how people are interacting, how they're feeling/reacting to the subject, and so on. I pick up on the personal priorities of other people during a discussion. I tailor my speech explicitly to harmonize disparate approaches and look for points of agreement.

I don't get into deep, personal conversations with many other guys. I do with women, though. I view lots of guys as being completely out of touch with the most important parts of reality.

I've discovered, accepted, and then completely embraced all of this over time. But I guess it took a while to figure all of this out.

^

Not that I'm knocking it, but I have to pay attention to what's actually being said to "pick up on their personal priorities".

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post

During meetings, I'll pay barely any mind to what's actually being said. I tend to focus on how people are interacting, how they're feeling/reacting to the subject, and so on. I pick up on the personal priorities of other people during a discussion.
    This I do.

I tailor my speech explicitly to harmonize disparate approaches and look for points of agreement.

This I don't.

What is it like being an F male in your culture? Does the dominance of thinking preference in men affect your interactions with other males?

Not really no.

Do you feel very different/challenged by your preference?

I've felt more wise as arrogant as that sounds, and able to see deeper in some ways compared to most. Challenged? Nope. Although sometimes I've left my love for peace cause me trouble.

What defines the F male compared to the T male?

Cognition.

How are Fi males and Fe males different/similar?

They are different in that Fi males are more independent from their environment and context I'd say. They are similar in that they use feelings to make decisions, but that's about it. The way they do that though is opposite almost. The means justify the end (Fi) VS the end justify the means (Fe) at a subconscious level, would be one of the biggest differences.

Did you have to peel back a culturally imposed layer of Tness to realise you are an F? Do you often test as a T?

I still often test as a T, but I think that's partly because I have relatively high Ti. But yes culture and how I was brought up influenced it. I realized early on that feelings where not something everyone else seemed to value as much. So I guess I started processing those feelings internally only, without sharing them, and used only the outcome (my personal guidelines, my values) in the real world, while in everything else seeming very T.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I've been wondering about this. Are gays mostly feelers?
    NO!

Does a feeler mean sensitive?
    Not really.

I see myself as a thinker but I'm quite sensitive and shy. I don't express much emotion but I'm very sensitive with criticisms. Or is this the result of introversion? No, I'm not gay.
    Some F males I know are actually quite hot-headed; they're rough, tough, quick to strike. Typical "macho" men. They do what they do, cuz they feel like it, and others can just fuck off if they don't like it. Some are quite zen and chill. Being an F does not mean you can have better emotional reactions that those who are T, just like being a T does not mean you can think better than an F. Those are short-sighted understanding of cognitive functions.

"F" doesn't mean that those males are a bag of salty tears. Being an F male does not also necessarily make you more sensitive.

It just means that their decision making process is given more weight to values attached to the decisions, versus, detached, logical interpretations leading to decisions, which would employ "T".