User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Male Feelers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I've been wondering about this. Are gays mostly feelers? Does a feeler mean sensitive? I see myself as a thinker but I'm quite sensitive and shy. I don't express much emotion but I'm very sensitive with criticisms. Or is this the result of introversion? No, I'm not gay.
    I don't think you're gay. Just, colourful. jk

gay - feeler, I fail to see the correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't think it is that much different. I don't think anybody down at the pub can tell, it isn't like I need to share. I guess sometimes people can see whatever Fi is in me. The awesomeness of it attracts people, especially if you keep your mouth shut. They wonder what the hell is going on in your mind. I think life would be harder for the type of feeler that can't keep quiet. I've tested as istp a lot, that seems to be the kiwi male archetype overall. I don't think isfp have a hard time fitting in though. I did have to pull back some conditioning, conditioning I'd done to myself.
    ^it's stuff like that that makes me think i'm esfp

my emotions aren't always pouring out or anything, but i don't keep them under the surface for too long. i can try, but it's like a damn scratch i have to itch. for better or worse.

[edit] "Itch I have to scratch", I mean

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

F != emotions, at least not in Jungian terms.

Feeling is basically a way of making decisions that is not based on just the cold-hard facts and logic like Thinking does.

I'll answer the OP a bit later after I 'feel' my way through the questions
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I don't think you're gay. Just, colourful. jk

gay - feeler, I fail to see the correlation.
    Liking bright colors is dominant in gay culture, right? Also in women? That would mean also in feelers?

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    F != emotions, at least not in Jungian terms.

Feeling is basically a way of making decisions that is not based on just the cold-hard facts and logic like Thinking does.

I'll answer the OP a bit later after I 'feel' my way through the questions
    It's got to be more than that...?

If being ESFP meant merely being impulsive in my decisions, then it's a very limited way in describing the "Type". Emotional expression has to come to play here somewhere to distinguish some people???... else what's the point of any of this. F can't be all about values and convictions.

One thing that I suppose is F in nature is I always have had an orientation to forming a relationship when doing something. That has had upsides and downsides depending on the nature of the job or whatever I was doing. It is difficult and feels dry and lifeless to just do something. If I am by myself it isn't an issue but if there are people around I am drawn to...not interact so much as collaborate maybe, to build a positive atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    One thing that I suppose is F in nature is I always have had an orientation to forming a relationship when doing something. That has had upsides and downsides depending on the nature of the job or whatever I was doing. It is difficult and feels dry and lifeless to just do something. If I am by myself it isn't an issue but if there are people around I am drawn to...not interact so much as collaborate maybe, to build a positive atmosphere.
    I can identify with that.

Hell, I quit my last job because my manager told me I wasn't there for friends. I was like.. "Really?! Well fuck off then." The job itself sucked anyways.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

QUIET!!! I'm Feeling here....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    QUIET!!! I'm Feeling here....
    Yeah! Hey, don't piss off "Mr. Sensitive"! You big love-muffin you.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Yeah! Hey, don't piss off "Mr. Sensitive"! You big love-muffin you.

*sniff* Jerk!

And I'm a love-scone. Thank you very much.