• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common letters amongst friends?

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm wondering which letter of your personality type is shared most amongst your friends. I'm INFJ, and I've found that almost all of my friends are also I, many are N, but T/F J/P are all split evenly.

Or do you find that most of your friends share a common letter that is different from your own?

Take a sample of, say, 8 close friends and let me know what you find. Thanks!

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
F is the most common in other girls

my T friends are my least close... and I only have about 2 of them

But in guy friends, its N. they're like ALL N's save maybe one.

I think other F's are easiest to relate to, but N's I can *usually* connect with on a deeper level

but my best friend is esfj,, go fig

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
From what I've noticed, N usually associate with other Ns, and Ss associate with other Ss.

It makes sense, since N/S is a divisive communication style.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introversion is the one that seems to show up with the friends that I make. All of my friends are introverts save a select few. The next most important one is Perception. I get along smashingly with all IPs.

Tecla

MBTI Type
INTP
Where I currently live my only two real friends are an ISFJ and ESXP. We are bonded through experiences more than anything else. While they are some of the truer friends I've ever had, I still feel like we talk at each other, not to each other. Being so dissimilar with them takes it toll after awhile, but it's something I've learned to live with.

Where I grew up my two best friends are an ISTP and INXJ. It's the same situation as above with the ISTP(though to a lesser extent), but with the INXJ we communicate on a whole other level. The INXJ is also a genius and has knowledge far beyond my own, he's probably my favorite person in the world to talk to.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only friends I have right now are an INTJ, an iNTP, an INFP, and, my current crush, an IsFP (he could be an INFP, but I think he's too Se). So "I" is an obvious trend there, and this has generally been the case throughout my life, although I've had some good "E" friends, as well. There has also been a strong leaning toward F friends, although that has gotten to be less the case as I've developed Ti and neglected Fe.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
- INTxs tend to 'choose' me for friendship (especially INTPs for some reason).
- ISxPs and I get along easily, but I don't have as many long-lasting, close bonds with them as with INTs (even if I like their company and value our friendships).

I guess my friends are overwhelmingly Introverted like me and mostly Perceivers too. They are more likely to be Thinkers as well.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
F types, everything else is varied but the F remains the same.

I'm a sensitive soul. :blush:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
TJs

And people wonder why I am confrontational.

G

garbage

hmm

ENFP
ESFJ
ENTP
ESTJ
INTP
ENFP
INTJ
ISFJ

No real discernible patterns :doh:

Although.. probably like many others, I tend to get along the best with those who are at least somewhat like me..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My closest friends that I've had for years and years are mostly Ns, because before I knew what an N was it was simply "OMG you get me."

A lot of my female friends are Fs, and I've noticed that most of my S friends are SPs rather than SJs.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8 "close friends", lol.

my close friends are infj (maybe) and ixtj.

regular friends are typically I; I think that's the only trend.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
My closest friends that I've had for years and years are mostly Ns, because before I knew what an N was it was simply "OMG you get me."

A lot of my female friends are Fs, and I've noticed that most of my S friends are SPs rather than SJs.

SJ's are mean :(

generally, I like a few.

but any heavily expressed J personality comes off very aggressively critical to me

and I'm as sensitive to criticism as an average 5 year old introvert :)

it doesn't go well.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
My best friend is an ENTP- he hasn't been typed but based on descriptions that's him.

Among the other group of friends I have, they are a mix, mainly TJs.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In no particular order:

ENTJ
INFP
ENFJ
ESFP
ISFP
INFJ
ESFJ
ISTP

...an even split on all but T/F. :laugh:

Kind of interesting, since for me, my F is the weakest of all the letters. :thinking:

All but one in that list are female, so maybe that's why there are so many feelers.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Almost all are Intuitive, like me :D
Almost all are Introverted, unlike me :huh:

Pretty even on Thinkers vs Feelers.
Pretty even on Perceiving vs Judging.

INFP
INFP
ENFP
INFJ
INTP
INTJ
ISTP
ISTJ

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Probably F or P. Intuitive friends also have more room to become closer in an intimate sense.