• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

List, in order, the MBTI type that resonates most with you

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took "resonate" to mean when I'm reading a post or whatever and I'm thinking to myself "yeah they really get it!" ("it" being some obscure indefinable something), it's a vibe, like you're on the same wavelength.

I took it to mean in real life conversations also....but I considered both.

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INTP
INFP
INFJ
ISFJ
ENFP
ENFJ
ESFP
ISTJ
ISTP
ESTJ
ISFP
ESFJ
INTJ
ENTP
ESTP
ENTJ

KDude

ISFP
ESTP
ENTP - maybe the odd one listed here, but they have entertainment potential..even if i don't understand them half of the time. :)

anyone else..
But I hate ESFPs

G

Ginkgo

Tater sees that some people premeditate their prejudices. They say "That llama bit me, so I'll never give another llama a sandwich ever again. They do not resonate with me". Or they might say "I had severe diarrhea after eating KFC, so I staunchly reject all KFC with my tail in between my legs. My screams were reverberative on the commode, but KFC does not resonate with me". Tater thinks these people are silly. They should all be confined in steel cages and dangled over lava pits. Then maybe they can become acquainted with the lava on an intimate level. This would be a rational learning experience for them, as we learn best through pain.

KDude

How do you know they're serious though? I say stuff like that... and then end up going to KFC again eventually. You'd lock me in a cage unfairly!

G

Ginkgo

How do you know they're serious though? I say stuff like that... and then end up going to KFC again eventually. You'd lock me in a cage unfairly!

I would not lock you in a cage. This guy would.

Poucet10.jpg

Take it up with him.

KDude

FWIW, SP's have more to complain about being "intimate with the lava" here than he does, and yet we don't complain.... umm.. not too much! ;)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not to be a stick in the mud, but I'm really not sure personally what "resonate" means to me. I have friends from every ilk and clime, but romantically it's a narrow margin.

???

What Quinlan says: :)

I took "resonate" to mean when I'm reading a post or whatever and I'm thinking to myself "yeah they really get it!" ("it" being some obscure indefinable something), it's a vibe, like you're on the same wavelength.

Jaguar

Tater sees that some people premeditate their prejudices. They say "That llama bit me, so I'll never give another llama a sandwich ever again. They do not resonate with me". Or they might say "I had severe diarrhea after eating KFC, so I staunchly reject all KFC with my tail in between my legs. My screams were reverberative on the commode, but KFC does not resonate with me". Tater thinks these people are silly. They should all be confined in steel cages and dangled over lava pits. Then maybe they can become acquainted with the lava on an intimate level. This would be a rational learning experience for them, as we learn best through pain.

Just so you know, it's your fault I just yelled downstairs at my brother, to pick up some KFC.

Windigo

KFC . . . yum! :ROFL1:

INTP
ISTP
INTJ
ENTP
ENFP
ENFJ
ISFP
INFJ
INFP
ESFP
ESTP
ENTJ
ISTJ
ESTJ
ESFJ
ISFJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP
INTJ
ENTP
ENTJ
ISTP
ESTP

INFP
ENFP
ESFP
ISFP
ISTJ
ESTJ
ENFJ
INFJ
ISFJ
ESFJ

Honestly, I think the only FJ I've met I have patience for is my own mother.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFP
INTJ
ESTP
ISTP
INTP
ISFP
INFJ
ENTP
ENTJ
ISTJ
INFP
ESFP
ISFJ
ENFJ
ESFJ
ESTJ

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infj
entp
intj
enfp
intp
istp
infp
enfj
isfj
____
the rest

these are not in order of the types i enjoy the most, just who is the most like me. whose notes are immediately understood with no effort/need to translate.

in terms of who i enjoy the most,
i'd say enps, injs, and inps in that order. the banter is usually better with Ne doms bc they are more complimentary for my Ni. it can be very good with inps, but i generally get more tired worrying about stepping on their toes, so i can't be as open and carefree. injs in a good mood are pretty great, a drink or two might help get the ball rolling.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ
INTJ

XNTJ
ENTJ
INTX
INTP
ISTJ

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
who I resonate with- cool members who are open minded about type and have a good head on their shoulders :holy:

who my brain wants to crawl out my ear and beat with a tire iron- immature members with typist attitudes and closed minds :nono:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^there term typist...a new slur for Typo C.

I remember back when it just used to mean you could type. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:cry: what else are you supposed to call people who discriminate on the basis of type?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(I)NFJ (I relate to NFJs most easily, I'd say, and they're easier to connect with than fellow NTJs...we are each other's sidekicks and shared Ni makes everything easier - like them better IRL than on line, though)
Curious: I've noted the same thing. INFJs in real life seem to like me very well, even though we approach things with slightly different priorities. Online, the tertiary Ti seems to kick in and not a few are easily offended by remarks that were never intended to insult. I don't get this "easily offended" vibe from all online INFJs, just a few.

As for affinities, in no particular order ...

No real affinity for INTJ - I understand them very very well, but there's not much to make a connection with, which is what you get when two anti-social people try to be social. However, when I click with an INTJ, it really clicks until we get bored of each other.

High affinity for xNFP - They shine so brightly, even if the world is somewhat less orderly after they pass by.

I'm also rather partial to xSFP - Genuinely warm, often good dancers.

xNFJ - I like and respect, especially in real life. I always feel welcome in their presence, and many such people seem drawn to me. Online, as I mentioned above, some self-declared xNFJs seem to be a bit pricklier. I believe my Mom was INFJ.

xNTP - very cool and fun to talk with, especially in real life. Not so fun to work with, and online conversations get muddled.

ENTJ - I understand 'em but it's kind of like INTJs, I usually don't want to spend time being buddy-buddy with 'em. Kind of the opposite of xNTPs - great to work with, as communications are always clear, but not so fun to shoot the breeze with.

ESTJ - Not as bad as you might think (from an intuitive's perspective)

ESTP - Also not as bad as you might think. *waves at Whatever* :hi:

ISTJ - I usually mistake these folks for INTJ, until I'm exposed long enough to get the underlying S vibe.

ISFJ - the real life ones I know of are sweet, but I don't have a good sample size.

ESFJ - I married one, and am now divorced. I don't dislike her, and I truly did love her, but in spite of very similar values and interests, communication difficulties killed it.

ISTP - fairly cool online, remarkably annoying in real life (at least the ones I know); no good way to resolve disagreements.

I shall now close with a disclaimer: type has nothing to do with whether you like people. It really doesn't. We like people for other reasons. Type comes into play as people get closer, and communications are trickier, less formalized. MBTI types can help you work around the communication difficulties if you let it, and you are the one who decides to adapt to the other's mode(s) of communication. And it doesn't matter if you have an ideal match, like ENFP with INTJ: you won't necessarily like each other, you won't necessarily share any interests, you won't necessarily understand each other. Rather, if you like each other, the MBTI types will help guide your understanding of each other.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
INTP
ISTP
ENTP
ISFJ
ENFP
ENFJ