failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The curse of the INxJ is that while we are supremely good at understanding ... we will rarely, ourselves, be understood.
    so true.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I donít think Iíll be able to produce a list of which ones ďresonateĒ most with me from most to least. A bit tricky. But I can provide you with the following categories, if itís interesting:

Types which have tended to yield my close friendships/relationships: INFJ and ISFJ, but to a certain extent probably all IxxJ types. The closest friends I can think of whose types I know or am pretty sure of are INFJ and ISFJ. My mom is INTJ, and my brother probably ISTJ, and while I donít always see eye to eye with them I love them a lot and generally we get along well. Not so sure about my dad but I think he is most likely ISFJ.

Types which intrigue me a lot, but where friendships/relationships have mostly either proved somewhat problematic, or just havenít materialized: ESTP, ISTP, ENTP, ENFP, INFP.

Types which I have definitely had quite a few of in my circle of friends and acquaintances, but I feel itís never likely to go beyond a fairly superficial (even if warm) connection, because we donít understand each other enough: ESFJ, ESTJ, ISFP.

Types which kind of annoy me both in theory and in practice: ESFP (sorry guys, but itís generally true).

I know Iíve left out a few, but those are the main trends.

EDIT: The above refers specifically to IRL. In terms of what I've experienced on this site, a lot of the INFJs resonate with me a great deal, but some seem too self-absorbed. (perhaps I do too, not sure!!). Some of the ESTPs resonate with me a surprising amount because they just seem to cut through all the crap. I guess the INFPs resonate to a certain extent, some of them seem a lot like the INFJs.

I'm afraid the NTs very often come across as quite arrogant. Sorry to generalize like that, but there you go.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

1st Lot: ISFJ - INFJ - [ISFP - ISTJ] - INTP - INFP

2nd Lot: INTJ - ENTP

3rd Lot: ISTP - ESFP - ESFJ

4th Lot: ENFJ - [ESTJ - ENTJ] - ESTP

It should be noted that while I identify with ESFJs (Si and Fe) the reversal just makes it seem a little odd. Overall, there's a clear pattern that I identify most with auxillary Fe users first followed by Feelers with the exception of INTP and ENTP because I identify strongly with the Ti culture.

Before I had met my ESFP friend. I would have placed them right at the bottom with the ESTP. Guess it depends on what aspect they place more focus on.

To make sense of the data a little more...

Si > [Fe Ti] >> [Fi Ni] >>>> Te >>>>>>>>> [Ne Se]

That's how I roll. Perhaps it'll explain my MBTI resonation preference

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I donít think Iíll be able to produce a list of which ones ďresonateĒ most with me from most to least. A bit tricky. But I can provide you with the following categories, if itís interesting:

Types which have tended to yield my close friendships/relationships: INFJ and ISFJ, but to a certain extent probably all IxxJ types. The closest friends I can think of whose types I know or am pretty sure of are INFJ and ISFJ. My mom is INTJ, and my brother probably ISTJ, and while I donít always see eye to eye with them I love them a lot and generally we get along well. Not so sure about my dad but I think he is most likely ISFJ.

Types which intrigue me a lot, but where friendships/relationships have mostly either proved somewhat problematic, or just havenít materialized: ESTP, ISTP, ENTP, ENFP, INFP.

Types which I have definitely had quite a few of in my circle of friends and acquaintances, but I feel itís never likely to go beyond a fairly superficial (even if warm) connection, because we donít understand each other enough: ESFJ, ESTJ, ISFP.

Types which kind of annoy me both in theory and in practice: ESFP (sorry guys, but itís generally true).

I know Iíve left out a few, but those are the main trends.

EDIT: The above refers specifically to IRL. In terms of what I've experienced on this site, a lot of the INFJs resonate with me a great deal, but some seem too self-absorbed. (perhaps I do too, not sure!!). Some of the ESTPs resonate with me a surprising amount because they just seem to cut through all the crap. I guess the INFPs resonate to a certain extent, some of them seem a lot like the INFJs.

I'm afraid the NTs very often come across as quite arrogant. Sorry to generalize like that, but there you go.
    Wow. I could totally have written this myself, down to the INTJ mom, but I think my brother might be ISTP, not ISTJ.

Where would you place ENFJs?

I feel the same about EXFJs; I love em but that dom Fe is a bit much for me; they seem to hold grudges and get disgruntled with people much more easily than I do, which makes me always wonder if they are secretly pissed at me and just pretending not to be. :rolli:

My ESFP friend is a bit annoying in her on again, off again, existence in my life. She seems to think it's totally ok that we are on her agenda all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    1st Lot: ISFJ - INFJ - [ISFP - ISTJ] - INTP - INFP

2nd Lot: INTJ - ENTP

3rd Lot: ISTP - ESFP - ESFJ

4th Lot: ENFJ - [ESTJ - ENTJ] - ESTP

It should be noted that while I identify with ESFJs (Si and Fe) the reversal just makes it seem a little odd. Overall, there's a clear pattern that I identify most with auxillary Fe users first followed by Feelers with the exception of INTP and ENTP because I identify strongly with the Ti culture.

Before I had met my ESFP friend. I would have placed them right at the bottom with the ESTP. Guess it depends on what aspect they place more focus on.

To make sense of the data a little more...

Si > [Fe Ti] >> [Fi Ni] >>>> Te >>>>>>>>> [Ne Se]

That's how I roll. Perhaps it'll explain my MBTI resonation preference
    What is it with the INFJ/ISFJ dynamic? I assume you mean friendship?

Almost all of my friends irl are isfjs. I know and like to hang out with INFJs as well, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as my ISFJ friends, for some reason. I think because the SFJs pursue me harder than I pursue others, or something along those lines; more motivated to seek out my friendship than I would be to seek out friendship in general.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't have an exact order for all, but I can list at least some of them...

INFJ
    INTx
    INTx
    ENFJ
    ENTx
    ENTx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    ESFJ
    ESTJ
    ESFP
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

So do you guys go about typing your friends and family? I've only typed one friend.. and then made some guesses with a couple of others (SPs mostly.. seems recognizable).

edit: Just wondering how you know other types so well offline.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    So do you guys go about typing your friends and family? I've only typed one friend.. and then made some guesses with a couple of others (SPs mostly.. seems recognizable).

edit: Just wondering how you know other types so well offline.
    It's always a work in progress. Mostly one makes best guesses. In other cases, people have self-typed, or have at least taken a test or two and mentioned it.

For my purposes, it doesn't matter whether I am "correct" so much as I classify my observations by type and correct them as I gain data. If I don't have a lot of data, then their type really doesn't matter, since I obviously don't interact enough to get a type.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Wow. I could totally have written this myself, down to the INTJ mom, but I think my brother might be ISTP, not ISTJ.

Where would you place ENFJs?

I feel the same about EXFJs; I love em but that dom Fe is a bit much for me; they seem to hold grudges and get disgruntled with people much more easily than I do, which makes me always wonder if they are secretly pissed at me and just pretending not to be. :rolli:

My ESFP friend is a bit annoying in her on again, off again, existence in my life. She seems to think it's totally ok that we are on her agenda all the time.

ENFJs - I am not sure how many I know, but a friend of mine who is interested in MBTI told me she typed as one and it seems to fit. It will sound a little mean, but partly because of her, I have mixed feelings. On the bright side, she's warm and caring and lovely and has great interest in the life of the mind. We haven't lived in the same place for several years but she has also made an effort to keep the friendship going. On the downside...She is about ten years older than me, or a bit more (I'm 30, so she's 40+) and she has not had a successful relationship for a long time. She really wants to be married and I'm sorry to say it seems to have made her kind of neurotic. She has basically DECIDED that if she can't be married, she is going to be miserable forever. Not that I'm intensely qualified to comment or whatever, but I said gently once that I think it's better to be alone than with the wrong person (which I agree with based both on some personal experience, and those of others!) She was like "No, I don't agree, because even if if you have an unhappy marriage, at least you HAVE SOMEONE." !!! Yeah, someone who's making you miserable! It makes me sad that she can't concentrate on anything else at all. However, I don't know if this is a classically ENFJ reaction to such a situation.

I have a good friend who is ESFJ but I think we're partly good friends because we only see each other occasionally...She is very caring, but she holds grudges like you wouldn't believe and nags her INTP husband non-stop, which makes me nervous...

Honestly, if I were to fall into stereotypes, I would say that ExxJ in general seem a bit intimidating and bossy, and that ExxP seem highly intriguing particularly for romance, but unreliable heartbreakers in reality. (Like I said, indulging in stereotypes here!!)

Based on one of my best friends who is ISFJ, they are just so great. In the case of our friendship, I also think she is a somewhat "N" ISFJ and I'm a somewhat "S" INFJ, which may help. Not sure about my dad but ISFJ really seems to fit - I love him so much! In a way I'm closer to my INTJ mom, partly because she's my mom and we have very similar intellectual interests (literature etc). But I am definitely somewhat more like my dad...in fact, I have eerie moments when I totally find myself channelling him.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING