• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs. Si comparative Si TEST

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
For the sake of the experiment, Si users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

If you are an Ni user, please post your reaction in the other thread prior to reading comments here.

Last edited by a moderator:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
THere's a big 'For Sale' sign blocking the house. I can't see what the door looks like.

The dad sold mortgage backed securities.
Or
The dad went from the mailroom to the boardroom.

Mommy has one ankle that is more kankle than the other.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's a generic for sale sign, so it makes it look like a parody or a commercial. The family seems very affectionate.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
The family is standing in front of the house they are selling, the father just staked in the for sale sign while the mother fussed about the yard. They have to sell it because it only has one child's bedroom, and the mother just found out she is expecting twins. They have been trying to have more children for years, they really want a little girl. There are many things they are worrying about, the sale of their house, finding a new place with a bigger yard, the pregnancy being successful... but they will rely on each other and get through it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of what you guys are doing seem like Ne made-up stories, not Si...I don't think this experiment is going to go very well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She might be pregnant and they are looking at their new house.

That's just so interesting to me, cuz someone else here said the same sort of thing (triplets).

To me, there's no connection at all inherent in the look and feel of the picture itself. But maybe there is a connection for Si, where new houses are bought when a family is expanding as part of the family ritual...

A lot of what you guys are doing seem like Ne made-up stories, not Si...I don't think this experiment is going to go very well.

No, look at what connections they are making...
It's drawn from practical cultural experience.

I don't think an NT would ever suggest she might be pregnant, except unless they could see a change in her midsection shape.

I think we'll see better if something is going on if we look at the narrative/framework from which people are drawing their connections.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

So what I'm supposed to say is I see is a big stop sign that's blocking the house, the start of a nuclear family (all they need are 1.5 more kids, the dog, and a vinyl fence from Lowe's), some shrubbery that needs a little TLC, and a mustard finish?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
The "for sale" sign is first and foremost (ouch); the rest of the picture is almost incidental.

Small family, stock photography-esque set-up. I sense no true affection.

Bright sunny day, spring / early summer like. Like the greenish-yellow hues, which is why that "for sale" sign is such a nuisance eye-draw.

It's like being hit on the head with a message, but which one:

Did they just buy this house, or are they saying goodbye to it? Or did they just spend $$ to get that new stone walkway made to help sell their house?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's just so interesting to me, cuz someone else here said the same sort of thing (triplets).

To me, there's no connection at all inherent in the look and feel of the picture itself. But maybe there is a connection for Si, where new houses are bought when a family is expanding as part of the family ritual...

No, look at what connections they are making...
It's drawn from practical cultural experience.

I don't think an NT would ever suggest she might be pregnant, except unless they could see a change in her midsection shape.

I think we'll see better if something is going on if we look at the narrative/framework from which people are drawing their connections.

I see a for sale sign. That's the biggest, most prominent feature of the picture. I also see the family, standing there looking at it. Those 2 details are what stand out to me. I guess that's where my Si ends, and my Ne begins?

Otherwise it's just describing details- colors, inconsistencies, etc, which wouldn't go too well because the pic's all blurry and you can't make out too much of the background. And that's boring.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Looks like For Sale sign is photoshopped in. It is super sharp while background scene is really blurred, but not in the right way for the sign in the foreground to look natural. Background scene looks peaceful and idyllic. I suspect the original photo had no For Sale sign and was meant to look positive but then someone wanted to use the same photo to illustrate something negative or sad, like losing your house, which is why they made the For Sale sign so hyper sharp. Maybe they didn't have much of a budget.

lamp

hmm . . . looking for something to make an impression on me . . . ignoring the for sale sign . . . holy shit the kid has a stump

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's an ugly picture. The sign looks out of place, looks like an advertisement. The ugly sign that's the only thing in focus seems a bit too clean, except of course for the two pieces of grass on the upper right corners of the horizontal pieces of wood (either fell, or was on purpose held against the ground) and the missing color just below the pieces of grass. The tree/bush in the background makes the man's jaw seem very strange. And the man himself appears nerdy because of his hair and shirt. The boy is probably extremely annoying with his blond hair and whiny voice.

American dream.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
That woman has a nice ass. Daddy wants to nail that shit once they get done saying good-bye to the house.