iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    The American dream is for sale.
    Yeah, pretty much. I'm just going to list a few things I noticed:

A.) Depicting a fresh, colorful and peaceful life.

1. Interesting choice of colors. Yellows, vibrant greens, and oranges. These are often associated with growth, health and revival.
    2. The parents don't seem to have a spot of gray in their hair either. Using youth to express longevity.
    3. The mother is standing in the middle, with her arms securely placed around each family member. Associating femininity with maternity: tenderness, care, dedication and support. Perhaps they purposely chose not to use the father as a main focus due to a subconscious connection with broken families.
    4. All 'typical' family members present. No single parenthood. No harsh living conditions.
    5. Used a very young child in place of an adolescence. It could indicate that a place like this is safe enough to raise an individual who is very vulnerable to the world. This will last until the kid at least grows up.
    6. All plants well-cared for. And there seems to be no lack of them around. Possible connection: lots of time for nurturing --- no fast-paced lifestyles, not abandoning things that require mindful attention to grow, enjoying the smaller & finer things in life.

B.) A "red" for-sale sign (that clearly contrasts with the background) could mean:

1. Alerting the viewer. Buy it now!
    2. This is something very important, vital to your health even. It needs attention. Red is often used for situations we can't postpone.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    nnnn

"perfect family" for sale

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe anyone with good Ni will recognize that this "test" is meaningless in terms of measuring functional usage.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Maybe anyone with good Ni will recognize that this "test" is meaningless in terms of measuring functional usage.
    Just another cocky (and inaccurate) entp remark. :yawn:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Would you mind explaining how this one-question test is actually going to do anything in terms of determining functional preferences?

Yeah, I get what it's supposed to do. Si-ers are supposed to say "GOSH THE STANDARD MEANING IS THAT THIS FAMILY IS SELLING THEIR HOUSE LOL" and the clearly superior Ni-ers are supposed to say, "Well it could mean that the family is for sale, or that the family doesn't own the house but enjoys gazing together at houses that are for sale, or..."

blah blah blah. It's one question in one situation that doesn't offer enough data (or even provide enough context) to say anything meaningful about Si vs. Ni preferences in real people.

How about Si-ers who have seen this kind of "test" before and already understand what it's supposed to do?

Just another illustration of the problem with one-size-fits-all type testing.

:yawn:

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

sorry, i didn't mean that to be inflammatory to entps. i should have said: "just another cocky (and inaccurate) sim remark. :yawn: :jerkoff:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yeah, I get what it's supposed to do. Si-ers are supposed to say "GOSH THE STANDARD MEANING IS THAT THIS FAMILY IS SELLING THEIR HOUSE LOL" and the clearly superior Ni-ers are supposed to say, "Well it could mean that the family is for sale, or that the family doesn't own the house but enjoys gazing together at houses that are for sale, or..."
    *returns open mind and unbiassed point of view to you*

They said you'd lost it.

Or maybe they said you were losing it.

I can't quite remember.

Must be bad Si.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    For the sake of the experiment, Ni users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.
    My immediate reaction is if you want immediate reactions, you're asking Se.

In other words, I got nothing. The colours are pretty.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    For the sake of the experiment, Ni users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

If you are an Si user, please post your reaction in the other thread prior to reading comments here.
    poor bastards...(the evicted family staring longingly at their old house)

EDIT: I find my best Ni comments are spontaneous when watching commercials. "oh ya, ill just hand over ___ and ____ so you can sell me _____", but ___ will be the unexpected/hidden ideas/concepts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

sorry, i didn't mean that to be inflammatory to entps. i should have said: "just another cocky (and inaccurate) sim remark. :yawn: :jerkoff:
    Would you mind explaining how this one-question test is actually going to do anything in terms of determining functional preferences?