MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Ok, you asked for it:

All of this probably just shows that I've been deluding myself about having dominant Ni.
    Are these your responses, Sky? Seems very Ne with some Ni to me.

I think picture interpretations for cognitive functions are VERY illustrative, and possibly the best way to find someone's preferences. Let's do more pics, OP.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Are these your responses, Sky? Seems very Ne to me.

I think picture interpretations for cognitive functions are VERY illustrative, and possibly the best way to find someone's preferences. Let's do more pics, OP.
    Yup. All mine. That figures, I'm an INFP after all.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yup. All mine. That figures, I'm an INFP after all.
    No way. REally? Didn't you say you can be ENFPish?

Perhaps you are Ne/Ni/Fe...or something along those lines. Are you more Te or Ti? I don't doubt your infj status. But you do seem to be a good mediator. And obviously your Ne is pretty good, at least in that post. Or maybe I'm wrong.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

FigerPuppet

The American dream is for sale.

Phantonym

No way. REally? Didn't you say you can be ENFPish?

Perhaps you are Ne/Ni/Fe...or something along those lines. Are you more Te or Ti? I don't doubt your infj status. But you do seem to be a good mediator. And obviously your Ne is pretty good, at least in that post. Or maybe I'm wrong.
    I can also be ENFJish and ISFJish, I can be all over the place.

I don't really doubt my INFJ status either. But you are correct, Ne seems to be my "strongest", followed by Ni and Fe. I seem to be more Ti. But who knows anyway.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

The family is finally off to their new home.

The family lost their home.

Either change represents new beginnings and ambivalence.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I didn't notice their clothing, save for mom's skirt.

on the bolded.
    At my house, if a plant tries to grow on the front steps, sucker's getting trampled!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    At my house, if a plant tries to grow on the front steps, sucker's getting trampled!
    Yeah, I can relate. Between the chickens and the deer and the kids, I can't grow anything besides grass.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Why is the FOR SALE sign the focus of the picture? Oh, I'll bet the family has lost their home. That's why their arms are around each other; they're trying to comfort one another . . . although they could just as easily be looking at a home they've just bought, embracing each other in a sort of familial bliss. It would be difficult to imagine why the sign would still be up, though. It could be, though, and I suppose it's quite possible that the picture is meant to be ambiguous. If so, it's a portrait not of the loss of homes or of the purchase of them, but somehow of both at once. It's very fitting for these times, when home ownership is surrounded by just as much uncertainty as this picture suggests.

I still haven't answered the question I started with, though--why is the sign at the forefront? I think it's to turn the family into an almost anonymous mass, a sort of every-family that each actual one can relate to. If the family were in focus, the picture would appear relevant to them rather than society at large.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    STP

Why do people turn sadness like losing a home into something bad happened. What if the husband got a huge raise, they are moving up in life, but are thinking about the house like it was a part of its family and how it will be missed though they are off to bigger and better.
    Im out, its been fun