• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs. Si comparative Ni TEST

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The people!

Why do you say the people are not affectionate? They're doing about the sappiest pose known to greeting cards and photo-processing commercials right now... and the entire coloration of the picture is bright, cheery, and Easter-like.

lol. Definitely a strong mother figure.

I think she is an SFJ.

Maybe they are actually leaving the place. As it was mentioned before, it says "for sale".

Exactly. it just doesn't fit with the the tone of the picture, unless they're happy to move out (even if they're still SELLING the house).

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They look pretty happy to go.

Maybe it was infected with mold.

Yeah, I was doing the quick thing. Stating what I saw in the first few seconds of viewing it. I could go back and analyze and say this:

"WASP family viewing potential house to buy that was foreclosed by a poor family who lost their jobs in the recession."

hahah. That sounds pretty Si. No, I guess it is Ni. Si would be more about the objects and what they signify, not abstract concepts.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Work before pleasure; wealth before warmth

If I didn't think you were pulling all our legs here, and kidding about being ISFJ, I would totally bitch slap you right now. Because there is no way you are an S. Where do you get that, if you don't mind my asking>?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In other words, you don't get what I'm saying. No worries. It's an Ni thread, after all.

I'm an INTJ. I just enjoy being hilarious.

Ha.

Oh, thought so! haha that bored, eh?

edit: guess I don't get to bitch slap you today. darn.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
hahha. Are you trying to be stereotypically S here? I would have thought those were "s" statements. But I know you're not S. Are you?
I think I was looking at it like a memory game.

There isn't enough information to form a lot of conclusions. The plant growing over the steps is weird. The strange clothing thing is weird, I mean, who dresses a boy that age to match his mom? Why doesn't the dad match? Why are they just standing there in their nice clothes on the grass looking at a house? Why is the kid not getting into something or running around like a heathen?

Looks like somebody just needed to make a stock photo.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I didn't think you were pulling all our legs here, and kidding about being ISFJ, I would totally bitch slap you right now.

Gasp! You would bitch-slap him for being an S? :shock:

I do not like this picture anymore. I think it would be far more interesting if you were the mom, Night were the dad, and SimWorld or Jaguar was the boy. :)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gasp! You would bitch-slap him for being an S? :shock:

I do not like this picture anymore. I think it would be far more interesting if you were the mom, Night were the dad, and SimWorld or Jaguar was the boy. :)

I love S's! Bitch slap him for being so wrong about his type. :)

P

Phantonym

For the sake of the experiment, Ni users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

Ok, you asked for it:

House for sale. Is the sign pasted on the image? It seems odd and fake. Staged. Those American "For sale" signs are funny and cute in a way. There should be some kind of a contact indication on the sign. Ha...and when they sell the house, they put "Sold" across the sign. Wouldn't it be more practical to just get rid of the sign straight away?

What kind of a reaction am I supposed to get while watching this?

There's nothing really to read between the lines. This will be all made up by me anyway.

Alright, the family either bought the house and they're now beaming with pride and joy. Their own home. It's not their first one. He got a new job, they had to move to another state. Or they're just there to see the house because they're planning on buying it or whatever.

Seems like a nice house. I wonder how much would it cost?

That boy's hair might get darker as he ages.

Hmm...the man seems distant. Trouble in paradise? Oh, he's not really that thrilled about mowing the lawn. That takes some regular trimming to stay nice. That poor kid. Teaching responsibility and all that. Isn't child labour nice? But that might also be the start of his entrepreneurship...or it will be the end of it. :D

She probably wants to have a girl. Definitely. The nuclear family and all that.

Cleaning those windows will be trouble.

All of this probably just shows that I've been deluding myself about having dominant Ni. :dry:

Edit: Hm. Is it weird that I didn't think about that THEY might be selling the house and moving away? :thinking:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I was looking at it like a memory game.

There isn't enough information to form a lot of conclusions. The plant growing over the steps is weird. The strange clothing thing is weird, I mean, who dresses a boy that age to match his mom? Why doesn't the dad match? Why are they just standing there in their nice clothes on the grass looking at a house? Why is the kid not getting into something or running around like a heathen?

Looks like somebody just needed to make a stock photo.

I didn't notice their clothing, save for mom's skirt.

:laugh: on the bolded.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Family standing in front of house looking back at house thinking "I cant believe we are selling it" lots of good memories were had.

edit: none of them are ISTP ;) ISTP is in the garage seeing how many boxes he can carry at once to the moving van. Pondering what he would need to do so he can just take the boxes out the upstairs window instead of having to walk down the stairs everytime.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, you asked for it:

All of this probably just shows that I've been deluding myself about having dominant Ni. :dry:

Are these your responses, Sky? Seems very Ne with some Ni to me.

I think picture interpretations for cognitive functions are VERY illustrative, and possibly the best way to find someone's preferences. Let's do more pics, OP.

P

Phantonym

Are these your responses, Sky? Seems very Ne to me.

I think picture interpretations for cognitive functions are VERY illustrative, and possibly the best way to find someone's preferences. Let's do more pics, OP.

Yup. All mine. That figures, I'm an INFP after all. :doh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup. All mine. That figures, I'm an INFP after all. :doh:

No way. REally? Didn't you say you can be ENFPish?

Perhaps you are Ne/Ni/Fe...or something along those lines. Are you more Te or Ti? I don't doubt your infj status. But you do seem to be a good mediator. And obviously your Ne is pretty good, at least in that post. Or maybe I'm wrong. :)

P

Phantonym

No way. REally? Didn't you say you can be ENFPish?

Perhaps you are Ne/Ni/Fe...or something along those lines. Are you more Te or Ti? I don't doubt your infj status. But you do seem to be a good mediator. And obviously your Ne is pretty good, at least in that post. Or maybe I'm wrong. :)

I can also be ENFJish and ISFJish, I can be all over the place. :laugh:

I don't really doubt my INFJ status either. But you are correct, Ne seems to be my "strongest", followed by Ni and Fe. I seem to be more Ti. But who knows anyway. :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
The family is finally off to their new home.

The family lost their home.

Either change represents new beginnings and ambivalence.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At my house, if a plant tries to grow on the front steps, sucker's getting trampled! :laugh:

Yeah, I can relate. Between the chickens and the deer and the kids, I can't grow anything besides grass.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is the FOR SALE sign the focus of the picture? Oh, I'll bet the family has lost their home. That's why their arms are around each other; they're trying to comfort one another . . . although they could just as easily be looking at a home they've just bought, embracing each other in a sort of familial bliss. It would be difficult to imagine why the sign would still be up, though. It could be, though, and I suppose it's quite possible that the picture is meant to be ambiguous. If so, it's a portrait not of the loss of homes or of the purchase of them, but somehow of both at once. It's very fitting for these times, when home ownership is surrounded by just as much uncertainty as this picture suggests.

I still haven't answered the question I started with, though--why is the sign at the forefront? I think it's to turn the family into an almost anonymous mass, a sort of every-family that each actual one can relate to. If the family were in focus, the picture would appear relevant to them rather than society at large.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do people turn sadness like losing a home into something bad happened. What if the husband got a huge raise, they are moving up in life, but are thinking about the house like it was a part of its family and how it will be missed though they are off to bigger and better.