• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni v. Si - A Comparative Analysis

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Introverted intuition isn't intelligence.
Neither is extraverted intuition.

In fact, neither are all that much different from their "sensing" counterparts.

You know, I somewhat agree with this statement.

I think Si is kinda similar to Ni.

But the devil is in the details.

And in the details, there is also plenty of difference.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Introverted intuition isn't intelligence.
Neither is extraverted intuition.

In fact, neither are all that much different from their "sensing" counterparts.

And in the details, there is plenty of difference.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
There's rules now about calling people retards, I saw. So I won't have too much to say in this post except that one cannot be beautiful without first having a body. And bodies aren't beauty though they may be beautiful.

There are of course multiple beauties nowadays too. So one actually can be beautiful and disembodied. That's so great, isn't it?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ

And in the details, there is also plenty of difference.

Si is irrevocably different from Ni. They are not similar at all. Si seeks to remember sensory experiences, and adds value to those experiences, whereas Ni takes in information and draws conclusions and courses of action. Ni is about synthesizing information and creating a vision of the future, impelling us to realize goals and keeping us focused; Si is comparative and focuses solely on gauging data and information.

Ni takes in information and melds it into a shape, while Si only compares and stores data.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

And in the details, there is plenty of difference.

You're right... but it's not because one is better than the other. In fact, I'm beginning to realize it might be the exact opposite.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I fear that if I elaborate, it will come across as either insulting or condescending. I'm trying to avoid that.

It doesn't matter if it's condescending. I assure you that I don't care enough about your personal opinion to be affected.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
What!? They aren't the same process at all. Either elaborate or stop spouting nonsense.

I agree with onemoretime on this one. Ni and Si are actually pretty similar. They both gather external perceptions and internally organize these perceptions relative to the self, thereby making them personally meaningful (or personally lack meaning).

Ni is more similar to Si than it is to any other function, that's for sure. Likewise, Si is more similar to Ni than it is to any other function. The two have their differences, clearly, but they're not in complete opposition.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Your reading comprehension is literally, zero.
Cloud, take your ENTJ hatred elsewhere.
All you cry about in this forum are ENTJs and Enneagram 8's.
And calling me an ESTJ isn't going to work.

Get a grip on yourself.

Well, Jaguar you are obviously confusing two issues here.

You.

I seen you post.

there is nothing wrong with being a sensor and a SJ.

I am wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Si is irrevocably different from Ni. They are not similar at all. Si seeks to remember sensory experiences, and adds value to those experiences, whereas Ni takes in information and draws conclusions and courses of action. Ni is about synthesizing information and creating a vision of the future, impelling us to realize goals and keeping us focused; Si is comparative and focuses solely on gauging data and information.

Ni takes in information and melds it into a shape, while Si only compares and stores data

Si remembers sensory experiences and draws conclusions.
Ni takes information abstractly (not via the senses) and draws conclusions.

Ni is about synthesizing information and creating a vision of the future.
Si is about synthesizing information and creating a vision of the past, a frame of reference for the future. Both impel one to realize goals and keep you focused.

Si is comparative, as is Ni, but Ni does it on an abstract level whereas Si does it on a concrete level.

Ni takes in information and melds it into a shape as does Si. Why do you think SJs are often conservative?

Si bases itself on the past and facts. If it's worked and is empirically based, then it's good enough to keep for the future.

Ni bases itself on symbolic concepts since it gathers it's information abstractly and thus is focused on the facts' patterns rather than the actual facts. So it theorizes of what might be the best approach in the future based on such perceived patterns.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with onemoretime on this one. Ni and Si are actually pretty similar. They both gather external perceptions and internally organize these perceptions relative to the self, thereby making them personally meaningful (or personally lack meaning).

That's like stating that lawnmowers and airplanes are the same because they both use fuel and have engines.