User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If you had more S, you would have noticed some kid's already inside the snowball... what IS that black thing embedded in the front anyhoo?
    Yeah, its a aux S, not a dominant S. Noticed it, but didnt think about it being a shoe. Logical after thought says that its not possible as you would have had to build the snowball around him or it would be like trying to drive your car with a boot on it. Plus he would have to be angled towards it if he was engulfed after the fact. Possibly the kid that owns the car that they are trying to run over with the snowball was standing in front trying to push the snowball in the other direction using a 45 degree angle to dissipate some of the force into the ground thus strengthening his position causing him to become engulfed in it instead of knocking him over and rolling over him *it is possible*. Maybe he should have tried placing his back against it to provide more surface area with his legs angled 45 degress to the ground to provide that dissipation along with the surface area needed to not become engulfed. Of course then he may get sandwhiched in half as the point his hips touch the snowball is below the snowbals 45 degree mark which would cause a downward force on him while pushing his upper body foreward causing him to fold in half.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I think it's Z.

Notice he hasn't been posting, since ...

I think it's the Sensor's reaction to that pesky N who feels that he is mentally superior to all of them.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I like your idea...I hope other Si doms answer. You might want to post this link in the SJ forum for them to participate.
    Would love to. Not sure how though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Yeah, its a aux S, not a dominant S. Noticed it, but didnt think about it being a shoe. Logical after thought says that its not possible as you would have had to build the snowball around him or it would be like trying to drive your car with a boot on it. Plus he would have to be angled towards it if he was engulfed after the fact. Possibly the kid that owns the car that they are trying to run over with the snowball was standing in front trying to push the snowball in the other direction using a 45 degree angle to dissipate some of the force into the ground thus strengthening his position causing him to become engulfed in it instead of knocking him over and rolling over him *it is possible*. Maybe he should have tried placing his back against it to provide more surface area with his legs angled 45 degress to the ground to provide that dissipation along with the surface area needed to not become engulfed. Of course then he may get sandwhiched in half as the point his hips touch the snowball is below the snowbals 45 degree mark which would cause a downward force on him while pushing his upper body foreward causing him to fold in half.
    You think too much.

(And I never said he was alive either, did I? If he's smothered in a big snowball, why does it matter how he's all folded up?)

Nope, this snowball is just yet another day on the set of Jackass. Those crazy SPs will try anything once!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I think the way Z worded it made it seem like there is an active decision-making proces occurring to evaluate/analyze, which would certainly be more in line with a judging function. However, (and he can correct me if I'm wrong), I think Z was trying to say that Si is the default/automatic placement of ones perceptions into an established, organized framework, while Ni is the default/automatic ongoing restructuring of the framework that molds ones perceptions.

Thus, there's no decisions going on once the data is perceived; that's just automatically how the data gets internalized. Both Pi functions suck in data and fit the data into some internal construct, without consciously weighing the value of different possible constructs according to some outside standards. It's all automatic.

So in that case, both Ni and Si are still seeing/identifying; Si sees/idenfitifies where new perceived data fits in with previously stored data. Ni sees/identifies the different angles by which external information can be interpreted.

Z explained this in a way that made it seem like he was personifying Ni/Si, giving them a mind so to speak, making his assertions appear like there's an active decision-making process complimenting them, but again, I don't know if that's how he meant it.
    This makes sense. Thanks.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You think too much.

(And I never said he was alive either, did I? If he's smothered in a big snowball, why does it matter how he's all folded up?)

Nope, this snowball is just yet another day on the set of Jackass. Those crazy SPs will try anything once!
    That was more like rambling, not much thought involved. IRL I am the person telling someone else to stand at a 45 degree angle knowing whats gonna happen. Then saying, oh you should have put your back against it knowing again whats gonna happen. I dont go quite as far as Jackass, of course if I was on that show *ponders*. *back to reality* my wife would kill me if I went through with my ideas anymore then I do.
    Im out, its been fun

if you describe Ni and Si in such a way, that Ni is clearly superior, and if your description is inspired by something you have observed in real people, then you are most likely being distracted by stages of development. its generally true for N and S: for example, often they say that S types can't be abstract. but abstraction is a feature of a stage of development. if S types can't abstract by definition, it would imply that N types are really evolved S types, meaning that S and N are not typological dichotomies at all. this could be possible, but i don't think its the case in this universe.

(by definition a type is a "horizontal" form, development is pictured "vertical", a type can maybe transform (rope -> butterfly) but it can't change (butterfly->grasshopper).)

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I think it's Z.

Notice he hasn't been posting, since ...

Haha, I'm at work.

It's not that convenient to post from my smartphone (but I do it).

I'll be responding when I get home tonight. That'll kinda be my M.O. from now on. Just started working again, about a month ago.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Haha, I'm at work.

It's not that convenient to post from my smartphone (but I do it).

I'll be responding when I get home tonight. That'll kinda be my M.O. from now on. Just started working again, about a month ago.
    Uh huh.

Stop dripping snow all over the threads nice hardwood floor.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Lex, while I believe I'm more on your side of this issue than not, I don't think that phrasing is all that useful either. "Same in terms of function" vs. "what they do is the same". Also sloppy language. (Please don't take this as a personal attack and go off topic, cuz it wasn't meant to be.)
    My point was that even if their process of drawing information was similar, what they do with that information and how they apply it is much different.
    Last edited by Lex Talionis; 03-31-2010 at 04:08 AM.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte