User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well, if we're doing comparisons it would make sense... and probably it'd be useful for those on the fence about their type!

however, I'm waiting for someone more motivated to do it

and this thread has WAY too few pictures for a thread mentioning Se
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Nah.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

The user brings in information, and then processes that according to some internalized framework. That's the greatest extent of their similarity.

Ni is more generative, more creative, is looking to build new frameworks, find new connections, push the boundaries, look at things from as many different perspectives as possible to find the one that will be most useful in a particular situation, and more.

Si is less generative, less creative, is looking to use an existing framework or frameworks, establish how old connections fit the current situation, keep the boundaries where they are, look at things from the same perspective (or set of perspectives -- I won't say Si users have only one perspective, cuz that would be wrong) because that perspective seems to have always worked in the past, and so on.
    The bolded is where I think you're imposing the work of the judging function onto the the perceiving one, if only just a little. If I had to pick one word to describe the irrational functions, it would be that they identify. Ne identifies connections/similarities/relationships between objects. Ni identifies the multiple pathways, perspectives, connections within the form of data. Si identifies the consistencies or inconsistencies between established data vs. new data. Se identifies where the boobies are.

The irrational functions see, the judging ones assign importance based on what you are seeing. Anytime you find your N or S making decisions about the data they're presenting you, you're experiencing the work of the judging function.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

Nah.
    That picture is N. Cant you see the kid that is about to get rolled over because he is not paying attention. The single guy who can see around the snowball is not paying attention(must be an N). Then everyone pushing it falls in laughter not even wondering if it was intentional while the kid that got run over sits there and thinks it was intentional because everyone is laughing not realizing they are laughing at the image and thought of a kid getting pummeled by a huge snowball not really laughing directly at him.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The bolded is where I think you're imposing the work of the judging function onto the the perceiving one, if only just a little.

I think the way Z worded it made it seem like there is an active decision-making proces occurring to evaluate/analyze, which would certainly be more in line with a judging function. However, (and he can correct me if I'm wrong), I think Z was trying to say that Si is the default/automatic placement of ones perceptions into an established, organized framework, while Ni is the default/automatic ongoing restructuring of the framework that molds ones perceptions.

Thus, there's no decisions going on once the data is perceived; that's just automatically how the data gets internalized. Both Pi functions suck in data and fit the data into some internal construct, without consciously weighing the value of different possible constructs according to some outside standards. It's all automatic.

So in that case, both Ni and Si are still seeing/identifying; Si sees/idenfitifies where new perceived data fits in with previously stored data. Ni sees/identifies the different angles by which external information can be interpreted.

Z explained this in a way that made it seem like he was personifying Ni/Si, giving them a mind so to speak, making his assertions appear like there's an active decision-making process complimenting them, but again, I don't know if that's how he meant it.

MBTI
    INFJ

I suggest an experiment to test out Si and Ni. I'll be creating two different posts with the same stimuli. Si users should only look at their thread prior to viewing the Ni thread and vice versa.

Science!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Btw, I'm very familiar with the similarities and the differences between the two, as I'm an Ni dom user, and my Dad is an Si dom user.

The ways in which the two manifest themselves in the world, while similar in some regards, end up being very different in many other regards.
    So is my Dad, Z.

He and I have great respect for each other since my strength is his weakness, and his strength is my weakness.
    We work very well as a team when dealing with business matters.
    That's not to say Si and Ni can't clash. Lol. We can, and do.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    That picture is N. Cant you see the kid that is about to get rolled over because he is not paying attention. The single guy who can see around the snowball is not paying attention(must be an N). Then everyone pushing it falls in laughter not even wondering if it was intentional while the kid that got run over sits there and thinks it was intentional because everyone is laughing not realizing they are laughing at the image and thought of a kid getting pummeled by a huge snowball not really laughing directly at him.
    If you had more S, you would have noticed some kid's already inside the snowball... what IS that black thing embedded in the front anyhoo?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I think it's Z.

Notice he hasn't been posting, since ...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    I suggest an experiment to test out Si and Ni. I'll be creating two different posts with the same stimuli. Si users should only look at their thread prior to viewing the Ni thread and vice versa.

Science!

I like your idea...I hope other Si doms answer. You might want to post this link in the SJ forum for them to participate.