User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Ooh interesting thought sy..makes sense to me. Ya need to get your ne on man!

Me too...I think most of us in this thread do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Yeah my Fi is bigger then my Ne though. I might be an INFP. Or have become one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

way too e to be an infp imo.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    way too e to be an infp imo.
    Yeah I guess that's true. Just a very unhealthy form of ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm sure it depends on the person but for me if I'm feeling depressed the easiest way to feel better is to go out and be around lots of people and be chatty with them or get out of town..a road trip usually but if I could I'd love to just hop on a plane and visit a new city..really just a new environment to explore or new people to engage with.
    So doing something like this is like setting up the conditions in which your Ne can become engaged?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    So doing something like this is like setting up the conditions in which your Ne can become engaged?
    sure it's not the only way but i need to be around new environments or new people or new ideas...i need to have new information coming in to make my brain start going off in overdrive happy enthusiastic mode.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    When a teen I would do this sort of fixation a lot and feel real bad. I would then try and identify what exactly it was that was bothering me-why did I feel bad? Then come up with a specific plan to address.

If it is short term reading a good book will help, or anything to help remove the stressful thoughts. Long term-reflecting on what is important to accomplish in the next three months-not today. Then plan for that.

My job has been very hard the last year. In January I made a very clear choice to emotionally detach. I still try and work hard but I wont work 60 weeks and get up at 3 am everyday to try and duct tape issues together. I let stuff fall through the cracks at times understanding the system is broken.

It's real hard as i know those problems will end up on someone else's back and I used to feel very guilty, but I couldnt handle the emo burden anymore.

Thank you Lady X and Happy Puppy.

brainheart

This thread has really affected me, in a way no other threads have. I was feeling really down about it this morning, about this Si hiding I've been doing for years. And it's so true- what others say about how quickly things change once your Ne is engaged- I become so on, so right- awed, inspired, energetic, capable. Me.

It also got me thinking about Te/Ti. And Fi. The thinking side of me does not feel healthy or natural, just like the Si. It seems like something I think I'm supposed to be, not what I really am. But it's this role I've been playing for years and years. My dad's an ISTJ, and I can just feel myself, often, being him- like his costume is draped over me and I'm exercising the same restraint, obsessing over things I really, in all honesty, don't care about. But it's hiding. It's playing it safe.

I have gone through so much personality assessing/evaluating ever since I had a bipolar episode three years ago. It's like I'm inspecting the bomb fragments to get an accurate picture of the whole- when if I were to just look at the whole, it would probably make a lot more sense to me. (Shitty metaphor. Sorry...)

Oh, I am feeling like I am in a seriously weird place right now...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

The OP is pure gold. Very nice. Thanks for the post.