User Tag List

First 1234 Last

brainheart

Disturbing. This is how I've been a good chunk of the last ten years. Why I'm on mood stabilizers and all. How the hell can you be an ENTP and live a normal life and use your strengths and be happy?

I love how being a stay at home mom (which is what I am) is pretty much the domain of my least functions... (Not that I do it like that, but there is always that pressure... if I were more like this, I would be the right sort of wife and mom... I don't think it exactly helps that my mother-in-law is an ISFJ.)

(I do relate to the ITP and IFP ones as well, though- but not as much. My Si, Te, and Fe all suck- although my Fe is definitely improving.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Very good and quite accurate. I especially like the part where it compares the ENP's expression of inferior Si to the ISJ's of inferior Ne. It's dead on.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

I dont recognize any of this....Not sure what they are talking about.

I did see that called out Si fixation on tasks. What about the actual object or situation which is causing the stress? I will fins I cant stop thinking about the situation. Like Si fixes it in my mind and lets Ne play out thousands of possible scenarios. It's horrible.

sammy

G'lord it's accurate. I'm currently going through somewhat of a "depressive" phase, acquired after having to make some major decisions with huge consequences (losing a chunk of my social network, as well). As a result, I've lost a lot of my natural optimism, and like Trinity said, I like being insanely optimistic, too!

That's really funny about the ENTP guy noticing that thing about his eye for the first time. I just had a similar experience not too long ago about my eye! Thank goodness for google to satiate curiosity and unusual body-awareness.

WOW. I am in the midst of it right now, and I can't really see any way out. I have almost zero interest in the what I usually love (trying new things, spending time with people, intense physical experiences, discussing new ideas). I try making these weird routines for myself and I feel a little better for a short while but then everything becomes a mess and I get really frustrated with myself for being so unfocused and disorganized. I have found myself in a similar thick hopeless cloud at other times in the past, but I can't even tell what got me out of it. Or can't remember. Or can hardly remember being any other way.

What else have you found helpful, ENFPs/ENTPs? Are you usually able to identify what is causing it? Do you try to change the situation or try to change yourself, or do you just let things run their course?

I have scheduled an appointment to talk things over with a counselor, although the soonest available is April 28th. And I am trying to force myself to do those things that usually give me energy and a sense of wholeness. I just don't know, though, because it seems to be a combination of two situations that I can't really control entirely (i.e. I could control my "attitude" or make superficial changes, but, for the time being, I'm somewhat stuck). Or maybe I just PERCEIVE that I cannot change anything. I don't even know...

Advice, pls.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I don't relate to the body-focus thing at all. But I do get the whole start-organizing my house in way too much detail thing which I burn out on really quickly, accomplishing nothing and focussing on stupid irrelevant details coz they give me security. And god, the time-obsession. I'm soooo oblivious to time normally that when I'm stressed, I'm constantly making sure I still have time and worry about getting things done coz I suck at time management and I know it, meanwhile losing precious time obsessing over it

Edit: I do have that typical female illness where you focus on *every* little detail that's wrong with your appearance/body. Does that count?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

^ interesting that it seems you relate to the IFP one more.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    WOW. I am in the midst of it right now, and I can't really see any way out. I have almost zero interest in the what I usually love (trying new things, spending time with people, intense physical experiences, discussing new ideas). I try making these weird routines for myself and I feel a little better for a short while but then everything becomes a mess and I get really frustrated with myself for being so unfocused and disorganized. I have found myself in a similar thick hopeless cloud at other times in the past, but I can't even tell what got me out of it. Or can't remember. Or can hardly remember being any other way.
    totally get that.

Are you usually able to identify what is causing it?
    Not always, like I said earlier I can notice the symptoms of stress before I even realise I'm stressed at times and if it leads into depression then there's a good chance it's not some immediate trigger that's causing me problems but something deeper. That requires spending time trying to figure out the cause.

Do you try to change the situation or try to change yourself, or do you just let things run their course?
    If the stress gets to the point of bringing on depression I don't believe it will go away until the cause is dealt with.

What else have you found helpful, ENFPs/ENTPs?
    Engage your Ne like Lady X said, dealing with the cause and talking about it with someone who will understand/can help is great but until you can try to do the things that you said you have no interest in, things that involve changing environments, different people, light-fun activities, whatever your Ne loves, it won't fix anything but it will help lighten the depressive feelings.

Aw thanks, Trinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Engage your Ne like Lady X said, dealing with the cause and talking about it with someone who will understand/can help is great but until you can try to do the things that you said you have no interest in, things that involve changing environments, different people, light-fun activities, whatever your Ne loves, it won't fix anything but it will help lighten the depressive feelings.
    How exactly does one engage the Ne? Is it those things I mentioned, like discussing new ideas with people or putting myself in new situations? Or I guess what I mean is, what specifically IS the Ne? I'm still learning about what the functions mean exactly...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Aw thanks, Trinity.

How exactly does one engage the Ne? Is it those things I mentioned, like discussing new ideas with people or putting myself in new situations? Or I guess what I mean is, what specifically IS the Ne? I'm still learning about what the functions mean exactly...
    I'm sure it depends on the person but for me if I'm feeling depressed the easiest way to feel better is to go out and be around lots of people and be chatty with them or get out of town..a road trip usually but if I could I'd love to just hop on a plane and visit a new city..really just a new environment to explore or new people to engage with.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

I wonder if it's possible for an ENP (or any other time for that matter) to have been in shadow mode for most of their life.

I read those things and I kinda see my life described lol
    Would also help explain why ENP enthusiasm is so alien to me. I'm rarely enthusiastic about anything.