User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Good post. Accurate.
    Some describe feeling as if all their emotions are all mixed up, released with uncharacteristic spontaneity. I start to notice my own feelings and become moody and impatient; I deny to others that anything is wrong, but all the while I feel like I am drowning in emotions.....Some Introverted Thinking types say they cannot truly understand something in the Feeling arena if they haven't actually experienced it.

The underlined portion provides a tug of war. I've found myself, once understanding an emotional experience, a responsibility towards utilizing that knowledge and that begins a love/hate relationship with it. Almost wanting to go back to emotional ignorance. Less internally stressful.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

The problem with ITPs is that they have trouble understanding Fe and how to properly convey their emotions without looking like they are being irrational and illogical. ITPs have to understand that it's ok to be illogical or irrational and having a strong feeling about something is more of a reason in itself to follow through with your emotions. It's a balancing act that only becomes prevalent in adulthood. ISTPs aux Ni though is much better at following through than INTPs aux Si. Since ISTPs Aux Ni will most likely follow through with something quicker without gathering every single fact.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow, much of that is scarily true for me, especially these parts:

Introverted Thinking types report becoming illogical, inefficient, unfocused, and scattered. An INTP described becoming �emotional, edgy, disorganized, obsessive about details, confused, closed. Usually I am easygoing, centered, and creative and see lots of options

I lack the mental energy and clarity that I ordinarily maintain. I'm not able to concentrate at all. I become completely illogical

For INTPs, tertiary Sensing takes the form of an obsessive review of the facts and details that prove that others neglect the INTPs needs and feelings.

Introverted Thinking types in the grip of inferior Extraverted Feeling may become passionately insistent on the application of logic, becoming quite emotional about their approach. As an extension of their loss of control over the Thinking function, the Introverted Thinking type begins to engage in excessively logical, unproductive thinking. There may be an obsessive quality to this thinking.

If a problem comes up that I'm unable to resolve, I work at it anyway and can't let go of it, even if I know I can't solve it

ISTPs and INTPs valiantly try to hide their formerly alien concerns with being liked and appreciated. In this unfamiliar state, they over-interpret or misinterpret others' innocent comments or body language.

Some relive childhood feelings of being extremely different from other children, marching to a different and unacceptable drummer, often with no clue about how others see things.

Often they report not knowing or being able to describe a feeling at the time it is occurring.

They fear that once in the realm of intense emotion, they may become possessed by it and never be able to get out.

Feeling judgment seems to become increasingly exaggerated and obsessive, reaching a point where it no longer serves a judging purpose but becomes unbridled emotionalism. �I am 'hysterical.' I believe that nobody likes me and I am worthless . . . [and] have nothing to contribute to society. Whereas normally I am very happy to be alone, when I am 'not myself' I seek affirmation from everyone.

When the contents of this normally unconscious, primitive function rise to the surface, they appear as a loss of control over emotional expression. There are reports of irritability and difficulty in holding back frustration and anger.

With greater loss of control, Introverted Thinking types can burst into tears with no warning. One wrong word can trigger an emotional outburst accompanied by rage, crying, and rising emotionality.

Some Introverted Thinking types say they cannot truly understand something in the Feeling arena if they haven�t actually experienced it. As a result, when they are in the grip of their inferior function, they find that emotions from others are upsetting and only intensify the magnitude of the situation.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Yep, I also agree with the general sentiment here. In fact, I found myself bursting into tears just yesterday.

A story about what happens to a stressed ITP:
    I moved into my first dorm for my first year of college last Sunday and that was quite stressful. Not knowing anyone in the city sucks and I don't like to meet new people, but I told myself I was gonna be fine and meet people whether I stressed about it or not. Over the next few days, my computer broke down and I had to give it to a repair shop, which again was fine and manageable. Day 1 of class was Thursday and went fine. Friday, I woke up with a fever and nausea and that sucked a bunch. I had to go to class anyways because there were two that I hadn't been to yet. I figured it was just a 24 hour illness of some sort and that I would be fine for the weekend. Next day, I woke up with chicken pox (not itchy but still probably contagious) so I couldn't go meet people or use my computer or really eat anything because I have no kitchen and the cafeteria contains other people who are susceptible to disease. Sunday, the same thing happened and I couldn't eat much, began to feel very weak. Luckily, my close friend (INTJ if it matters) moved into town to go to a different school, but in the same small town and she brought me some bread and soup and things to keep my strength up. Monday, I had to miss classes which, although bad by itself, was exacerbated by my lacking of a computer in that i couldn't follow along with the class or do anything at all. Later that day, I got a call from my mom to check up on me and let me know that I had accidentally overdrawn a bunch of money from my checking account and had somehow misread the online balance. That was the last straw for me. It made me feel completely incompetent; "I can't even read a bank balance, what the fuck am I doing in college?" was the main thought, though in hindsight completely irrational. I just burst into tears while on the phone. It was embarrassing. I spent the next several hours pacing my little dorm, angrily grumbling to myself. The reaction to heaps of stress was pretty much exactly how the OP described, but maybe not quite so extreme as the "extreme" examples.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Wow, much of that is scarily true for me, especially these parts:

Introverted Thinking types report becoming illogical, inefficient, unfocused, and scattered. An INTP described becoming �emotional, edgy, disorganized, obsessive about details, confused, closed. Usually I am easygoing, centered, and creative and see lots of options

I lack the mental energy and clarity that I ordinarily maintain. I'm not able to concentrate at all. I become completely illogical

For INTPs, tertiary Sensing takes the form of an obsessive review of the facts and details that prove that others neglect the INTPs needs and feelings.

Introverted Thinking types in the grip of inferior Extraverted Feeling may become passionately insistent on the application of logic, becoming quite emotional about their approach. As an extension of their loss of control over the Thinking function, the Introverted Thinking type begins to engage in excessively logical, unproductive thinking. There may be an obsessive quality to this thinking.

If a problem comes up that I'm unable to resolve, I work at it anyway and can't let go of it, even if I know I can't solve it

ISTPs and INTPs valiantly try to hide their formerly alien concerns with being liked and appreciated. In this unfamiliar state, they over-interpret or misinterpret others' innocent comments or body language.

Some relive childhood feelings of being extremely different from other children, marching to a different and unacceptable drummer, often with no clue about how others see things.

Often they report not knowing or being able to describe a feeling at the time it is occurring.

They fear that once in the realm of intense emotion, they may become possessed by it and never be able to get out.

Feeling judgment seems to become increasingly exaggerated and obsessive, reaching a point where it no longer serves a judging purpose but becomes unbridled emotionalism. �I am 'hysterical.' I believe that nobody likes me and I am worthless . . . [and] have nothing to contribute to society. Whereas normally I am very happy to be alone, when I am 'not myself' I seek affirmation from everyone.

When the contents of this normally unconscious, primitive function rise to the surface, they appear as a loss of control over emotional expression. There are reports of irritability and difficulty in holding back frustration and anger.

With greater loss of control, Introverted Thinking types can burst into tears with no warning. One wrong word can trigger an emotional outburst accompanied by rage, crying, and rising emotionality.

Some Introverted Thinking types say they cannot truly understand something in the Feeling arena if they haven�t actually experienced it. As a result, when they are in the grip of their inferior function, they find that emotions from others are upsetting and only intensify the magnitude of the situation.
    The "different" ticking of the drum thing is very apparent for me I always found I worked at a different pace than other people, this is something I've struggled and learned to adapt to. It's very strange in a way because I am either very dependent on other people of very independent of other people I can't really find a balance. For example If I can't figure out what a boss wants at work I have to always ask questions to find out, on the same token if there is no mutual connection I become disconnected, independent and self serving. Picking up new skills has always been somewhat of a problem as well, however over time unlike most people I have a tendency to master that skill in the long run.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The "different" ticking of the drum thing is very apparent for me I always found I worked at a different pace than other people, this is something I've struggled and learned to adapt to. It's very strange in a way because I am either very dependent on other people of very independent of other people I can't really find a balance. For example If I can't figure out what a boss wants at work I have to always ask questions to find out, on the same token if there is no mutual connection I become disconnected, independent and self serving. Picking up new skills has always been somewhat of a problem as well, however over time unlike most people I have a tendency to master that skill in the long run.
    This is so much like me. I think I've put people off by asking too many questions. I think some people underestimate my abilities and intelligence as a result. I seem to ask questions where other people just regard it as simple common sense as to what to do whereas I think its important to consider that other angle. On the other hand, there are some common sense knowledge and skills that I clearly lack and I do need to ask questions here to make sure I understand it properly.

I guess you could say my abilities and learning is rather uneven. I can be either really fast or really slow to grasp new skills. Skills related to the physical or social realm will take me longer to pick up than most people although once I grasp it, I've really grasped it for good. Sometimes I can start out slow but all of a sudden things just sort of click and I suddenly show an enormous improvement and can end up ahead of others when I started behind.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne