User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hmm...I don't do the 'gaming' thing anymore, so don't know most of what's being talked about!! (Paladin? Mage? what??????)

But when the original Nintendo came out, continuing on through Super Nintendo, I was totally into it. I spent countless hours playing -- mostly solo, although I was **really** into, and competitive, with SuperMarioKart. My brother and I would play it all the time, and esp. got into Battle Mode by the end. To this day, I still love that game. The original one, that is. ;-)

Favorite games were of course the super mario ones, the zelda ones, metroid, super pitfall, faxanadu, kid icarus...those types.

And I guess in my mid teens when computer games started having better graphics, I enjoyed a few of the Kings Quest ones, and Zork Nemesis (I think that was the name?), and a silly little game called Loom... but it was so cute and fun...;-)

These days the only computer game I'm obsessive with is Freecell. Sigh.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Hmm...I don't do the 'gaming' thing anymore, so don't know most of what's being talked about!! (Paladin? Mage? what??????)
    Why D&D of course

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, fantasy RPs in general...but yes.

Mage=Magic-user.

Paladin is a holy knight, usually with heal. Actually, they had these in WarCraft II, if I remember correctly.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Why D&D of course

Ahh...how silly of me. :-)

I think it's fairly obvious now that I never got into D&D....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Neither did I. I just...picked it up through osmosis or something.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Oh looky here I have smite non D&D player twice a day.

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Geek and nerd are gender neutral.
    Thank you... that's what I thought.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    How does this compare to the experiences of others:

Typically, what I do first is try to go through normally without a walkthrough. Then I'll be a little confused after the first level or so because I missed some things the first time through, and I'll start a new game to catch them. Then I'll usually get to the last few stages or so, and get so frustrated by something that I finally read a walkthrough, or else I manage to finish without one. Then I go back and read a walkthrough, and start a new game to get/do as many of the things I missed the first time as I can.
    That's interesting. I think depending on the game, a walkthrough will seem like cheating or it'll seem like the only way to get ahead. For instance, fantasy games that have a TON of stuff to do and quests to complete and things to get will have me using a walkthrough the entire time. I just don't want to have missed some uber piece of gear that was sitting in a chest somewhere in a corner of the dungeon I've never seen. However, it is fun to try to go through stuff by myself every once in a while...just to be sure my brain IS functioning enough to solve the puzzles on my own.

But with any other kind of game, I'll consider a walkthrough as a cheat. Even MMOs don't have me looking at guides unless I'm 1) really tired or 2) really stuck and frustrated. I do love going into enemy camps and trying to sneak around and find the "easy" way in.

And I have been known to use cheats in games. But usually it's when I'm at the end of the game or I've played it before and I just feel like pushing the system to see how far and fast I can go.

I'm really one to solo in most games. Though I do love multiplayer games that are based more on fun rather than competition. In MMOs, I don't mind teaming up every once in a while, but I honestly prefer to team up with people I know well...doing so with strangers is something I've found a little draining and boring. At least with friends we know each others' play styles enough that we can allow for looser gameplay and spend as much time joking around as actually getting the job done.

MBTI
    INTP

My EsFP brother loves video games. Especially those multi role playing games, like maplestory and gunz. My ENFP bff also loves gaming, particularly Final Fantasy and DDR. I'm an introvert, and I don't care much for video games.
    Morgenstern ach scheine auf die liebste meine

MBTI
    ISTx

I have a female friend who is an ENFP and she's all about Street Fighter II. haha