Thread: Post Filtration

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Interesting.

Similarly, I wonder how women with cutesie usernames feel.
    Avatars as well.. I would say that has more influence on me than Type..

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yup, I prefer to have no type listed cause it impacts on how people that don't know you interact with you. I've legitimately gone through INTJ, INTP and ENTP as well having ESTP and ENFP listed as my type on MBTI forums and the way people responded to me changed.

It's not always a bad thing, more interesting to see, although annoyingly the worst judgements based solely on type that I've been on the receiving end of are when I've had ENTP in my type :steam:
    Yeah. I had to laugh when a newbie made an offensive remark having to do with the advice I gave in my post epitomising the micromanagement-mindedness of the ENTJ. If he'd have been around long enough he would have seen that I've been an INFP, INTP, ENFP, ENTP, INTJ and an ENTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

One of the things I've noticed with some users is the similar reactions to Fi and Te...they categorize similar behavior (being nasty, confrontational or reactive) as negative...but prescribe different reasons for it. Because of this, I just wonder if what I do that's been called "Fi whining" would just as easily be called "Te stubborness" if I changed my type to ENTJ and ditched the cat avatar.

I further wonder this because people said when they saw my video they were surprised my voice didn't sound "screechy" or whatever because of my cat avatars. I sometimes wonder how much people are talking to my posts, and how much they're talking to my MBTI type description or my avatar.

I know I too am guilty of this, I don't hold myself exempt of reacting to people's types or avatars.

MBTI
    INFP

Thank you for your response, marmalade. I knew I wasn't alone in my observation and appreciate your contribution.

I agree about the Fi whining/Te stubborness thing. When I was typed as an INFP, I would get mad because the generalisations people attributed to me were so incorrect. Now, with the generalisations that come with being an ENTJ, I just shrug because it's rather true.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Added: Alternately, do any of you see a pattern in how people respond to your posts? As if they're seeing the type and not you?
    Towards myself, I find this response most likely from TPs. (Yes, I realize the irony potiential in that statement.) But it's not a universal with TP, just some.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    One of the things I've noticed with some users is the similar reactions to Fi and Te...they categorize similar behavior (being nasty, confrontational or reactive) as negative...but prescribe different reasons for it. Because of this, I just wonder if what I do that's been called "Fi whining" would just as easily be called "Te stubborness" if I changed my type to ENTJ and ditched the cat avatar.

I further wonder this because people said when they saw my video they were surprised my voice didn't sound "screechy" or whatever because of my cat avatars. I sometimes wonder how much people are talking to my posts, and how much they're talking to my MBTI type description or my avatar.

I know I too am guilty of this, I don't hold myself exempt of reacting to people's types or avatars.
    You know...I think when I first joined people thought I was hyper due to my avatars or writing style and my type possibly but I think people get to know ya a bit more after you're here awhile and pay less attention to that stuff...maybe.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... I was looking through old rep comments the other day and noticed that I got a lot of comments while ESTP commenting on how people were surprized that I didn't sound like an idiot every time I typed an answer to something or when I wasn't a total jackass

I noticed after I changed it to N there weren't any more comments on intelligence made, though the shock at not being a total jackass sometimes were still made

I think the environment has changed some now though, I'm not getting NEARLY as many "OMG you're not drooling on the keyboard!" type comments anymore!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I usually only check out the post if I think that the person typing is nuts... then I see what type crazy people are!
    Same here. I usually notice a poster's type only if:

1) someone seems nuts
    2) someone says something unusually mean/nice about a particular type
    3) it's a thread for one particular type, and someone's response seems totally out of the blue. You know, threads like "ESTJs, what do you think about..." and there's this nice ESTJ synchronicity going on, when there's suddenly a vehement response that goes against the flow, and sure enough, it's an INFP or something.

That actually kind of annoys me. I think it's inconsiderate to do so without explicitly identifying that you're not actually of the specified type. Normally I don't pay much attention to people's types, though. I question how many of us have correctly identified our types, anyway.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    You know, threads like "ESTJs, what do you think about..." and there's this nice ESTJ synchronicity going on, when there's suddenly a vehement response that goes against the flow, and sure enough, it's an INFP or something.
    YES. So, so true. And yeah, I have the same reaction with things like that. Usually, I read the post, and then I check out their type right afterwards. But I always check type.

But in response to the OP: I've gotten a bunch of comments from people since I joined about how I'm "adorable" and such, and I think most of that comes from them knowing I'm an ESTJ. Something about Thinkers who are softies/have marshmallow centers, I think.

I actually have the same reaction with INTx people on this site, when they say something sweet. If they were Feelers, I wouldn't react nearly the same way. But since they list themselves as introverted thinkers, I go "Aww!!!! "
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!