• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type of the ideal school student?

G

Ginkgo

You could find any reason for any type either being a cretin or a saint in academia. You might say that an INTJ would make an ideal student, but if the INTJ deems the system (whether it be homeschooling, public schooling, charter schooling, etc.) obsolete or inferior, then they may reject it with zeal. You could also probably find a reason for a "lazy" INXP dropout like Einstein to accept the system for whatever personal or logical leverage they may find. However, I'm too lazy to elaborate. ;)

Am I the only person who sees the mass of variables here? What defines an "ideal" student is reliant upon what defines an "ideal" school or teacher. Beyond that, whatever adaptation one may form in each others' presence. It's kind of like the government. The government is established for the will of the people, and the people, though manifold, are heavily influenced by the government. So there is no "ideal" anything because everything is ideal for its purpose. Hopefully that makes sense.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
ESTJ.

They:

- are usually good at picking up on what's expected in a given environment
- have the tools to succeed both academically and socially
- tend to be efficient
- are interested in things that make sense

The most talented ESTJs can fit in without getting lost in the crowd and excel without causing problems or dragging others down.

I'd also entertain arguments for ISTJ or ESFJ. I'm sure there are exceptional NFs, NTs, and SPs who could delight their teachers and administrators, but I think SJs are a much safer bet. I think all types appreciate the reliability exhibited by capable SJs.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like in this STJ-influenced culture, the ideal student is an ISTJ, because they'll sit quietly and learn and remember everything they were taught. (They are also the "good children" for SJ parents).
I imagine ISFJ would be good as well, though since the learning will appeal to T more than F, the ISTJ will probably take things in more.

INTJ might be similar on the surface, but they are more pragmatic (NT), which might cause some problems, such as possibly thinking they know more than the teacher at times.

sculpting

Many school teachers are ESFJs. (however my 14 yo enfp sons best teacher ever was this crazy enfp lady who had drums all over the classroom and let him play with legos under his desk between assignments)

Thus I'd assume SFJ or SJ kids would have the easiest time.

Funny thing I watched recently. We had an ENFJ guy teaching the DISC behavorial tool. The ENTPs were acting out and heckling him. The were being quite BAD but having fun and making everyone laugh. The ENTPs are all over 40.... poor ENFJ guy.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't think E's are perfect for school because they want to socialize too much. ESFJs can end up being bossy, too, which isn't really that great.

As I said, IxxJ is the best just for "quiet, do the right stuff" part of it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ. Charismatic, hardworking and unlikely to question the system.

An ExTP would likely become a nightmare (Think Louis Stevens).