User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Your shadow

It's time for a reality check.
    Let's take out the letters ESTJ and INFP from the quote and here is what you have:

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, characteristics are:
    • withdrawing and wanting to be alone
    • having intense emotions, that may or may not be expressed
    • being very sensitive to criticism
    • attributing unrealistic negative meaning to others actions or statements

The above could be said of any human being walking the earth.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It's time for a reality check.
    Let's take out the letters ESTJ and INFP from the quote and here is what you have:

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, characteristics are:
    • withdrawing and wanting to be alone
    • having intense emotions, that may or may not be expressed
    • being very sensitive to criticism
    • attributing unrealistic negative meaning to others actions or statements

The above could be said of any human being walking the earth.
    quiet you! you might ruin the forer effect for everyone! Its bad enough you wrote that post on santa claus

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post

Often, hobbies reflect the shadow side for just this purpose. Intuitives take up counted cross stitch, growing orchids, building domino mazes to use Sensing. Sensing types decide they want to travel or take an adult ed course, or...my mother-in-law at age 60 joined community theater. Thinking types work on relationships or play pick-up basketball with a group of friends. Feeling types do Sudoku or read mysteries...
    Thank you for your insight but just how does one's hobbies reflect on their shadow. Personally i think the above is just too ambiguous and speculative, for example -
    I planted my podded peas in the garden the other weekend along with my mustard leafs, coriander, tomato plants etc to try and calm myself . I have tried cross stitching in the past but got bored (Again) so at present i am knitting a line, hopefully it will be a scarf one day (I'm kidding myself, I'll quit). I love to travel, see new sights etc and i love stimulating my brain so i am looking at taking a course in British Sign Language (Just because) and lastly Sudoku, it is on my work phone so i play it from time to time but only to keep my brain sharp and i promise i am not competitive with myself at all .. Me trying to beat my own time, lol.

At the end of the day, my hobbies are the things i enjoy be it to bring me some kind of inner peace, to exercise my mind or to visit beautiful sights.
    Hmmm
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Thank you for your insight but just how does one's hobbies reflect on their shadow. Personally i think the above is just too ambiguous and speculative, for example -
    I planted my podded peas in the garden the other weekend along with my mustard leafs, coriander, tomato plants etc to try and calm myself . I have tried cross stitching in the past but got bored (Again) so at present i am knitting a line, hopefully it will be a scarf one day (I'm kidding myself, I'll quit). I love to travel, see new sights etc and i love stimulating my brain so i am looking at taking a course in British Sign Language (Just because) and lastly Sudoku, it is on my work phone so i play it from time to time but only to keep my brain sharp and i promise i am not competitive with myself at all .. Me trying to beat my own time, lol.

At the end of the day, my hobbies are the things i enjoy be it to bring me some kind of inner peace, to exercise my mind or to visit beautiful sights.
    Hmmm
    you stilll sound ESFJ...just saying