• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An enigma! Any ideas?

oxymoron

Here goes..I was wondering if my boyfriend can be typed? He is quite complex!
I can give a few pointers..
He loves technical fields and loves giving advice. He is practical, objective, plays devils advocate and likes to see all sides of the picture. He is opinionated and could have a raging arguement if his beliefs are being forced to change. At times he wont even bother to see the other persons perspective, since he wants them to see his. It takes time to notice when the other person feels angry or slighted but when he does, he is quick to apologize, ask if they are OK and change his tactic. However, he is forceful in his opinions and doesnt like to "agree to disagree".
He comes across as warm and heart centered and is actually a caring person. He loves to help people so they can support eachother and is very tactful-careful not to hurt others feelings, since "people can be sensitive". In the meyers briggs career book, he chose answers that were mostly F over T. Then again, he knows I liked those answers.
He does use logic a lot, and while he claims he has strong emotions, he can have a hard time expressing them and describing them. He doesnt identify with negative emotions as much though(sad, angry afraid) and they are more passing. He is thick skinned and doesnt let things bother him if hes insulted. He doesnt come across as cold though. He likes to make others comfortable and considers himself very outgoing and friendly. He is not an open book. He loves being around people and likes being the center of attention, but he can spend a whole weekend alone as well to recharge from a hard workweek. He tries to be easygoing when it comes to other people, (sometimes isnt!) and has an easy time with decisions, after he gets all the information he can to make one. He is very detail oriented in logic, but in general he is more disorganized. He is very loyal and commited. He is also romantic in a relationship, to the point that it seems awkward. He likes to mirror people and he understands others intuitively right away and wants to understand the world around him. He is creative. He has a hard time getting too personal about himself and his feelings and would change the topic to something more "light."-he is afraid of getting too intimate. He has a hard time answering personal questions about himself, and will say-what do you mean, it depends, and will give a theoretical example. He says that his heart goes out to those who are not as fortunate. He likes to do is work first, but it relaxed when it comes to having different options open. He hates classifying people. He has a serious side but is very spontaneous and likes doing crazy things at times. He is very good socially, but not super smooth. He has 2 sides to him-very sweet, good listener, and sincere, but also, forceful and opinionated and "macho". He doesnt come across as genuine or authentic in an emotional standpoint. He likes to have knowledge to be prepared, and makes decisions both in a T-whatever makes the most sense, and F-whatever is good for other people mode. He couldnt distinguish between the 2, to what his default is.
Any ideas?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He honestly sounds like an ESTP to me.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I was thinking TP as well. Strong introverted judging gives a tendancy to form opinions. A low order Fe gives the desire to interact with people, but not always with any great subtlety! TP are sometimes over concerned about other opinions.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP, I know a guy very much like that, he'd probably score as a feeler despite being hardcore Ti material on the inside.