Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I figure you of all people will be tolerant.
    Not of Fe!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Not of Fe!
    You slay me. This is some tainted love here.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

in another thread it was clear and visible a media source used the term 'far right'. then, some posts mentioned we are more polarized than ever and even may fall into civil war. well, i'm guessin, the media has no children or doesn't give a crap when they decide to add such terms to stuff that really isn't all that relevant to what is more important going on in the first place. then, i wondered if anyone caught that polarizing method used by the 'far left' media to create more seperation of folks by their use of added terms. then, i wondered if the media even realizes what they are doing. then, i wondered if those who posted on that thread even seen the big picture and realized it is the media that creates more polarization of folks. then, by reading one of the posts in this thread (well done nanook), i wondered if i was theorising to much into what i believe is the truth in my wonderments.
    idk, somethin like that
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Slight aside :

Intuition seems to manifest quite often as randomly smiling at myself at something that has happened, or may happen, but has no particular relevance to the surroundings of the now.
    +1

I build up humorous situations in my head... they may revolve around witty banter between myself and another person, repartee or practical jokes... and I'll smile to myself or chuckle. My friend always know when I have something stewing in my head... I smile while trying not to so my face looks this --> and then I get told to blurt out what I'm thinking.

Conversely, I'll walk past a relatively every-day scenario (e.g. streetlamp on pavement... people working nearby... cars driving past), envisage the absolute worst freak-accident that could happen... down to the very last detail of every single thing that could go wrong and cringe.

Both of the above happen a lot.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I didn't create anything. To me, it looked like a couple of SJs (you and Saslou) wandered into a thread and snidely dismissed the self-report of Ns.
    And there lies the problem in itself .. It looked like .. wait, let me check to see if you PM'd me to find out exactly what i meant by my comment .. NOPE .. So instead you jumped to assumptions .. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    I know saslou IRL.. and she was joking .. her sense of humor is a little out there.. with her you always have to read between the lines..
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Exactly.
    If you don't know me, then ask what i mean. If you can't see that i have a sense of humour, that is not my problem .. You deal with it.

Thanks though for your insight to the OP
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    If you don't know me, then ask what i mean. If you can't see that i have a sense of humour, that is not my problem .. You deal with it.
    That cover-your-ass game doesn't work on people like me, cookie. You deal with it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

That cover-your-ass game doesn't work on people like me, cookie. You deal with it.
    No thank you as i don't have to deal with shit. If YOU don't like what i had to say, oh well.

Now are you going to be proactive and add something of relevance or not?

“I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

People have interpreted personal experience in somewhat mystical terms long before MBTI. Part of the reason for it has to do with the human mind's drive towards finding pattern and meaning. We can reconstruct memory in light of recent events by emphasizing some points and dismissing others to create connections and patterns. In the context of MBTI this tends to lean in the direction of iNtuition probably Feeling moreso than Thinking.

I have a clear memory of talking to my mother on the phone strongly recommending she get a mammogram. I felt unusually strongly about it and kept after her because I knew she was resistant. She made the appointment and found out she had breast cancer. I remember this series of events as being intuitive on my part. Was it? Or was the experience of fearing for my mother's life and feeling powerless enough motivation to subconsciously reconstruct my memory in such a way to imply that I had at least some intuitive power over the situation? It is true I made the phone call, but maybe I had mentioned it to her other times. Maybe statistically I got one right where I had many other feelings and insights that never proved helpful which were conveniently forgotten.

I think the danger of taking a mystical approach in the context of MBTI is that it creates a dividing line that can be exclusionary to a greater extreme than most of the dichotomies set up. Either a person is magical and mystical or they are not. It also implies greater power of some sort - and always has from time immemorial. Because the claim itself is suspicious, it implies the possibility of something distinctly unfair in terms of categorizing people. The actual descriptions in some MBTI literature support this divide, but that doesn't make it free of being suspect and problematic.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post

Now are you going to be proactive and add something of relevance or not?
    I slipped on ice and fell down.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I slipped on ice and fell down.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe