User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Slight aside :

Intuition seems to manifest quite often as randomly smiling at myself at something that has happened, or may happen, but has no particular relevance to the surroundings of the now.
    that's the dangerous hallmark of N humor...
    edcoaching

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I didn't create anything. To me, it looked like a couple of SJs (you and Saslou) wandered into a thread and snidely dismissed the self-report of Ns.

For the record, I never said there was anything "mystical" or spiritual or whatever about my experiences.
    I know saslou IRL.. and she was joking .. her sense of humor is a little out there.. with her you always have to read between the lines.. as for promoteamix(sic) yeah.. it sounds like sour grapes.

To me, it looked like a couple of SJs (you and Saslou) wandered into a thread and snidely dismissed the self-report of Ns.
    Exactly.

Enneagram
    1w2

I didn't create anything. To me, it looked like a couple of SJs (you and Saslou) wandered into a thread and snidely dismissed the self-report of Ns.

For the record, I never said there was anything "mystical" or spiritual or whatever about my experiences.
    You really take your membership at The Intuitive Club seriously, dontcha? Read what I wrote. I made a general comment. If I wanted to address you personally I would've quoted you.

I gave examples of what I think are intuition. Sorry, no stories of spectres appearing in front of me. Well I do have one story.

During Snowpacalypse a few weeks ago I had this eerie feeling that if I go outside I might slip on a patch of ice. Damned if I didn't fall! Another example is I sometimes have these screeching and bloodcurdling auditory hallucinations whenever I read one of your posts. I wish I was joking but I'm not. I hear things when I read some people's posts that let's me know how I feel about them.

I know it sounds :crazy: but I swear it's the truth.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I think you guys are making intuition sound too mystical.

I got this from another thread and this woman has intrigued me.

Brooksley Born. I think she was using intuition in a very real world practical way by connecting the dots. The Warning | FRONTLINE | PBS Video

For a fictional account of the same thing, Spike Lee's movie Inside Man is another example. Even though the characters may not be intuitive, it's about intuition and seeing patterns from disparate pieces of information.
    Thanks for that link. I LOVE frontline. She's very INTJ to me, so that's Ni. Ni not caring what others think, only driving toward the truth, in the face of all odds. To get to that point with the derivatives exposure, she had to put lots of pieces and loose ends together, to come to a final conclusion, and when she did, there was no pushing her over; she was final, sure, dogmatic, about what she knew and had discovered. It wasn't mystical from the point of view of being an other-worldly thought, yet it was extremely original that she was able to say, "hey, this problem is going to lead to much bigger problems." And to say it in the face of every expert asserting the opposite, is quite something. Maybe not mystical, but ............ I'm at a loss for what word would work best here.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Another example is I sometimes have these screeching and bloodcurdling auditory hallucinations whenever I read one of your posts.

Try these>>>>>>

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

making j u m p s non-sequentially and possibly wrong ones
    turning clouds into lovecraftian monsters and making the sky rain ash while driving
    dungeoneering
    shit mayne

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Try these>>>>>>
    Jaguar the Cosigner!

I need your X on a dotted line...I hope your credit is good.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You really take your membership at The Intuitive Club seriously, dontcha? Read what I wrote. I made a general comment. If I wanted to address you personally I would've quoted you.

I gave examples of what I think are intuition. Sorry, no stories of spectres appearing in front of me. Well I do have one story.

During Snowpacalypse a few weeks ago I had this eerie feeling that if I go outside I might slip on a patch of ice. Damned if I didn't fall! Another example is I sometimes have these screeching and bloodcurdling auditory hallucinations whenever I read one of your posts. I wish I was joking but I'm not. I hear things when I read some people's posts that let's me know how I feel about them.

I know it sounds :crazy: but I swear it's the truth.
    Are you finished with your little emotional display?

Enneagram
    1w2

Are you finished with your little emotional display?
    I figure you of all people will be tolerant.