User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ do tell. I am intrigued by the prospect. (Plus I added some to my post above; enjoy!)

AND, there's no agreement I've seen on what really defines Ni and Ne so anyone who posts a concise yet salient definition to serve as a benchmark would no doubt be greatly lauded.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Similar to OP: When my ex and I were still together, and I lived in Las Vegas, I inexplicably sat up in bed one night, looked at our fan, and had this gripping feeling of being in West Virginia and feeling very very alone. I knew we wouldn't be together anymore, which seemed strange to me at the time because we were especially close at that point, I otherwise couldn't imagine being without him, assumed we were going to get married, and frankly the thought of this fucking terrified me and I chalked it up to a nightmare. I also didn't think at that point about moving back to WV.

Except that about two years later we broke up and I went to WV, so we weren't together anymore, and about a year after that I was in my apartment alone one night feeling VERY horribly depressed and lonely in my bedroom in the dark looking at my fan, and I remembered that night. It came true. Unbelievable.

But USUALLY the way common way I use my Ne is to make symbolic connections in literature between different ideas, or I suddenly come up with something either relevant or funny that seems categorically unrelated to what I'm writing or I'm discussing with someone, yet it somehow fits perfectly and ends up being extremely clever or at least funny. I also used to write major papers over the course of a semester, not by methodically working on them, but by collecting random stuff and not realizing I was doing it, until I actually sat down to write the paper at almost the last minute and was relieved to find that I had virtually everything I needed at my fingertips.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ do tell. I am intrigued by the prospect. (Plus I added some to my post above; enjoy!)

AND, there's no agreement I've seen on what really defines Ni and Ne so anyone who posts a concise yet salient definition to serve as a benchmark would no doubt be greatly lauded.
    "Your vulva is a rounded crater, never lacking mixed wine". (Song of Songs 7:2 ???? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????)

Solomon obviously had some hardcore Ni.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    "Your vulva is a rounded crater, never lacking mixed wine". (Song of Songs 7:2 ???? ??? ???? ?? ???? ????)

Solomon obviously had some hardcore Ni.
    Heh... we used to giggle at "breasts like twin gazelles," also from Song of Solomon. Makes me think of a humorous novel I read (I think it's from Blue Heaven) that described a woman's breasts, barely contained, as being like "two hounds straining at the leash."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hot damn - I have a more recent example. I "knew" there was something wrong with my heater and would have uneasy feelings at night about my apartment catching on fire. I bought a carbon monoxide detector, thinking that at least would make me feel a bit safer. I thought I was being paranoid.

Then one night, my heater just stopped working. The repairman looked aghast at the heater and said "there's no way I'm fixing this, it would be dangerous to even run it, you're lucky it just stopped working." I had to have a brand new heater installed.

I have absolutely no mechanical knowledge what-so-ever, so this had to be my intuition.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Hey some good thought to digest so far here in this thread..

What I experienced is precognitive emotion.. an actual vision of the future.. not an idea I plucked out of a random stream.. I know this. As someone mentioned it was "unusually intense"

I also understand that S and N come to the same place, just using different directions to get there.

This is why I am seeking actual examples.. I think a lot of people misunderstand what N and S are.. me included. I do not think we are there(understanding).. but the stories and ideas are thought provoking and interesting to read.. keep 'em coming

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This reminds me of the time I was in Texas in a little cabin in East Texas, (imagine the setting of Deliverence and you're nearly there) and I was suckling my wee babe at the breast while my husband was employing manual labor so that we could buy some vittles for our supper; when all of a sudden I had the strangest feeling and I looked over and while I was staring at the gas hot water heater--as I was gazing at it--it suddenly leaped into flame from the spigot, not unlike the circumstances I intuit happened in the book Christine by Stephen King (although I never read it); but as I was staring at the blue-orange flame I was jolted back into reality and it was the year 1842 and I was an old lady. You see I had intuited the life of my granddaughter and her son in a super extrasensory perception of Ni that spanned generations, and when I looked over, I realized my time machine had actually caught on fire and scorched my entire left breast, including my nipple, and had fatally malfunctioned, sending me to the present time, to which here I am; I am an old woman, my grandaughter, me, my grandson, my future; all through Ni.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Well, then maybe it was some sort of Fi tied up with Si memory. N is about abstract thoughts and ideas, not feelings invoked by objects or settings. I'm really not trying to shat on your experience, , but I am a bit of a cognitive function freak, and I like identifying functions and their characteristics.

As an infp, your dom function would be Fi, with tert Si. Which is exactly how your experience sounds to me.

Fi/Ne/Si

Maybe de ja vu is some sort of Fi/Si loop? Interesting..........
    I test as an INFP.. but my Ni actually scores higher than my Ne by a few points

Fi> Ni> Ne>Te=Fe > Ti > Se >Si in that order with Te and Fe scoring the same.. Fucked if I know what it actually all means..

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    I test as an INFP.. but my Ni actually scores higher than my Ne by a few points

Fi> Ni> Ne>Te=Fe > Ti > Se >Si in that order with Te and Fe scoring the same.. Fucked if I know what it actually all means..

That's not a big deal, it happens all the time. Tests aren't the best, and you can have good use of both attitudes of a function. If you fit the infp archetype, you probably really do use Ne more than Ni, you just don't 'see' it.

Fi/Ne/Te
    Fe/Ni/Ti
    S

Do you sometimes feel like an xnfj? or some other type?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    1w2

I think you guys are making intuition sound too mystical.

I got this from another thread and this woman has intrigued me.

Brooksley Born. I think she was using intuition in a very real world practical way by connecting the dots. The Warning | FRONTLINE | PBS Video

For a fictional account of the same thing, Spike Lee's movie Inside Man is another example. Even though the characters may not be intuitive, it's about intuition and seeing patterns from disparate pieces of information.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3