User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 64

  1. #11
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Which existed first?
    A relevant question. The answer is in the question.

    The mother is not dependent on the baby. The baby is dependent on the mother.

    Order is independent of thought. Thought is dependent of order.

  2. #12
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

    Order is observed, then people attempt to replicate and use it because they see patterns in it, and people tend to think in terms of patterns on one level or another.

    Ultimately, if we exist in an orderly world, our minds must work and perceive according to certain rules. And in that case, the identification of an ordered pattern related to math is not the discovery of something new, but only the understanding and explanation, in terms we can understand, of what was already there.
    Exactly.

  3. #13
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A definition of a thing is not the thing.
    The definition is the human interpretation, the thing is the human perception.

    Sight, taste, touch, sound, are the human perceptions of the environment, whereas red, sweet, smooth, loud, are the interpretations of the perceptions. Without the interpretation, colors, smells, textures, and noises are meaningless and therefore non-existent. For what we cannot interpret has no meaning beyond our perception, and thus does not exist.

    *Takes a pedantic bow as if he knew what the heck he was talking about*

  4. #14
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    motto

    The order of mathematics is not the product of thought.

    J. Krishnamurti



    Let go.
    All of mathematics is the product of thought. The order within is no different.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A relevant question. The answer is in the question.

    The mother is not dependent on the baby. The baby is dependent on the mother.

    Order is independent of thought. Thought is dependent of order.
    Could be. But what would the cause of order be, in that case?

  6. #16
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Could be. But what would the cause of order be, in that case?
    Science does not provide an answer to the question.
    For the same reason you cannot reach the Bing Bang itself.
    Big Bang is simply not there as a physical entity.
    Any event is timebound. Therefore we are not dealing with an event.
    Only an event can have a cause.

  7. #17
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Science does not provide an answer to the question.
    For the same reason you cannot reach the Bing Bang itself.
    Big Bang is simply not there as a physical entity.
    Any event is timebound. Therefore we are not dealing with an event.
    Only an event can have a cause.
    I give up. There is never any answers to what you say, only more questions, riddles, and paradoxes.

  8. #18
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not. There exists order to be discovered. But is it "the order of mathematics" till it gets incorporated into our mathematics?

    The mathematics we know and will know is only made possible by our thought.
    Our mathematics?
    Mathematics is not a creation of our thought.

    Only the understanding of it is made possible by our thought.

    If it were not so mathematics would not be beyond our manipulation.

    We cannot spoil what is not within our reach to spoil.

    The prerequisite of mathematics is that it is not a product.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Science does not provide an answer to the question.
    For the same reason you cannot reach the Bing Bang itself.
    Big Bang is simply not there as a physical entity.
    Any event is timebound. Therefore we are not dealing with an event.
    Only an event can have a cause.
    I thought of the Bing Bang when I asked you about the cause. But then thought that the Bing Bang was a pretty chaotic process which only gradually started to take shape.

  10. #20
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I give up. There is never any answers to what you say, only more questions, riddles, and paradoxes.
    Does an answer provide understanding or closure?

Similar Threads

  1. My mind is somehwat clear of thought now. In a good way.
    By PimpinMcBoltage in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 10:14 PM
  2. Power of Thought
    By Metamorphosis in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
  3. One System of Thought
    By Jack Flak in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
  4. [MBTItm] What to do when your INF is out of control?
    By Cordiform in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
  5. So Paris is out of jail...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO