User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Let's end the Fe/Ti - Fi/Te wars once and for all...

These explain the difference entirely:

High and Low Context

Fi/Te:
    Low context culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fe/Ti:
    High context culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The many disputes we find on here, in my estimation, comes from an unreasonable expectation on the Fe/Ti side for the Fi/Te user to understand the context in which he or she is speaking, along with the inability of the Fi/Te user to understand that context without explicit description.

So, as far as type goes for fitting in to the spectrum, as far as I see it:

High context

ENFJ
    ESFJ
    INFJ
    ISFJ
    ENTP
    ESTP
    INTP
    ISTP
    ISFP
    INFP
    ESFP
    ENFP
    ISTJ
    INTJ
    ESTJ
    ENTJ

Low Context

The more compatible your type is with the kind of culture you live in, the more likely you will be to engage in a leadership role. ENFJs are the natural leaders of highest context cultures, while ENTJs are the same of lowest context cultures. That shifts with the culture - so the US, a very low context culture, but not entirely so, values the leadership of ESTJs, while Iran, a much higher context culture, prefers the religious leadership of any of the xxFJ types.

Of course, your mileage may vary
    Last edited by onemoretime; 03-08-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: More info

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Me too horney to Type...

Edit: Seriously I thought that it was more of a P/J thing than a Ti/Fe vs Te/Fi thang
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I always have trouble telling if someone is just a bad typist or if the sarcasm is passing right over my pretty little head...

(CONTEXT! GIVE ME SOME CONTEXT! If it's a joke, why's it in the serious forumz???)

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Me too horney to Type...
    Type anyway -- you're only Jung once.
    (and most of us, never)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Well I do kinda notice this between INTP and INTJ (at least before I went over to INTPc but things don't seem nearly as bad of recent). INTJs are one of my favorite types but they always seemed a little more harsh and I always thought my own type a bit more genteel same with the ENTJs who were the least refined of the rationals.

Noticed a similar prejudice years back with the Western Germans toward the Eastern Germans. (I could have solved it all by telling them the world saw them all as Huns but I wanted to hear their opinions) Apparently the Eastern Germans act in an unrefined manner and talk in a way that is harsh on the ears.

OK I splashed around the gasoline everywhere...sumbody hand me some matches.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well I do kinda notice this between INTP and INTJ (at least before I went over to INTPc but things don't seem nearly as bad). INTJs are one of my favorite types but they always seemed a little more harsh and I always thought my own type a bit more genteel same with the ENTJs.

Noticed a similar prejudice years back with the Western Germans toward the Eastern Germans. (I could have solved it all by telling them the world saw them all as Huns but I wanted to hear their opinions) Apparently the Eastern Germans act in an unrefined manner and talk in a way that is harsh on the ears.

OK I splashed around the gasoline everywhere...sumbody hand me so matches.

*lights you on fire, pushes you down the stairs, feels proud for being helpful*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    *lights you on fire, pushes you down the stairs, feels proud for being helpful*
    How dreadfull! I know it says 'no smoking' but might we take the elevator next time darling?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How dreadfull! I know it says 'no smoking' but can we take the elevator next time darling?
    Hmmm...well I guess since I have Fi/Te and you have Ti/Fe I didn't understand the nuances of your high context culture when you splashed gasoline around, you fucking West German.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hmmm...well I guess since I have Fi/Te and you have Ti/Fe I didn't understand the nuances of your high context culture when you splashed gasoline around, you fucking West German.
    Indeed! Those half types (those with Te or Fi) are really not much better...do we have to include them...**eyes blinkings expectantly**

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The many disputes we find on here, in my estimation, comes from an unreasonable expectation on the Fe/Ti side for the Fi/Te user to understand the context in which he or she is speaking, along with the inability of the Fi/Te user to understand that context without explicit description.
    I don't know if this works trying to extract it to function usage.

Considering and assuming that each culture / sub-culture has the same proportion of typological distribution, how then does low or high culture even form? Extrapolating from your hypothesis, it would require a predominance of one type over another to create and maintain said culture.

And each individual then comes with their own inherent cultural bias, either low or high, regardless of type. And interact here. I would thus extrapolate that the Fe users from various high / high cultures should have the absolute least in common and the most conflict, not knowing the unspoken tenets of the other.

Perhaps I am just not seeing what you mean. I think a cultural example of this is French-Canadian / English-Canadian divide; if you're not a francophone, you don't know the "rules" baked into that community. But how does that ascribe to type?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching