User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^That would kinda be a trippy twist of on Greatest Warrior TV show. The greatest sociopaths. Pick to groups of psychos and see who wins. My bet would be the group with the most ENFPs. They be crazy as well as unrefined.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    GONE

I'm gonna mull this over more but I think we're working with very different definitions or understandings of type functions.

I come from a high-context culture and I think the idea that ENFPs are low context (need everything explicitly explained?) and ENTPs are high context (need little explained) doesn't make sense to me - given the anthropological definitions given, it makes it seem that ENTPs would thrive in a high context culture and ENFPs wouldn't... Totally not the case.

And basically regardless of the high context or low context culture, all types are acculturated to it. Foreigners and visitors by virtue of being an "out group" of birth of have a harder time being accepted and functioning within a high context culture (example: Japan) but I think for people who are born and raised in that culture, you get it by being around it, regardless of your type.

Also, in a high context society it's more conformity and how much you personally care about understanding and being part of the 'ingroup' that determines how you get along. I don't think conforming to the group or getting along well with an ingroup is necessarily at the top of an ENTP's list.

If anything from peripheral observation and experience young ENTPs before they develop strong Fe are abrasive, bulldoze people and ideas, and can be overall unpleasant - particularly the males - precisely because they do NOT fall in line with the "local culture" or care to learn about common culture and enjoy mocking things they don't understand or agree with kinda like the way an ESTP may thumb their nose at something they think is dumb --> This will get your ass kicked or at least shunned or at least make you lots of enemies in a high context society.

Also, as an Fi dom, I am a context aware person - it's Ne, not Fe or Fi which primarily makes people aware of context. Or may you could say Ne gathers the environment and it's Te/Ti/Fe/Fi is the lense through which context is understood and our place in the context determined...

I have purposely avoided a lot of the "Fi/ENTP/ENFP" threads so maybe I'm missing a lot of context (harhar) about but I'm not getting your 'high context/low context' analogies or how you ranked the types in terms of those anthropological definitions.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Ti-types don't mind thumbing their noses at convention because, well, we like getting into fights. It's fun.

As we get older and actually want to do something with ourselves, we don't mind it so much anymore.

Besides, you have to know the rules to know how to most flagrantly violate them.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

That's it! I'm moving to Canada and staring a cult.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    +1

p.s. Are we at war?
    HOLD THE LINE!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Agent Smith: "Is it over?"

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOygEGq08tA"]The War Continues.....[/YOUTUBE]

Nope.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching