Thread: The Tertiary

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default The Tertiary

Ok so I want a list of the tertiaries at their worst and their best. Ime, tertiary Fe is something I just wanna pummel and get rid of, though it can also be used properly. And it's true what they say, the tertiary is like that teenager you just wanna strangle.

So..I'd like to see examples of all functions in their Tertiary use at their worst, but also how they could function at their best. We know that they can never be as extensive and as well versed as doms or aux's, but how can does a tertiary that has been developed properly function? And what does that concretely look like on each function?

In other words:

Which Tertiary drives you mad and why/how? And what would it look like in a healthy state?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

brainheart

bad Si- hypochondriac, paranoid, detached from the moment reality

good Si- uh, maybe paying attention to the information/lessons of the past that are relevant and helpful?

Tert. Fi:

- Random bursts of emotions, uncontrollable on short term, like a roar. Paranoid convictions, unexplainable pathos followed by shame.

+ Internal compass, navigates between possibilities offered by Ni, and tells Te what is and what isn't worthy of constructing. Integrating values, empathizing with other people's concerns even if they seem illogical.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Good Se: Ability to say "ah, fuck it" and go with an easier solution that may not be the best, rather than continue beating the problem to come up with the ultimate perfect one. Also, its awesome when it lets you bask in fun extravertedness and go with the flow and just enjoy yourself.

Bad Se: Making stupid mistakes and expecting them to work out in the end because you usually make good decisions so you assume that you can make them without a lot of thought and then when you do they turn to shit and your usual ENxJ self is disapointing with yourself for not thinking it through. Also, sometimes doing embarassing or really stupid things with future consequences.

What bugs me:
    Tertiary Fi.
    IxTJs can sometimes not realize that they're using Fi rather than their aux Te, and then they are so certain that they are being rational as usual and they stick blindly to their argument.

Tertiary Fe:
    When people use it to flatter you or try to manipulate you for whatever reason, it's generally entirely see-through but you still feel like an asshole being rude to someone who is *technically* saying nice things.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Good, good, not what i was expecting..I was kinda hoping for personal rants and sharing anecdotes here, people
    It gives more detail to work with
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Perhaps you should start, then.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sigh, ok, here's the post that made me make this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I have to agree on the whole 'insisting on an appology when someone clearly had no intention of pissing you off, or did something on purpose.' It seems petty.

Honestly, that's the thing that wears me out about [tertiary Fe]. It expects you to catch every little consideration for everyone around with an overabundance of thank you's, pleases, and sorries, to the point where it becomes a bully. It like feels self-righteous to demand these things from people and becomes rude and rather uncivil in the process, which just looks ironic and hypocritical to me. Not to mention judgemental. This is also why Fi always feels Fe is judgemental, coz it expresses leading thoughts, jumping to conclusions according to the social norm and according to what social bonusses you received by your actions which you haven't even thought of but they won't even believe you hadn't, instead of listening to the reasoning as to why a Fi-user did something. It assumes. And, gets paranoid about the correction of its assumptions. Drives me mental that. Then it demands that you confess your lies or you're deceitful, lying, selfish, cruel or worse, in denial and need a reality check.

At this point, I just wanna cry. Really. How you can believe such things about me, it's just downright hurtful. I give you the benefit of the doubt and all you can do is accuse me and demand I appologize for trivial things coz they weren't up to your standards. And when I refuse, you slander my name and guilttrip me for being a horrible person?

At that point, I'd give anythign to wake up and discover it's all a bad dream.

/rant.

It made me curious if such strong reactions were also experienced with tertiary Te, tertiary Si etc etc, and if so, how one can grow past causing such irritations with others.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    bad Si- hypochondriac, paranoid, detached from the moment reality
    ^ This.

The best part of Si is the nostalgia.
    For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This is actually a good example of how Fi can bother me, so I guess it would apply to tertiary Fi as well:

I have to agree on the whole 'insisting on an appology when someone clearly had no intention of pissing you off, or did something on purpose.' It seems petty.
    I dislike it when people put too much weight on intentions and no weight at all to what ACTUALLY happened. As immature Fi it can be a bit of a "Well I didnt MEAN to do put you in a bad position, so you cant blame me".

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

That, i agree on, however, it can be considered a mittigating circumstance and it depends on whether it concerns a trivial detail or an actual action which caused a lot of damage. If it's a trivial detail that happened to slip through the net, then big deal, if it was somethign thath ad big consequences, it takes very immature Fi to not say 'sorry, I fucked up', i think.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★