Thread: The Tertiary

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    He whacked me in the face... a lil different than just bumpin into someone....
    Did you have lasting damage? Did he appologize instantly? If he did, and you weren't injured seriously, let it go. Everybody makes mistakes, that includes you. Why should you get to make yours when he doesn't even get to make a tiny one like this. Seriously, I'd pummel you on purpose right about now. You need a good spanking.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Tertiary functions help to round out our personalities once we've already gotten a good handle on the auxiliary. If we skip the aux and go straight to tertiary, we run into problems.

Good tert Ti: I can't go along with this because it's riddled with inconsistencies that violate the spirit of natural logic, and behaving illogically would threaten my ability to fulfill my duty to family/friends/community/whatever.

Bad tert Ti (note the lack of aux Fe): I don't have to listen to you or pay attention to your ideas because your feelings are silly and illogical. I don't see any reason I should have any obligation to anyone but myself.
    What would good and bad Te tert look like out of curiosity? And before you grumpily state that someone already said that, I wanted to have some more examples. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Some idiot kid whacked me the other day because he was oblivious to his surroundings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Did you have lasting damage?
    Too funny.

MBTI
    xNFP

If it caused a concussion, that could explain the grumpy out-of-character behavior....

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Did you have lasting damage? Did he appologize instantly? If he did, and you weren't injured seriously, let it go. Everybody makes mistakes, that includes you. Why should you get to make yours when he doesn't even get to make a tiny one like this. Seriously, I'd pummel you on purpose right about now. You need a good spanking.
    You want to pummel him because you're hurt.

The hurt that you feel is the exact same one that he felt.

MBTI
    xNFP

Ah, ferk it! You cannot educate people - so instead, I give them the look-of-death that says, "Look, f-er, you eff with me one more time, and you're effing DEAD, got it biatch?" and makes people run away.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You want to pummel him because you're hurt.

The hurt that you feel is the exact same one that he felt.
    Dude, I told you before that you're underqualified to be intuiting my emotions. I'm not hurt, I'm just rolling my eyes at him being intolerant. And I was semi-joking about the pummeling. I figured it was clear from the 'spanking'-sentence that followed, but apparently I have to stick to using emoticons for this. Bab and I know each other a bit so I was kinda banking on him being able to interpret my comment/joke the way it was meant.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Dude, I told you before that you're underqualified to be intuiting my emotions. I'm not hurt, I'm just rolling my eyes at him being intolerant. And I was semi-joking about the pummeling. I figured it was clear from the 'spanking'-sentence that followed, but apparently I have to stick to using emoticons for this. Bab and I know each other a bit so I was kinda banking on him being able to interpret my comment/joke the way it was meant.
    I'm understanding his emotions a lot more through your expression of emotion. I don't know what your exact emotion is, because I'm not proficient with Fi. I do know it's the same as his, because I'm learning how to use this Fe thing a little more effectively.

Hopefully, you understand what I'm trying to get across.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I'm understanding his emotions a lot more through your expression of emotion. I don't know what your exact emotion is, because I'm not proficient with Fi. I do know it's the same as his, because I'm learning how to use this Fe thing a little more effectively.

Hopefully, you understand what I'm trying to get across.
    The only thing we're sharing atm is the indignation that comes with Fi. He's appalled someone would smack him in the face like that, and I'm appalled that he's being that shortsighted about it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    xNFP

I'm appalled that we're discussing it. What about other tertiaries (desperate attempt to get back on track *AHEM*).

Better do it, too because Bun-Bun's pissed off!

<---See?