User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: The Tertiary

  1. #11
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    This is actually a good example of how Fi can bother me, so I guess it would apply to tertiary Fi as well:



    I dislike it when people put too much weight on intentions and no weight at all to what ACTUALLY happened. As immature Fi it can be a bit of a "Well I didnt MEAN to do put you in a bad position, so you cant blame me".
    Yeah but pure consequentialism doesn't really work either.

    The important factors should be intentions + reasonable predictability of results.

    If the person in question puts you in a bad position unintentionally, but could have reasonably predicted that it might very well happen (i.e., s/he was negligent), then yes I agree...but it's not the actual result that matters in moral evaluation; it's the predictability of that result.

    If, on the other hand, I'm playing catch with a friend and the ball hits him in the chest and he dies of a fluke heart attack, I don't really accept moral responsibility for that.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #12
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Bad Tert Te-I am highly irritable, bitchy, dominating, dont want to be touched. I will tend to lash out. I want to be in control of everything as I cant keep up with all of the details. It looks very reactive and is tainted with emotive overtones. It wants to lend control but isnt strong enough to supply direction. Ah, yes the tert Te bitch slap as well....Te can be cruel and harsh in how it judges others and hurts them without being aware.

    Good Tert Te-Feels very grounded, stable, directive but not dictatorial. I can build plans. I can troubleshoot very well. If I can use with Fi, I can take a group and reroute them onto a more productive path. I can use it to gain the trust of ISTJs and then convey an ENTP vision. They can trust Fi, understand the Te practicality, thus I can get them to buy into the idea.

  3. #13
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    That, i agree on, however, it can be considered a mittigating circumstance and it depends on whether it concerns a trivial detail or an actual action which caused a lot of damage. If it's a trivial detail that happened to slip through the net, then big deal, if it was somethign thath ad big consequences, it takes very immature Fi to not say 'sorry, I fucked up', i think.
    Yes definitely, I think the problem lies in what a "trivial detail" is.. because where one person might think being late is okay and it happens, another person might feel like its a big sign of disrespect.. so you never know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Bad Tert Te-I am highly irritable, bitchy, dominating, dont want to be touched. I will tend to lash out. I want to be in control of everything as I cant keep up with all of the details. It looks very reactive and is tainted with emotive overtones. It wants to lend control but isnt strong enough to supply direction. Ah, yes the tert Te bitch slap as well....Te can be cruel and harsh in how it judges others and hurts them without being aware.

    Good Tert Te-Feels very grounded, stable, directive but not dictatorial. I can build plans. I can troubleshoot very well. If I can use with Fi, I can take a group and reroute them onto a more productive path. I can use it to gain the trust of ISTJs and then convey an ENTP vision. They can trust Fi, understand the Te practicality, thus I can get them to buy into the idea.
    Uhh.. You're thinking of PMS.

  4. #14
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post

    Uhh.. You're thinking of PMS.
    LOL, that was below the belt.

    As for unhealthy Fi, it's more of using it to rationalize bad judgments. You're in charge of yourself, so you justify bad decisions that are made out of immaturity or inexperience.

    Healthy Fi allows you to remove external rules around a person and look at them as a human being. It also allows you to establish your independence to be used toward higher aims.


  5. #15
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    The best part of Si is the nostalgia.
    Maybe if it were good nostalgia for me. If anything, it's the moments I wish I could change. I never 'wax poetic' about the good ol' days. I have never been tempted to. Really.

    I don't really remember details of the good things, just an overall good feeling.

    Although I can have nostalgia for a time in which I was never alive, say the U.S. when it was still unspoilt. I would have liked to have seen that, not to mention kicked the asses of those dumbshits shooting buffalo from trains, setting the prairie on fire, etc.

  6. #16
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    My Tertiary Fe at its best: I've messed something up and I've got to apologize. Suddenly everything goes well and I realize everyone has forgiven me already, just because I am honest enough to acknowlegde my mistake. Other people tend to forgive me easier than I do myself.
    My Fe is very well exercised in apologizing . Now if I could get her on socializing and small-talk...

    My Tertiary Fe at its worst: like my mother once said, I'm "not interested in people". I can act interested for a while, but if the subject doesn't interest me, the person won't interest me either. I want to talk about literature, science, philosophy,... If Ne can't work, Fe concludes the person isn't interesting.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  7. #17
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Tert Ni at it's best- Figuring out something's intentions, implications, and how something will develop as it arises in the moment.

    Tert Ni at it's worst- Thinking about all of the negative ways that a situation can play out, overthinking.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #18
    Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Maybe if it were good nostalgia for me. If anything, it's the moments I wish I could change. I never 'wax poetic' about the good ol' days. I have never been tempted to. Really.

    I don't really remember details of the good things, just an overall good feeling.

    Although I can have nostalgia for a time in which I was never alive, say the U.S. when it was still unspoilt. I would have liked to have seen that, not to mention kicked the asses of those dumbshits shooting buffalo from trains, setting the prairie on fire, etc.
    There's plenty of remembrance of things I wish I could go back in time and change, believe me you. But the ability to look back and remember comes with plenty of positives.

    Yeah, I would be right there alongside you killing those bastards.
    For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

  9. #19
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Ok people, I want to hear some bitching about tertiary Te and tertiary Si specifically! Out with it!!!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #20
    Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ok people, I want to hear some bitching about tertiary Te and tertiary Si specifically! Out with it!!!
    Sometimes I am far too aware of my internal state. I have a feel of impending illness, like something is wrong with the inner workings of my body.

    Especially if the weather is gloomy or depressing, I have this feeling of something very wrong on the horizon. I can't get comfortable, I feel trapped in my own skin, etc.
    For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Similar Threads

  1. Why Typing Should be through the Tertiary-Opposite (The Point of Least Resistance)
    By InvisibleJim in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
  2. [MBTItm] ENTPs and the Tertiary Fe
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 06:15 PM
  3. Holy crap!--the orientation of the tertiary?!
    By Kalach in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 08:39 PM
  4. Orienting by the Tertiary Function
    By VagrantFarce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
  5. the tertiary function:overdevelopment
    By sculpting in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 06:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO