• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dear ENTJs,

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I guess I owe this:

Dear ENTJs,

I'm sorry I called you guys micromanagers. I've had shitty experiences with several unhealthy ENTJs and only recently realized it had skewed my perception of your type.

Let the record show that I do occasionally admit mistakes.

If anyone would like to share ideas on how to more effectively work/communicate with ENTJs (so this thread can accomplish something), that'd be cool.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You only lost by 6 votes. That doesn't warrant this kind of humble letter of apology and admittance of defeat. You're giving the bastards far too much credit.

Diplomacy looks bad on you. :nono:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what's this all about then?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what's this all about then?

I said ENTJs had a tendency to micromanage and made a poll asking how many people agreed. It came out 20-14 in favor of "No." There was a long argument about it with several people on both sides.

After a while I figured that the ENTJs I've met that gave me this impression are probably an unusual sample.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, I see. Perceptions fooled you. It happens to everyone.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
OMG and :shock:

I had to reread the OP a few times because, for your usual brand of sarcasm, it sure is...mild. :laugh:

Still waiting for the punchline.

:popc1:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You only lost by 6 votes. That doesn't warrant this kind of humble letter of apology and admittance of defeat. You're giving the bastards far too much credit.

Diplomacy looks bad on you. :nono:

Considering the NP bent on this forum, it probably should have gone the other way, at least I expected it to.

However, you also have to consider how many people [if any] simply wanted to be a contrarian or wanted to see Sim be wrong, or if people did not want to admit that they hold a stereotype.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
If anyone would like to share ideas on how to more effectively work/communicate with ENTJs (so this thread can accomplish something), that'd be cool.

(1)Beat your boss up
(2)Piss on his coffee
(3)Blow up his car with a bomb
(4)Have sex with his wife and publicize it
(5)Get him drunk and drugged and encourage him to drive
(6)Argue with him over every small issue he brings up

There are many approaches to make him happy, these are only just a few I can think of.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Well I guess I owe this:

Dear ENTJs,

I'm sorry I called you guys micromanagers. I've had shitty experiences with several unhealthy ENTJs and only recently realized it had skewed my perception of your type.

Let the record show that I do occasionally admit mistakes.

Wow...
Prone to extremes, eh? :)

I'm telling you, simulatedworld, it's all a matter of semantics and attitude! Your poll/discussion failed...your idea didn't necessarily.

But my gut is telling me this is just another information-gathering attempt from another angle. If that's true, I will be very annoyed and very impressed.
:huh::D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(1)Beat your boss up
(2)Piss on his coffee
(3)Blow up his car with a bomb
(4)Have sex with his wife and publicize it
(6)Argue with him over every small issue he brings up

There are many approaches to make him happy, these are only just a few I can think of.

These tips work for bosses of all types!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Cloud, you are a trip. :laugh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Funny you should say that, because he wasn't actually the boss--he was another delivery driver. And he actually got caught drinking beer while driving his deliveries, and somehow managed to not get fired for it. Our ISTJ boss was sort of ineffectual when it came to reprimanding people!

OMG and :shock:

I had to reread the OP a few times because, for your usual brand of sarcasm, it sure is...mild. :laugh:

Still waiting for the punchline.

:popc1:

No punchline. I really thought the poll would come out in my favor and was surprised enough when it didn't that I had to admit to having misinterpreted something.

Admitting fault is hard, man. Try to be supportive, k?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm proud of you.

Jaguar

chess1.jpg

T

ThatGirl

Only read the op and the said thread. I don't know what everyone was so pissed about. I micromanaged the shit out of my ex husband. I had a vision, he was part of it. What he did affected me and I was subject to his consequences. Ultimately I watched him desolve as a man in front of me though he complied to my will. I lost respect for him. We had very different goals (I wanted to do shit he was content just being). Eventually I realized it was my pride and not wanting to fail that kept the relationship together and cut him lose in an act of mercy.

The guy I met after him turned the tables and the same thing happened to me. I didn't care for it much.

Inevitably I learned that finding people with similar goals and motivation, equal competency levels (even if they are in different areas) would be key. As I wrote before, I now look for people I can work together with. Like my half of the Curies.

Bottom line, if I am paired with someone less capable, and it somehow affects me, I micro manage like a mother fucker.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Inevitably I learned that finding people with similar goals and motivation, equal competency levels (even if they are in different areas) would be key. As I wrote before, I now look for people I can work together with. Like my half of the Curies.

Bottom line, if I am paired with someone less capable, and it somehow affects me, I micro manage like a mother fucker.

macro-movement is achieved partly through steps on a smaller scale (and vice versa). if there is a goal and one wishes to accomplish while situated within a group of apathetic or incompetent individuals - one is required to change the situation through inspiration, control, vigilance, etc. the entj annoyance was mostly directed toward the assumption that this is some innate need that is applied throughout all contexts but discerning individuals, regardless of type, understand that we live in a society and as imperfect individuals, pushes are needed. certain individuals may have a natural inclination to distrust the competence or follow-through of others and engage in all sorts of pre-emptive strikes or watchful behaviors which in itself, may prompt the other parties to rebel, submit, secede, etc. i think several people were trying to illuminate this consequence and express their own irritation in personal experience of being unwillingly directed. entj's are people, people are not entj's; organizational skills are a generalized talent of the "entj" archetype but the stereotype of micro-management was taken to extremes, as if entj's do this without any sense of discernment.

thatgirl, you've made a great and cogent post, once again, describing how these behaviors are necessary and sometimes less pleasant for the one effecting them than for recipients.